Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I seem to be unable to get the demo on steam to recognize that I'm using a gamepad. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like Angela and Duran's performances. They're putting in some work.

I wish they had found a better way to translate class change than just saying it directly. Using a game mechanic term in the actual game is always awkward.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going with Angela, Duran, Riesz for my play through. A bit light on healing is possibly a worry if later fights get harder or party AI is bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just finished the postgame boss with (in class 4) magus Angela, liege Duran, and fenrir knight Riesz, and magus Angela just completely shatters the game over her knee on top of being the most fun character to play and having the best VA. Really the highlight of the game. Black rabite was the only real challenge that popped up late game.

All that said, is there anything else to miss? There was a message about beating the post game boss for new skills or something, but if I'm done aside from new game+ then I think it's time to move on to other games in my list.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 20, 2020

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah this is a game that really could have benefitted with more postgame boss challenges, but I get that they did this remake with some spare budget they had laying around

Even with probably limited budget in mind, it's a great game, let alone a great remake.