Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Has anyone determined whether or not there really is a fifth character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I finished my first run of this missing a single heart piece and so far I've wasted four hours trying to figure out what I could have missed.

Edit: I guess that I shouldn't assume it's even possible to get 100% items on every run. Some of those heart pieces came from shops, so maybe there's randomness to that too.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jun 15, 2019

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RyokoTK posted:

Permadeath mode seems to have a higher base level of difficulty than regular, or maybe it's the difference between story and single-character. The shops are twice as expensive and late-game palette swaps were spawning right from the start.

I got a couple of hours into a run today and It also has pallete swapped tougher versions of the bosses. Hopefully they add a way to play with all of that stuff in regular story mode as a middle ground difficulty.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Deviant posted:

I have murdered every miniboss on the map repeatedly. The ones you see on my map have respawned. And I cleared both bomchu/arrow until they gave me 50 rupees instead of items.

Items that are inside the dungeons won't show up on the overworld map, so maybe double check those if you really want to. That said, I drove myself up the wall for hours looking a few missing things and it seems like it's possible that not every seed ends up with 100% of the items.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Deviant posted:

also my buddy got this fuckin setup which we're pretty sure is impossible

Okay, I just ran into a similar setup and discovered that the Power Glove is capable of throwing pushblocks up to areas higher than your current elevation. I suspect that it'd also be possible to lure an enemy up there and Rito Feather off their head.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Confirmed that the second method does work, and probably lets you really cheese some puzzles. Lure an enemy near where you need them, stun them and push them into position with the hookshot, then use the feather to bounce off their head onto a higher platform.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I think it's working as intended. I upgraded one of my spears to emerald and then later found a second one in a chest, but I was allowed to turn one of them into obsidian and have one of each.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

:doh: So many times while playing, I thought that it made so little sense that they made you waste an inventory button on the lute instead of just letting letting you warp from the regular map after you got it. It never occurred to me that I should actually try doing it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Is there any advantage to playing as a character other than Zelda? She gets a shield that's omnidirectional and can reflect melee damage, with no apparent downsides.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

It costs stamina to use

I was going to say that Link's shield burns stamina too, but I didn't notice how much lower the usage was. That explains it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Are you sure? I've played multiple runs and the other two were basically in the same place

For example, each time one has been in the beach house where the manta ray sells the snorkel

It feels like some stuff is heavily weighted to be in the same place but still not guaranteed. I've seen lots of people say that you get the flippers from the Zora Prince as if it were a certainty, but I didn't have that happen until my third run.