Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
iirc in the original you seemed basically meant to be set up for your 3rd class by the time you got to the sanctuary of mana, so this change to the seeds (to both make them available later, and, apparently, more random) seems kinda silly and also annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ferrinus posted:

I actually remember the opposite - I think leveling was a bit slower in the original than in the remake, and I seem to remember farming for ??? seeds in the mirage jungle or equivalent post-godbeast areas. Like, the first SNES God-Beast is level 28 and then each one after that is +2 levels, which means that if you're merely keeping on pace with their levels (which I recall having to grind to do - I'd make a point of gaining two levels in each pre-God-Beast zone) which means you're only even getting 38 like four or five God-Beasts in, and the ??? seeds felt like they only started dropping regularly after that point.

I'd probably have to look things up to be sure. but I very distinctly recall doing the class change just before getting the sword of mana. hmmm...

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm misremembering at this point; most likely it's a combo of remembering everything up to getting the Mana Sword (if rather vaguely) and remembering basically nothing after that except doing the class change. I don't recall the plot beats for the part leading up to confronting the Queen of Altena (though the plots not hard to follow or figure out), but I must have gone through it before at some point.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
... man the Crystal Desert is kinda annoying what with all the sand falls. Ended up getting a game over because I got trapped on fast moving sand and couldn't go anywhere, though I probably could've run out of the fight if I'd thought about it. Also the lack of save points basically meant starting the area over which... y'know, not right now.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
All of Angela's outfits are ridiculous, her dark/dark one is also just the most revealing.

Reisz on the other hand mostly has costumes which make "sense" as far as fantasy armor goes, so her dark/dark class kinda stands out due to not having any at all.