Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Doggles posted:

Goon game show project update.

Finished the three score displays I'll need, and this past weekend I built the rudimentary framework they'll stand on. Today I put them all together and it actually stands up on its own without falling over!

Front view:

Back view:

Disassembled for storage/transport:

That gap in the center is where a projector screen will go. The shelves to the left and right of the top score display are where I'm thinking I'll put speakers. The whole thing will stand up on a couple of banquet tables. That'd place the side displays at around the height that the top display is currently (the top of that comes to about 5 1/2 feet tall). The top display would end up being above head level at that point.

Next up: Start learning how to create and display a custom Family Feud game board through a projector connected to a Raspberry Pi, figure out how I'm going to wire and distribute power and communication between all the microcontrollers I'll use (1 Arduino for each score display, 1 Raspberry Pi to send graphics to the projector, and probably 1 more Raspberry Pi for a control box), and design, build, and wire a control box with pushbuttons to command the overall set. So yeah, I'm totally on the final stretch... :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am so loving jealous of you right now doggles

Also: HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1425245626477039624?s=19

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 11, 2021

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

^^^:tipshat:

Island Nation posted:

I complained about this in the Jeopardy thread but who decided to make College Bowl the Hee Haw Comedy Hour?

Robnoxious posted:

Yeah, the banter between Peyton and his brother is forced and pointless.

Oooof, I'm finally watching this for the first time and it's worse than I thought!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I am so loving jealous of you right now doggles

Also: HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1425245626477039624?s=19
I wonder how many episodes still exist considering it hasn't seen the light of day since it first aired?
I figured Whew! was lost in an era of reusing videotape

**Smash Cut to doing a bare minimum of research**

According to Wiki, Burt Sugarman has all the master tapes.
That's pretty cool.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robnoxious posted:

I wonder how many episodes still exist considering it hasn't seen the light of day since it first aired?
I figured Whew! was lost in an era of reusing videotape

**Smash Cut to doing a bare minimum of research**

According to Wiki, Burt Sugarman has all the master tapes.
That's pretty cool.

wink martindale has been pushing hard for whew for some reason. i know he signed an option to do a new celebrity sweepstakes but lord that was years ago.

EDIT: oh that's why

quote:

Thankfully for fans, some of the folks who still remember Whew! include Buzzr general manager Mark Deetjen, who has made unearthing “lost” game shows part of the mandate at the Fremantle-owned network. Over the years, staffers at Buzzr have also suggested Whew! to Deetjen as have some of the network’s viewers. “Every once in a while, we’d see fans on social media say, ‘Hey, have you guys ever thought about Whew!?’,” Deetjen says. (Full disclosure: Your correspondent is one such viewer.) But according to Deetjen, it was a “chance meeting” with gameshow producer and judge John Ricci Jr. (The $100,000 Pyramid) which helped turn those internal discussions into a concerted effort to get Whew! on Buzzr. Turns out Ricci Jr. and gameshow hosting legend Wink Martindale (Tic Tac Dough) had signed on to represent series creator Jay Wolpert and producer Burt Sugarman (The Midnight Special), who still control rights to the original episodes and were trying to get them back in front of viewers. “This is a show that had been sitting on the shelf, and it fit what we needed,” Deetjen says. “It was an opportunity for us to bring back a show that’s kind of a cult classic that really fits with kind of the Buzzr mantra of, “Hey, we’re not going to just give you everything that you think you’re going to get.’…We were able to strike a very good agreement.”

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 12, 2021

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I'm shocked there's no discussion thread or chatter about FBOY ISLAND, which four episodes in has been so much more incredible than it has any right to be.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i did this in the jeopardy thread, but i thought i would start showing off international versions of game shows. to start, here's a crosspost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvbExEWrXT4

italy's version got a revival in the 90s, notable for the host catching one of the contestants trying to sneak notes in her blouse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wfg95vVdTk

(the italian and german versions are also worth pointing out for going with a double-or-nothing question on a specialty category instead of final jeopardy -- der grosse preis had contestants bringing an expert on their chosen subject to adjudicate for the final)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyQa6e1FNmI

also, japan's version ("quiz grand prix") started out with a fifteen-minute run time and had five players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYsehoK6BPY

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I'm shocked there's no discussion thread or chatter about FBOY ISLAND, which four episodes in has been so much more incredible than it has any right to be.

