Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm just starting into the Benevodon dungeons, my team is all level 41 to 42 but still in tier 2 classes. I haven't spent any training points in several levels. I assume I'm better off waiting until I promote before I spend them, right?

I only have the one ??? seed from the chest in the moon tower so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Anyone else notice other games crashing on start or failing to start at all after running the Steam version of this game? Rebooting my system fixes it but it's still a pain in the rear end.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

Any advice on making my Kevin/Charlotte/Hawkeye run more fun? I just got the shadow friend and I’m finding the game kinda boring.

Dark Kevin is as simple as ABC.
Always
Be
Class-striking

There are a couple of skills that give you a 10% or 15% refund on your class strikes, and they stack.

His level 1 CS is better for groups of trash mobs than his level 2. Also if you haven't gotten used to his combos, you really should, it's good consistent damage output and it also builds your CS gauge faster.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 28, 2020

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to remember if the original game had roulette traps in chests like Secret of Mana does. I am happy this game does not.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Did you wait until you had six in your inventory before growing them? Or did you do them one at a time?

You apparently can’t get duplicates if you have six in your inventory. But only for ??? seeds I guess.

I think the trick is to grind six ??? seeds before you start turning them in.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Dryad's dance is so cute, omg

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Any idea where the save files are kept for the Steam version? I'm moving my install over to another PC to see if it solves the problems I've been having. Steam doesn't sync the save files, unfortunately.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
And now I found out that a Steam cloud update was pushed out just this morning. Figures.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
First round of NG+ with starting-out Duran and Angela, and level 75 Charlotte. I've just reached the Wind Stone with Duran & Angela at L 34.

I came in with a set of ??? Seeds from the last playthrough, and when I turned them in I got a random selection of items for all three of my current characters. If beating the Gusthall boss gets Duran and Angela to 38 I may see if I can get them to tier 3 right away with the class items I have.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Levantine posted:

What stores sell them? I never saw more than the Gold Shield (I think) in stores.

I guess the seeds just didn't want me Duran-ing as hard as I was.

Valsena sells two common shields and four elemental shields. I actually made a point to go all the way back to Valsena after class-changing at the Wind Crystal but before beating the boss to get Sylph, since if you wait until after you'll have to go through the Ghost Ship and Bucca Island before you can get back there.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Duran's entire motive for starting his adventure his his quest for "Kurassu Chanju!" For him it's some life-changing thing with a cool name. It's like a Tumblr kid glomming on to some term of art and running it into the ground. It's great in how silly it is.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Defiance Industries posted:

The part that makes Nevarl's airship so funny to me isn't even the balloons themselves, it's the way that the ship bounces up and down from them like it's attached by bungie cords.

And it's faithful to the source material.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Huh. After finding my way through the Jungle of Visions maze randomly I looked up how to do it and I did exactly that on a whim.
"Gotta pick some direction... I'll just keep following the rabites."

That's what I figure the rabite statue at the entrance meant.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have LDL Duran, DDD Angela, and DDD Charlotte all at L99 and I'm trying to finish the <2 minute Anise challenge. My best time so far is about 2:15. Any advice?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Got it done by maining Angela. She doesn't have Lucent Beam but I was able to make do with her non-elemental super spell. Thanks for the advice.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shoenin posted:

The way I see it its 3 to 1 for every pair.

Duran, Charlotte, and Riesz have something to do with all 3 of the baddies. Duran and Charlotte is a familial vendetta with the mastermind, and Riesz is essentially an angry mom with a dough roller ready to beat some kidnapper rear end.
Hawkeye, Angela and Kevin have gently caress all to do with the masterminds aside them being the motives for their suffering, and they couldn't give 2 shits about the muscle(lets just assume Heath is the muscle).

Hawkeye, Angela, and Kevin get to see their people turned into an expendable army for the bad guy. Presumably they're fighting to have something left at the end of it all.

That Kevin's "people" are as a whole unlikable antagonistic douchebags is neither here nor there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Before starting my second NG+ I did a quick lap through the Stockade with a bunch of item drop bonuses to farm up a bunch of Rainbow and ??? seeds. Then after reaching the Windstone for the first time I fell back to Palo to plant the ??? seeds to get the class change items. Hawkeye and Duran were L75 coming into this run, Riesz is the only one starting fresh and she's at L32 at this point, the boss fight will probably get her to L38. Before the prologue was over I fed her all the stat-up elixirs I hadn't used from the first two runs so she was already hitting well over her weight class from the very beginning.