Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
In Secret of Mana is it worth grinding out weapon levels or not really if you don't regularly charge to high levels?

I know you're supposed to grind magic, but so far I've also been keeping all weapons up on all three party members, but after level 5 it's taking much longer to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I'm working my way through the Collection of Mana, having finished FFA and SoM. I'm looking to play Trials twice, with both the original version and the remake.

Originally I thought I'd want to play as all six characters, so I was looking to use two different groups of three for playthroughs of the original and the remake. However I've read that Charlotte is largely a redundant character in the original with the availability of Poto Oil. Is that still true in the remake, or does she have increased value there?

I was thinking of playing the original with Hawkeye, Riesz, and Kevin, and the remake with Durian, Angela, and Charlotte. But if it's not worth playing Charlotte at all, I might do the original with Hawkeye, Riesz, and Durian (apparently OP) and the remake with Durain, Angela, and Kevin.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Mr. Locke posted:

I'd probably bring Riesz in the original and Hawkeye and Angela in the remake to get the best representation of each character-.
OK. Looking at it a bit more I might try Kevin, Charlotte, and Riesz in the original and Durian, Angela, and Hawkeye in the remake. I didn't consider the interface issues with item usage in the original that Charlotte effectively solves.

I'll take class path suggestions with those but I feel like that's easier to sort out with an established character lineup.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I recently finished 2D Trials with a party of Kevin, Charlotte, and Riesz. For that I went with Warrior Monk (LD) Kevin pretty much so I could just get Leaf Saber so I could keep MP topped off for the party without having to worry about gold statues or inns after the second class change, which was particularly helpful in the Mirage Palace. In general, I have this irrational aversion to consumables since you have to go out of your way to buy them and while I can do that with things like claws and coins, my issues with oils and walnuts is that you never really know how many of those you're going to end up needing before another opportunity to hit up the market.

I'm starting 3D Trials now with an opposite party of Duran, Angela, and Hawkeye. My first thought here is to go with Edelfrei (DL) Duran so I have Leaf (and Moon) Saber to keep MP topped off the same as before, but I'm not sure if that's a great idea given the rest of the party is magic focused (will enough melee attacks happen to actually recover?) and I go through most of the game relying on poto oil for healing. Alternatively I could go Liege (LD) to tank and have access to healing, but I'm not sure what to do for MP recovery. I'm generally aware that there's more MP recovery options in the remake than Leaf Saber, but I haven't been able to figure out which are available to this party. Any thoughts?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Trials Remake: If the item seed rolls within the consumable item/gear/serum classes occur when you acquire the seeds, what does the level of the pot actually do? Does it just make it more likely to get gear vs. consumable?

Alternatively, if I'm trying to maximize chances for getting class 3 gear I assume I should pick up three ??? seeds from chests ASAP after reaching the holy land without getting any item seeds after that point, and then go back and get as many item seeds as needed to flesh out the gear?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The 1.1.0 update is out. I've been playing Trials all week and the update hit this morning. Since I'm still playing the base game though I haven't noticed any specific changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Shyfted One posted:

but I think I'm going to go with Duran (Edelfrei), Angela (Grand Diviner), and Hawkeye (Ninja Master).
You can do that and that's fine, but you might consider Duran's light path and Liege in particular so you get access to healing magic. The thing about saber spells is that by the time you get them your other two characters have already gone deep into magic attacks so there not much point.