a name like fboy island wasn't the best initial draw for me, but i'll have to check it out.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1432738839957696515

:frogout:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a reminder, a one-season game show that hardly anyone has ever heard of that also has captured the hearts of a lot of game show nerds is now on tv again for the first time in 42 years and I think that's just great.

http://buzzrplay.com/watch

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

speaking of buzzr, they just started showing million dollar password, and it's one of the most uninteresting shows I've seen in a dog's age

it's not even really password, it's pyramid with who wants to be a millionaire on the back half

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, Million Dollar Password is not good. It's exactly what How I Met Your Mother was parodying with Million Dollar Heads or Tails (with Regis as the host no less.)

Who Wants to Be A Millionaire has a lot to answer for.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Oh God, I still have nightmares from the five seconds I saw of that series premiere. Totally agree about Millionaire screwing everything up.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Here's a list of Dancing with the Stars names:
code:
   Country singer Jimmie Allen
    Spice Girls member Mel C
    "Bling Empire" cast member Christine Chiu
    Actress Melora Hardin
    YouTuber Olivia Jade Giannulli
    "The Bachelor" star Matt James
    "The Talk" co-host Amanda Kloots
    Actor Martin Kove
    Olympic medalist Suni Lee
    Professional wrestler and reality star Mike "The Miz" Mizanin
    "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member Kenya Moore
    Peloton instructor Cody Rigsby
    Actor Brian Austin Green
    Singer and YouTube personality JoJo Siwa
    Professional basketball player and reality star Iman Shumpert  

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

"Peloton instructor"

:chloe:

I was going to joke about whether that's more or less of a star than "Youtuber." Then I looked up who the Youtuber is and it's Lori Loughlin's daughter, who scammed her way in to college. She has nearly 2 million subscribers.

:negative:

EDIT: Maybe Mike Richards will be on next season. His schedule's freed up! :haw:

Doggles fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 8, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Doggles posted:

"Peloton instructor"

:chloe:

I was going to joke about whether that's more or less of a star than "Youtuber." Then I looked up who the Youtuber is and it's Lori Loughlin's daughter, who scammed her way in to college. She has nearly 2 million subscribers.

:negative:

EDIT: Maybe Mike Richards will be on next season. His schedule's freed up! :haw:

To be mildly fair to the rich girl, I don’t think she was the one actually pushing the scam, that was all her mom hiring/bribing everyone between her daughter and USC

I imagine if it was up to her, Olivia would have just jumped right into the lucrative world of Rich People on Insta

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Hell with it, push Olivia into the "my most difficult moment" week; I need an interpretive dance based on Crew set to Jailhouse Rock.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

As a reminder, a one-season game show that hardly anyone has ever heard of that also has captured the hearts of a lot of game show nerds is now on tv again for the first time in 42 years and I think that's just great.

http://buzzrplay.com/watch
I am someone who remembers that one season gameshow no one has heard of.
I remember when it went "Celebrity" like many game show from that era went in a last ditch effort to save it.
Could Hitman or Break The Bank follow?

That being said, who do I gotta jack-off to have Geoff Edward's Treasure Hunt to see the light of day again?
Maybe it's the fogging of the nostalgia glasses over the years but I seem to remember Geoff sadistically stringing housewives around for 20 minutes just to discover they won a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 10, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm watching Whew! every day it's like I'm four years old again... :allears:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Presenting the dumbest goddamned blooper I've seen so far on Whew! and I can't stop laughing at it:

Robnoxious posted:

I am someone who remembers that one season gameshow no one has heard of.
I remember when it went "Celebrity" like many game show from that era went in a last ditch effort to save it.
Could Hitman or Break The Bank follow?

Probably not hit man, they only got clearance for single-use for the photos they ran during the briefings. BtB (I'm assuming you're talking about B&E's Hollywood Battleship and not the goofy stunt show that Gene Rayburn left part of the way through) could be, tho.

quote:

That being said, who do I gotta jack-off to have Geoff Edward's Treasure Hunt to see the light of day again?
Maybe it's the fogging of the nostalgia glasses over the years but I seem to remember Geoff sadistically stringing housewives around for 20 minutes just to discover they won a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

Again, it's down to clearances. Supposedly one of the music cues (and not the Glenn Campbell cover) is the reason why.

