Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Hellioning posted:

Yes, that is the point.

You managed to find the best combination anyway.

I wonder if the classes will have different outfits this time, or if they're just recolors.

Hope they have different outfits so a team of dark/dark Hawk/Duran/Kevin is all skulls all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hawkeye/Angela/Duran 4 lyphe
And I think they were all dark/light for the incredible versatility

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Here’s a little tip for first timers: you can glitch spells into being cast instantly by picking the spell to use, then with another character use whatever item and the spell will fire off immediately after the item animation is done. Breaks the game once you teach Angela Ancient

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

acksplode posted:

I'm about 10 hours in, just got everyone in my party their first class change, and the game seems easy enough that you probably don't need to worry about fully exploiting the class system. Enemies drop tons of cash that you can spend on an endless supply of items that you can freely pull out of storage between combat encounters, which paves over a lot of the difficulties you might run into. Maybe there's a gatekeeper of a dungeon or boss that's gonna surprise me, but I just haven't felt forced to think hard about anything yet.

Enemy levels scale hard after a certain point in the game to the point that you’ll need to rely on equipment to do damage and equipment gets super expensive

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hawkeye/Duran/Angela forever as Nightblade/Swordmaster/uh, Angela's Dark/Dark I think? The one that learns the lvl. 3 elemental magics? Tremendous damage potential in that party

At any rate, apparently the new classes are locked to what your initial class change was (ie Ranger can only become a Spriggan, Ninja can only become an Avenger) but since you can reclass it shouldn't be too much of a problem

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy moly Jessica’s voice acting

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The characters also move too slow for how fast their legs move and how much they bounce while running

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I haven’t gotten there on the demo yet but don’t you get the third party member after full metal hugger (unless your third partner is Charlotte)? Did they change that?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

timp posted:

You're correct, and this is honestly something I wish they would have been clearer about. You will not get to use your 3rd party member in this demo. (unless you picked Charlotte maybe?)

All good though, just means we have a great excuse to play through the demo thrice instead of twice! :v:

Yeah if I remember correctly Charlotte joins you in the waterfall cave after you rescue her if she’s your third party member
Also I am so glad that there are different weapon models. I love that little detail. Shame that all the armor menu sprites are the same now though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Goremand is a :discourse: level pun
Also Malocchio is an inspired translation for Jagen/Earl of the Evil Eye

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What’s the fastest way to get ??? Seeds? Just beat land umber and got three seeds which let me turn Duran into an edelfrei and Angela into a magus but poor little Hawkeye is still a ninja

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Uggghhhh come on give me the nightblade class item already

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

YggiDee posted:

When do ??? Seeds start dropping? I grabbed the six free ones that are in the Benevodon dungeons but I got some duplicate items so Kevin's SOL.

(Incidentally, how do Fatal Fist and Enlightened compare?)

I managed to get a couple from enemy drops early on with my first benevodon, land umber and then got some more from my third, xan bie, and by all accounts they become considerably more common after beating four of the fuckers

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I managed to get Angela's Dragon Staff from a gold seed on my fifth benevodon and everything she pointed at just exploded
I don't wanna jinx it but these seeds are extremely generous with endgame gear. My pot's at level 4 and I've also already gotten Ruby Mask, King's Gauntlets, Black Garb and whatever Angela's best helmet is and I haven't fought Zable Fahr yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I’m sick of grinding for seeds dammit, I just want to make sure all my guys are geared their best before fighting Anise
At this rate it won’t matter though since I’m leveling up like crazy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it possible to get 6 ??? seeds without fighting a Benevodon or purposely going through the dungeons to get the guaranteed one from the chest?

In my experience some enemies in the benevodons dungeons do drop them

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Do they do it from the start? In the OG, they only started after a certain number were defeated

I had three after beating my first benevodon, I’m sure I got those two from enemies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Trials of mana had a rock solid foundation (the class change mechanic, the narrative changing depending on the characters, the characters being a lot of fun) that could be updated to modern standards and even then the game play is kinda iffy (you become an unstoppable murder machine after class changing to the third tier)
Legend of dragoon is poopy garbage that aged poorly even before it was released and all it had going on was timed hits and kinda nice graphics for the time

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You can call Flammie from any open area in Sirloin Stockade

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I had berserker Duran running around the stockade and on a goof I started controlling him and I thought he had a one shot skill like Hawkeye but no dude just hit that fucken hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Crunch a bunch of m atk m Def scales against Angela's doppelganger and you're sitting pretty