Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kuato posted:

Kuato’s mom thinks Kuato is handsome

Handsome men are basic bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, I'm 34 and I get ID'd all the time, probably because I barely grow facial hair. I was actually able to easily count how many facial hairs I had until about my mid-20's, and it's only within the last few years that I've been able to grow a mustache slightly better than a pube-stache and a mediocre chin-beard. Plus my hair hasn't really receded at all.

I was kinda shocked when I found out I was slightly older than Steven Miller, since he looks more like he's in his 40s or 50s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm in my 30s but everyone thinks i'm in my early 20s

when my hair is short i get carded af though

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slightly Absurd posted:

Yeah, I'm 34 and I get ID'd all the time, probably because I barely grow facial hair. I was actually able to easily count how many facial hairs I had until about my mid-20's, and it's only within the last few years that I've been able to grow a mustache slightly better than a pube-stache and a mediocre chin-beard. Plus my hair hasn't really receded at all.

I was kinda shocked when I found out I was slightly older than Steven Miller, since he looks more like he's in his 40s or 50s

Don’t try to grow facial hair, friend. It’s not worth it and will not look good. (Guy that regrets all 20 year old pictures)

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Don’t try to grow facial hair, friend. It’s not worth it and will not look good. (Guy that regrets all 20 year old pictures)

Oh no no
If you can grow a good mustache and a soul patch----if you can pull it off

Mmmmmmmm

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Totally, I look so young that every time I try to use my AARP discount I get carded

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Gonna +1 the sunblock + moisturizer bit though, especially for dudes, poo poo makes your skin look way better than it should.

ok so what routine should I follow to reverse age my haggard face?

Its not a sunblock issue because I'm a shut in

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

guestimate posted:

Oh no no
If you can grow a good mustache and a soul patch----if you can pull it off

Mmmmmmmm

You say soul patch again...

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'm late 30s and I'm always being told I look like I'm in my 20s. I get talked down to all the time, especially with career advice, by people my own age. Lots of 'when you get to be my age' type poo poo. Inside though I feel like I'm pulling up to my 50s or 60s since I have a bad back, my supervisor is near 70s I think and we have the same back problem which we often discuss our treatments and tips and tricks about.

No mystery or age defying regimen, I'm Asian so I'll probably look younger than I am until I hit 60 then overnight I'll look 80 while walking down the street bent over on my cane wearing my members only jacket as is tradition.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blackchamber posted:

No mystery or age defying regimen, I'm Asian so I'll probably look younger than I am until I hit 60 then overnight I'll look 80 while walking down the street bent over on my cane wearing my members only jacket as is tradition.

i'm part asian but also part hawaiian so, like keanu, i will look like i'm 20 years old until i'm 70, at which point i'll look like a white 40 maybe

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hey asian brothers. Im early 30s but my hair is starting to thin out up the middle. So much so that my dad bought me one of those hats that shoots lasers into your scalp so your hair grows back. I have some annoying right shoulder impingement that comes and goes, my right shin still has the concave dent in it from falling off my dorm bed while drunk, and one of my front teeth has a crown on it from when I got hit in the face with a beer bottle. I feel old as gently caress.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I actually died several years ago but people consistently tell me I'm very lifelike

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lol no

A couple years ago a cashier at a corner store called me “kiddo” when he gave me my change. I was 34 with a beard.

I grew my beard around age 30 when I started getting sick of being carded for alcohol but it seems to have had no effect whatsoever. Prior to that, at age 26 I had been carded for buying a Swiss Army knife at Walmart where apparently the minimum age for buying knives is 16.

I’ve always been really small and young looking for my age though. In middle school some classmate told me that the bus driver almost didn’t let me ride home because he thought I was lost and should have been on the kindergarten bus. For years I thought she was bullshitting me but I just recently dug up my 6th grade yearbook and holy poo poo I genuinely looked about six years old.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Collapsing Farts posted:

My hobby used to be "videogames" in my early 20's so I looked like poo poo. Now I still play the occasional videogame but now my hobby is "the gym" so I look amazing. Consequently, at 32, I look better than all my peers that I know

It's strange, to be fit

It's like people auto-respect you so much, even if you've done nothing to deserve it. It's quite amazing

going to the gym after being a gamer rules because it's like you're boosting your strength stat IRL and I think your wisdom gets a boost too because you start realizing wh ata loving waste of time videogames are

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I'm super old but constantly get called "young man" by fossils at work. Does that count?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Tony Snark posted:

Apparently not because at 35 I still get cat called and sweet talked by junior high and high school girls and it's massively disturbing, I'm seriously considering coloring my hair white and chain smoking cigars to age myself up a decade in appearance and voice.

You get sweet talked by little girls?

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Pontificating rear end posted:

I actually died several years ago but people consistently tell me I'm very lifelike

hell same

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

ArtIsResistance posted:

going to the gym after being a gamer rules because it's like you're boosting your strength stat IRL and I think your wisdom gets a boost too because you start realizing wh ata loving waste of time videogames are

this is some goons.txt stuff right here

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Navin Johnson posted:

I'm super old but constantly get called "young man" by fossils at work. Does that count?