But I will wholeheartedly concur about (The New) Treasure Hunt.

For the uninitiated, imagine let's make a deal and their whole "money or the box" scenario, but no matter how the contestant decides, they play out a little sketch involving the production staff. That sketch also manages to drag the contestant through seven shades of hell in the process. False reveals that go from valuable prizes to 'klunks' (their version of a zonk. Retail value: $4.23) to a Rolls Royce only to award a roll of toilet paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OWkkXU1d98

Mike Wallace interviewed Chuck Barris on 60 minutes over the show because there was some pearlclutching over how much they hosed with the contestants. Barris being Barris, though, thought it was great for business.

Geoff Edwards, the host, was getting sick of it. After a production meeting in which they proposed revealing a sports car but intending on the windshield wiper to be the actual prize, Geoff decided he had enough, and Chuck decided he had better irons in the fire.

It was revived for syndication in the early 80s, but by this point Chuck Barris was producer in name only. Some of those shows are okay, but they pale in comparison to when it was the new treasure hunt (the old treasure hunt was a Jan Murray vehicle back in the fifties)

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 14, 2021

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will never get tired of telling people about the fact that Geoff Edwards was an eyewitness to the shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hey, they got to Randy Amasia's first episode today.

Chatting with him was one of the high points for this dipshit hick in the middle of nowhere, just because we'd quip back and forth about current events, the weather, whatever. Well, I'd attempt to quip; he'd regularly outclass me.

Somehow the subject of Judaism came up in one of our conversations. He mentioned that he wasn't a practicing Jew, adding "last I checked, cock isn't kosher."

"I guess that's why they call it porkin', dude."

He congratulated me.

:sigh: I miss my buddy.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 18, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Boo for the Whew episode skip, I wanted to see Randy's run.

But what a great ep today.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

I have returned friends, I know some of you have missed me. Let's just say, I've been a bit busy with a few things. (Moderating a Discord, Taking Care of Personal Things, Etc.)

SO ANYWAY, HERES SOME STUFF FOR YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucNHDExBGI

Aging Millennials Are Contestants on the reboot of LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE and there's a trailer of the new olmec.

https://twitter.com/SuperSweepABC/status/1440723283138146312

Season 2 of Supermarket Sweep with Leslie Jones is coming up THIS SUNDAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vBc4CNC4Rw

The Hustler is still a very dramatic game show, but mostly for those closing minutes with Craig Ferguson unsure about what to do.

OBVIOUSLY THE JEOPARDY THING, but there's the Jeopardy thread and I am sure everybody just has takes about Mayim and the streak of Matt Amodio and more...

WHEEL OF FORTUNE changed it's theme, people are weirded out by it, I think the getting rid of Free Play would've been a major deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YUkBZK9ThM

The Price is Right has a new pricing game that's Cliff Hangers but with 1972 items

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQVBOTlxc3o

The Price is Right also has a new game that's Penny Ante but with a weird prize ladder called TO THE PENNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7CNldc_Utc

Frogger is now a game show on Peacock, It's actually not that bad for a show that knows it's a "people fall in the water" show, by putting it in a really cool high tech set with water and light screens and cool arcade grids and 16 bit graphics packages (I like it exactly the same as Holey Moley)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLjve0hNwac

And JAY LENO is back with the reboot of YOU BET YOUR LIFE, and they are putting those episodes out online, and even on YouTube, it seems nobody is watching them?

Don't people know what an "iconic" game show looks like?!?!

And finally two pieces of news The former showrunner for Wheel and Jeopardy is teaming with the team behind "College Bowl" to make a reboot pilot of "Tic Tac Dough" with Tom Bergeron

and The composer behind the iconic "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" soundtrack passed away this week at the age of 50

That's all the news I got, hope everybody is enjoying the WHEW!

EDIT:

really wanted to chime in on this post

hexwren posted:

speaking of buzzr, they just started showing million dollar password, and it's one of the most uninteresting shows I've seen in a dog's age

it's not even really password, it's pyramid with who wants to be a millionaire on the back half

The 2000s was not really the best year for game shows, because it either had to be a reality show, or it had to be million dollar rock paper scissors, and password was one of those shows, I found it completely boring and thought nobody would ever win the million or come close, which ruins any interest of throwing a big money amount on there.

