Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

man, I forgot how much fun SD3 is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

SettingSun posted:

I think it's also a function of your level. Also you can try to get lucky and just comb the dungeons for the guaranteed ??? seeds. I've never really felt the need to grind for them though since you don't lose anything by waiting to change, except perhaps your combat effectiveness.

yeah, just make sure you save before opening chests and once you've identified the chest with the ??? seed in a given dungeon it's typically pretty easy to grab it, magic rope out, and then summon flammie and go check it at the entrance to the mana holy land

if you get a seed that you don't want/need just keep reloading until you do

this is kind of obnoxious but imo is generally going to be faster than grinding and lets you fully class change your team before you fight the third benevodon

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Erpy posted:

From what I've heard, that one's a bust. What the ???-seed grows into is determined upon opening the chest, not growing the seed.

correct

that's why you save before you open the chest so that you can reload -> re-open chest for a re-rolled seed -> magic rope out -> check seed