Nope! I've noticed people calling my dad young and he's in his 60's. As soon as you are 10-15 years older than someone it seems to be automatic. I was at a funeral a couple of years ago and a little lady came up to talk to me about the guy who died. She said "Sure he wasn't that old, he was only 74." She must have been in her 80's or 90's.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Valko posted:

Nope! I've noticed people calling my dad young and he's in his 60's. As soon as you are 10-15 years older than someone it seems to be automatic. I was at a funeral a couple of years ago and a little lady came up to talk to me about the guy who died. She said "Sure he wasn't that old, he was only 74." She must have been in her 80's or 90's.

It's also relative to where you are. I worked in a healthcare facility where the dominant patient was quite elderly, so we'd frequently refer to people in their 50s and even 60s as "quite young" simply because they had their mental faculties and could use the bathroom by themselves. It is automatic if you're 10-15 years older though. Like I don't think of people who are 20 as children, but something about them really looks like a child now that I'm that much older.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My girlfriend and I are 3 years apart but she's tiny and once during election time some party promoter stopped us in the street like "sir, vote for us so your daughter's future will be a bright one". To be fair he was like 80 years old and probably going purely on size, although then again he could have been anywhere from 40-120.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

My Lovely Horse posted:

My girlfriend and I are 3 years apart but she's tiny and once during election time some party promoter stopped us in the street like "sir, vote for us so your daughter's future will be a bright one". To be fair he was like 80 years old and probably going purely on size, although then again he could have been anywhere from 40-120.

You should have played along to piss off your sister

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"A Dutch man who wanted to legally become 20 years younger has been told he must remain 69."

You want to 69 forever, old buddy. Get your priorities in order.

Gabriel-Ernest
Jun 3, 2011

Such dreadful things should not be said even in fun.
People’s guesses for me used to skew a few years too old, but I got the impression that I could go either way and it was more about demeanor: I seemed competent (flattering!) and also kind of low-energy all the time. By the time I reached 24 or so, they started getting it more or less right.

TheMostFrench posted:

"A Dutch man who wanted to legally become 20 years younger has been told he must remain 69."

You want to 69 forever, old buddy. Get your priorities in order.

The fact that this guy is “a motivational speaker, entrepreneur and former daytime TV presenter” all tracks 100% for someone doing a publicity stunt this dumb. Apparently he also ran for office as a member of his own political party and got zero votes.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm 32. Most people guess somewhere between 35-37.

ShaveThePolarBears
Jun 5, 2019
I used to think I was good at guessing ages, but after spending a while on tinder I found that there is a lot of variance in how old people look - either that or they're lying about their age. I'm 26 and I'd say I look about that age. I don't get asked for ID at bars (drinking age is 18). I don't ask people to guess my age, it's not really a game I can win. If they guess too young, I think they're probably being polite, and if they guess too old then I've just been told I look old.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ShaveThePolarBears posted:

I used to think I was good at guessing ages, but after spending a while on tinder I found that there is a lot of variance in how old people look - either that or they're lying about their age. I'm 26 and I'd say I look about that age. I don't get asked for ID at bars (drinking age is 18). I don't ask people to guess my age, it's not really a game I can win. If they guess too young, I think they're probably being polite, and if they guess too old then I've just been told I look old.

I never ask either but me and my older brother hang out a lot and people routinely think he's my younger brother so it comes up pretty frequently when they ask. :shrug:

naem
May 29, 2011

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Kak posted:

this is some goons.txt stuff right here

sounds like you've got low charisma, fuckface

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not Smeagorl?!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pfft if charisma was based off good looks old barely alive bastards wouldn't have like 3 more of it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm aging extremely badly

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Ever since I stopped working night shifts and started getting regular sleep in the same intervals, my skin became so much better. Maybe try that idk

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Let me put it this way, I'm gonna get carded for the senior discount.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I wish

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I’m mid 30s, bald, have a huge beard full of gray hairs, and smoke cigarettes so I look okay for a 60 year old

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I look young I'm told.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
My face is wrinked and acne scarred lol

My facial hair is lovely and patchy.

My hair is extremely thin and getting thinner by the month.

I'm basically blind

My knees are hosed.

I'm 22

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

razamataza posted:

any one else find it a bit weird all the police refer to the head police officier woman as Mum in the new black mirror? not sure about implications or sexism but it just straight up seemed weird

e: mostly because it's not a real thing and seems straight out of james bond but way less cool and in fact in james bond they call her M instead of mum

I haven't seen the episode but are you sure they aren't just saying ma'am with an English accent?

On topic, I'm generally taken for 3-5 years younger these days (30s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'm an aging millennial and all the smashed avocados and microdermabrasion treatments are maintaining my boyish good looks