I think these days, they would probably go for a more "pyramid" style approach, and just have it be the original version of the game show from the Ludden era (10 points to 9 to 8...) and have it be "The first to 25 plays for $25,000" with that speed round at $1,000 each and then to make it somewhat of a bonus round a "Cash Word" final with a challenging word at 3 clues for 5 times the amount., and then just ping-pong back and forth with the contestant rotation until time runs out.

Because a somewhat dramatic final round where a guy has to figure out how to get "Telepathy" in 3 clues with the dramatic light, instead of just a weird speed round where that's only going to be used in the $250,000 round and then once they screw up, the round is over, would make the game play go WAY FASTER

Plus, modern day words could work - i think that's what Fallon does when they try and do the bit.

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 23, 2021

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Welcome back TI! I saw five minutes of You Bet Your Life and that poo poo is dire. The pandemic does not help it at all. Maybe we can resurrect Groucho Marx? There's something about the recent syndicated strip shows (50 words or less, Jerry O'Connell's dictionary, YBYL) that gets them shoved onto myNetwork at 2am to die after a season.

Anyway have a pilot for Match Game 08, where Super Dave Osborne sounds like he really did all those stunts over the years and Norm is Norm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g313QqNJU6M

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"you know what the world needs more of on TV? Jay Leno." --no desireable demographic for the past 20yrs now

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 27, 2021

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

looks like they added a few new things on supermarket sweep, from the coffee returning for $300
to a "look in the barrel for a token" for $300
to a "put the apples to total this much" for $300
and now things like the teddy bears and grill are considered a bonus of $250 (even though i thought those were merch for the cart and was "limit 1" like the wheel of cheese)

also, you bet your life is probably the most life sucking game show i have seen in quite a while, everything about it, just feels hollow, like nobody wants to be there, and the grand prize of $5,000 (split 2 ways) is laughably terrible

first question worth $250 then $500 then $750 then $1000 and the fifth question is double or nothing.

at least with cash cab, theres soundtrack, theres sights of new york, the questions feel like you could play-along with, i have no idea what to feel watching this show other than DOOT-DOOT-DOO, DOOT-DOOT-DOO

but on the positive side, jeopardy is going strong, and wheel of fortune has a better theme song somewhat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjfJezHstm8

also killer camp season two, i didn't expect it happening, but here we are!

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

now, I am well aware that reality shows simply aren't .... but what the gently caress is this poo poo:

after Cindy's shot, Rachel's ball is clearly not a clean shot over the hump:

as Rachel made her shot, it was perfectly lined up with the hump and was a straight shot:

especially seeing as she won the whole thing

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I have no idea what happened there, looks like Course Marshall Joe (who might also be the Challenge Producer) made a call or something happened and they had to redo the shot (and she had to putt twice?)

Also, Supermarket Sweep changed it's bonus round, 90 seconds to go up the prize tree 5k/10k/25k/50k/100k

And I am not really liking this season so far compared to season one, partially, Leslie doesn't really do much in the sweep now, and there's now PAINFULLY OBVIOUS edits in the mini sweep and big sweep and super sweep.

2:00 suddenly became final 15 really fast.

And BUZZERBLOG got the look at Legends

https://www.buzzerblog.com/2021/10/02/first-impressions-legends-of-the-hidden-temple/

From the sounds of things, it's an hour long game show (no "two halfs" with the temple run being $1,000 if you win the game, $10,000 if you get the Artifact and $25,000 if you get out of the temple on time.

https://youtu.be/FTehS9avzFs

And also, CBS recently did a two hour special celebrating 50 years of The Price is Right

And, finally...

https://twitter.com/VictoriaCoren/status/1445102646277419012?s=19

It's a taskmaster task wasn't it?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Interesting tidbit from the TTD revival -- NBC is trying to shop it around with a revival of Concentration. Which makes sense cause they own both formats outright as part of buying out Barry & Enright after the quiz scandals.

https://twitter.com/buzzerblog/status/1381113042361069568?s=19

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 5, 2021

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Interesting tidbit from the TTD revival -- NBC is trying to shop it around with a revival of Concentration. Which makes sense cause they own both formats outright as part of buying out Barry & Enright after the quiz scandals.

