Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alec Baldwin left his blanks at Match Game, making him only the second game show personality with a body count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Alec Baldwin left his blanks at Match Game, making him only the second game show personality with a body count.

I'd assume he'd kill someone at some point but not accidentally.

Isn’t he the third host at least though? Unless Battle of the Network Stars II or The Apprentice don't count.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Island Nation posted:

I'd assume he'd kill someone at some point but not accidentally.

Isn’t he the third host at least though? Unless Battle of the Network Stars II or The Apprentice don't count.

Wait, I'm talking about homicide here, not war crimes

The other person I was thinking of was Arlene Francis (2 deaths --one of them involving a dumbbell falling off a balcony and stoving in a dude's head, the other a car accident) -- who else were you thinking of?

in an attempt to lighten the mood of this post, here's the first episode of one of bob stewart's many flops in the 1970s: Blankety Blanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIQ0lNJnT8

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 28, 2021

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Wait, I'm talking about homicide here, not war crimes

The other person I was thinking of was Arlene Francis (2 deaths --one of them involving a dumbbell falling off a balcony and stoving in a dude's head, the other a car accident) -- who else were you thinking of?

Bruce Jenner (vehicular manslaughter) and OJ Simpson (everyone knows) who cohosted Battle II alongside Cosell.

Didn't know that about Francis. I do know about crashing a car on Northern State but not hitting or being hit by anyone there.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Brocklesnitch/status/1455351345993502720

:pusheen:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1460706892167192583

Also, I skipped a few weeks of the new Legends of the Hidden Temple, but happened to catch this past Sunday's. That one was actually really good. The two teams that made it to the temple games just fully embraced the silliness of the situation and started roleplaying along with the games giving them a much needed energy. The hour-long format is still a drag, but the casting of those two teams was spot on for what the show needs to be entertaining.

Supermarket Sweep remains an absolute joy to watch.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1466490971999268864

First time I've heard of this. Looks like it'll be a sort of game show game streaming service, hopefully similar to the Jackbox Games.

http://www.gamestarplus.com/

They have a lot more details on their crowdfunding site:
https://wefunder.com/gamestar

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Masked Singer s7 started taping out with a bang:

Rudy Giuliani gets eliminated first, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke walk off set: https://deadline.com/2022/02/rudy-giuliani-the-masked-singer-contestant-judge-ken-jeong-robin-thicke-walk-off-in-protest-1234925291/

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i love that the only comment on the article is someone marked anonymous saying, simply,

"What?"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m gonna be honest, I expected less from Robin Thicke and more from Nicole Scherzinger

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Masked Singer s7 started taping out with a bang:

Rudy Giuliani gets eliminated first, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke walk off set: https://deadline.com/2022/02/rudy-giuliani-the-masked-singer-contestant-judge-ken-jeong-robin-thicke-walk-off-in-protest-1234925291/

Welp, guess I'll skip the S7 thread then, or at least use it to talk other interesting versions of the show. At least there are other international versions, though I thought the Italian version casting Alessandra Mussolini as a contestant was the nadir.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m gonna be honest, I expected less from Robin Thicke and more from Nicole Scherzinger

I mean...what does walking off do? Are they threatening to leave the show or did they just walk away after the guy already got taped on TV and now gave Fox a great promo for the season premiere?

Basically this is 100% exactly what I expect from all parties, Fox being sleezy enough to use 'lol what if we got this person for a cheap shock' and the celeb side being performatively offended but not enough to actually DO anything.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Don't want to spoil too much, but I hear one of the other contestants this season sure does love his pudding pops :imunfunny:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

I mean...what does walking off do? Are they threatening to leave the show or did they just walk away after the guy already got taped on TV and now gave Fox a great promo for the season premiere?

Basically this is 100% exactly what I expect from all parties, Fox being sleezy enough to use 'lol what if we got this person for a cheap shock' and the celeb side being performatively offended but not enough to actually DO anything.

It's only the first episode so we'll see how much teeth there is. We still don't know what costume he's in! :shrek:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Over in Wheel of Fortune land, they've given away nearly $400k in three days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFIB5H8nCE

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey so y'all remember when wordle used to be on TV and they called it lingo?

cbs just placed an order for a lingo revival, rupaul will both host and produce. balls jokes not included.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

balls jokes not included.
Literally not included, because it’s based on the current UK version which has no bingo element

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emgeejay posted:

Literally not included, because it’s based on the current UK version which has no bingo element

Well what's the fuckin point then?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

emgeejay posted:

ah yes, lingo, but with no bingo, I love L

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Well what's the fuckin point then?

