Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the out-of-tune guitar just kills me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Loden Taylor posted:

It's so awful. That's got to be due to a bad digital recording from the vinyl. A warped record or just a lovely record player.

Although with lyrics like "my mom was Humpty Dumpty, my dad was Dracula," maybe the original really was that out of tune and the recording engineer was just "gently caress it, whatever, sounds great."
it's a parody

the out of tune guitar is just my favorite part because it makes the whole thing sound slightly demented, in the same way the lyrics are just a slightly more demented version of the kind of songs it's parodying ("ooh baby" -> "ooh toddler", nonsensical 1950's courting talk -> "I'm yelling at you! I am the big weird man!")

that said, it is not surprising at all that people accept it as a real big bopper song

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Loden Taylor posted:

Yeah, that went right over my head.

I'd feel embarrassed, but in my mind the 50's has always been the "just say whatever over a blues progression" decade.
yeah real big bopper songs are not better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSRYTqkIh_I
"oh the first time I saw this purty little miss / she used to charge me a dollar a kiss / I bring all my money in a pipe sack / now my baby say 'here your money back!' ahahahahahaha!"
"I go a ringadingadinga, where my honeybun? "
"I wanna put her in my pocket like a kangaroo do / in a pink petticoat and a ballerina shoe / now everybody! have a fit!"

he sounds like a maniac, I'm glad that he's dead