https://twitter.com/buzzerblog/status/1381113042361069568?s=19
How does that explain Snoop Dogg's short-lived revival of "The Joker's Wild" on Turner Network?
That was a B&E product.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the important thing about both of those is that they're pushing them to an hour and if you look at the descriptions, they're adding some wacky goddamn stuff to the format

so it's probably going to be like the new press your luck: a pretty good revival of the basic game but with the back half being boring bullshit

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Concentration from your mom's basement, I can't wait to see Jane Lynch crap all over the setting.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robnoxious posted:

How does that explain Snoop Dogg's short-lived revival of "The Joker's Wild" on Turner Network?
That was a B&E product.

developed long after b&e's exile from american tv. nbc may own the format of TTD, but sony pictures entertainment owns the tapes. like how the format to bill cullen's $50k pyramid is owned by sony as part of the bob stewart library, but viacom/mtv/whatev owns the tapes on that one. with the joker's wild, format and tapes are SPE's IP.

(i still think there's potential in a fish-out-of-water comedy series set around dan enright's canadian years)

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 5, 2021

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does it make sense? Of course not. "Intellectual Property" with a non-existent expiration date is a very convenient legal fiction for extracting every last drop of blood from a franchise and Disney needs to be burned to the ground for their role in perpetuating the bullshit, but that's the state of play on the business side of things.

Don't know how much of a pain in the rear end it was for Fremantle to negotiate the Hollywood Squares rights in order to even air MG/HS Hour but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as simple as calling up whoever owns what used to be Orion pictures.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, as someone who loves seeing other perspectives (particularly those who aren't as nerdy about game shows as I am about them ) I came across this as I was looking through iceberg meme explainers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCr59fyCPXE

a few minor inaccuracies but generally i thought it was a very good work.

(incidentally: Jay Wolpert (Whew!) wrote for Joe Garigola's Memory Game, and he thought the greatest question he ever wrote was from that show: In Shakespeare’s “Hamlet,” Claudius kills the old king and marries his wife, Gertrude. Gertrude’s son, Hamlet, is killed by Laertes, but not before Hamlet kills Laertes, kills Claudius and the Queen drinks poison. Spell Ophelia.)

EDIT: like i said, the dude's a grade-a shitposter:

Jay Wolpert posted:

“Did you know I was the 1969 ‘Jeopardy!’ world champion?” he asks. “ ‘Hello’ is usually the second thing I say to you when I meet you. The first thing I usually say is, ‘I’m the 1969 ‘Jeopardy!’ world champion.’ ”

nice

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 7, 2021

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Ooof.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1447596555452784641

I was one of them at least. It's not bad, but I wouldn't say it's good either. It's an hour-long show, but with this grown-up format there's too much content for a half hour, but not enough to stretch out into a full hour. So the show just kind of meanders and tries to build up too much suspense and tension around what should be quick whimsical challenges. And none of it is really compelling to watch except for the temple run. I'm loving what they did with the new temple, but the team only gets four minutes to run it and there's a commercial break in the middle of the run! :shepicide:

It's like the producers saw just how good the Supermarket Sweep remake is, and decided to take the complete opposite lessons from that.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Doggles posted:

Ooof.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1447596555452784641

I was one of them at least. It's not bad, but I wouldn't say it's good either. It's an hour-long show...

It's like the producers saw just how good the Supermarket Sweep remake is, and decided to take the complete opposite lessons from that.
There's the rub, Supermarket Sweep still keeps it to a tight half hour format and just runs double episodes for the hour.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
READ ANOTHER BOOK, but written in Jeopardy! font:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2laloUUL6hw

Hopefully they get real money when they win and not obscure movie props.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But how else did u think Nick got all those tax write-offs for giving out props on figure it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the thing that bugs me about this lost media video guy is that in like half these instances so far, he's said something exists and then not shown or played any of it. he's not against talking over a still image, why not play a couple seconds of these audio recordings that some other guy on youtube apparently found? why not play a few seconds of a Jackpot game from one of the later runs, which I imagine look about the same? additionally, why not explain to the audience some of the differences to these shows, like the difference between a network and a syndicated run of a show

like, yeah, I get that this is a long goddamn video already, but if I wanted the first three sentences of a wikipedia article read to me in a breathless monotone, I'd go to wikipedia and turn on text-to-speech at top speed

e: "a man named wink martindale"

what the christ