Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Honestly I'm shocked the neighbors haven't tried to poison the dog with antifreeze or something that smells delicious to the dog. I've seen people poison their neighbor's dog for much, much less.

OP I'm sorry to say there's nothing you can do to convince your parents, so stop trying. Helping them manage the situation is not helping the dog - the dog is clearly unhappy, unhealthy and uncomfortable. If the police won't do anything about it and your parents refuse to recognize that something is wrong, I think the only thing you could do is to stop visiting them in the apartment.

If they choose the dog over you, they were kinda lovely parents anyway, IMO. They are clearly lovely dog owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so like did you just not stop them and let them poison the dog or did you mean that you've heard about it after the fact because

I used to work at a veterinary clinic. We would treat for poison cases, and sometimes were called to ID what killed someone's animal. If it was a poison like Rat or antifreeze, we would ask them if the owners knew anyone who may have poisoned their animal. It was sad to see that it was more common than coyote related killings in some seasons. I recall one was because the woman broke up with a man, so he decided to poison her puppy.