Word games are their own fun? I checked out an episode of the current UK version and it wasn't bad, it didn't have the "let's stretch this out to an hour" effect like a lot of UK game shows.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Love Is Blind is back and its drat good for those who like this kind of stuff

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Love Is Blind is back and its drat good for those who like this kind of stuff

One guy on here, Shane, is pretty much a nonironic, more intense version of Andy from The Office. I can't stand him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

JerikTelorian posted:

One guy on here, Shane, is pretty much a nonironic, more intense version of Andy from The Office. I can't stand him.

Yup, also gaslights the poo poo out of every female he talks to.

Shaina and Kyle are going to crash and burn so bad just on relgion alone. Cant wait till he meets her family and she meets his.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Part of the charm of Match Game '76, and by extension Family Feud, are the times when they have some real dingbats in the audience. Case in point:

It doesn't have to be accurate, it just has to be popular.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Part of the charm of Match Game '76, and by extension Family Feud, are the times when they have some real dingbats in the audience. Case in point:

It doesn't have to be accurate, it just has to be popular.

Alright, I give up. Who's the '70's B-lister under the $500 answer?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Alright, I give up. Who's the '70's B-lister under the $500 answer?

It's Marty Allen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29KDYkVnErA

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's that. I was trying to get all cute and upload of picture of him but ADHD meant I got sidetracked on something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxt4joRvHo

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 25, 2022

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I'm sad I missed this as it aired.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1498823694269001728

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Hold on to your butts, tonight's the night:

Edit: video went private, and Fox lied to us

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 18, 2022

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hold on to your butts, tonight's the night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33k07HXGflY
Blocked in my country. The night for what?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It's probably Masked Singer showing Giuliani

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Island Nation posted:

It's probably Masked Singer showing Giuliani

Not tonight apparently, it was Joe Buck getting unmasked.

I'm sure we will know when that happens.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"this video is private"

come on, sea bass

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

hexwren posted:

"this video is private"

come on, sea bass

Well that bites, it was a commercial teased Rudy's elimination in the masked singer.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

You know how the celebrity version of Wheel of Fortune kind of livens up an otherwise well-worn formula? Well the celebrity version of Name that Tune is basically the opposite of that. It's like watching an episode of Jeopardy where the majority of clues are triple stumpers. Excruciating to watch and really confounding that Fox decided to air it. :shepicide:

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Doggles posted:

You know how the celebrity version of Wheel of Fortune kind of livens up an otherwise well-worn formula? Well the celebrity version of Name that Tune is basically the opposite of that. It's like watching an episode of Jeopardy where the majority of clues are triple stumpers. Excruciating to watch and really confounding that Fox decided to air it. :shepicide:

The latest episode was awful!

Laurie Hernandez rocked it in her episode though.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news.

About two weeks ago, ABC cut four games from their schedule: celebrity dating game (never was my thing but the basic idea was around since the 50s when Arlene Francis hosted Blind Date), match game (not on account of Baldwin, the most recent season was shows that were a year+ old, ABC was heading for this), card sharks (eh), and the hustler.

I'm genuinely bummed by the hustler getting axed, but poo poo is what it is.

Also, RIP Gottfried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-3QDQGmHo

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 17, 2022

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Bummer about The Hustler, I thought it was a done deal since they were even casting Hustlers for it. Shame.

Rat in the Kitchen is kind of a spiritual successor at least. I'm enjoying it.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Masked Singer: Gee. I wonder who this could be...

They even had a Four Seasons clue that seals it up.

This is exactly why I didn't make a thread for the show this season. Might be time for them to cool it and make this a less frequent thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Bummer about The Hustler, I thought it was a done deal since they were even casting Hustlers for it. Shame.

Rat in the Kitchen is kind of a spiritual successor at least. I'm enjoying it.

It's half decent, though it feels like I can pick out the Rat easily.

somekindofguy posted:

Masked Singer: Gee. I wonder who this could be...

They even had a Four Seasons clue that seals it up.

This is exactly why I didn't make a thread for the show this season. Might be time for them to cool it and make this a less frequent thing.

Can't wait to see this be a total non-event tomorrow. Wonder if it will join Dancing with the Stars as a streaming-only show soon.