Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Knyteguy posted:

What should we do with our lease, then? It's still unsigned. We can do 6 months or 12 months. Rent goes up significantly ($160/mo) without a lease.

How is this a question I thought you decided to stay until next summer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Raldikuk posted:

How is this a question I thought you decided to stay until next summer?

I've been flip flopping pretty hard. But like mentioned, one of our goals isn't moving into a nicer apartment right now. That gave my wife and me some perspective last night.

So yeah we'll be signing another 12 mo lease.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I can't wait for the mental gymnastics you'll go through to justify breaking your lease. I give it 4 months.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
I was banned for posting about hot sauce and I'm not paying :10bux: right now.

Still in the apt. I swear n8r you gotta work on the bets buddy - Vegas would eat you alive.

Update:

When thread started:

quote:

La numeros de los "debt":
Truck - $45,341.66 @ 5.62%
RV - $19,394.64 @ 17.75% (ouch)
Student Loan 1 - $1,836.01 @ 6.55%
Student Loan 2 - $1,338.46 @ 3.15%
Credit Cards - ~$2,600 @ var%

Now:
Truck - $0
RV - $0
Car - $19,250 @ 4.99% (2016 Impreza 5dr)
Credit Cards - $0
Student Loans - $3,692

Debt:
Then: $70,510
Now: $22,942

Difference:
-$47,568 in debt gone since the start of the thread. Roughly $840/mo less in payments not including cheaper insurance/registration/etc from the RV and truck compared to our current situation.

Despite the snark cheers dudes. I'd be lying if I said this thread hasn't helped us get to this point.

Now to get the car paid off and we're done with a 10 year loving endeavor. See y'all in some months again when I have something notable to say again.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Did you take out additional student loans or what because them numbers don’t line up

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Correct me if I’m wrong US auto goons, but surely there are plenty of perfectly good small family cars available for sub-15k, instead of that 20k used boy-racer-mobile?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It's a lot of money to be paying on an Impreza considering the absolute most money you can spend on a five door Impreza in 2020 is $26K, but I am pretty sure it is not a WRX since he said five door and the WRX is sedan only since the most recent generation.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I dont think Knyt is in the northeast but in the northeast Subaru prices are stupid for used. Like you save ~1k per year by going used over new, at least that was my experience when I was looking for cars about 4ish years ago.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

tater_salad posted:

I dont think Knyt is in the northeast but in the northeast Subaru prices are stupid for used. Like you save ~1k per year by going used over new, at least that was my experience when I was looking for cars about 4ish years ago.

you can buy a brand new impreza five door for less than he owes on a four year old one though

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you can buy a brand new impreza five door for less than he owes on a four year old one though

a new 5 door is 19,300 MSRP, deduct any rebates and negotiation.. add sales tax, tags, etc.. Possibly rolled some of that truck equity into the vehilcle as well.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I don’t know anything about used truck value, but I don’t think there’s much “possibly” to it. He said in July he still owed $38,000 on a six year old (?) truck.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
You sold the truck? Grats if that is the case.

Not sure why he owes that much on a 2016 but selling it and getting another car probably won't net him much. Used cars are wildly expensive these days and if he wants one made in the last 10 years he'll probably spend 10k. Not ideal but probably not worth the headache of trying to swap out for something cheaper.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

n8r posted:

You sold the truck? Grats if that is the case.

Yes, and thanks.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Did you take out additional student loans or what because them numbers don’t line up

My thread-start numbers must have been off. No new student loans, no.

The truck was coming up on 3 years old, so there was a lot of depreciation left to go. The car is so expensive because of negative equity, taxes (8%), fees, and all that bullshit as mentioned yes.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

neggy eggy roll!
neggy eggy roll!

in all seriousness it's probably for the best and yeah you aren't gonna do better even though this is your chance to get on that sweet neggy eggy roll train

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

WobblySausage posted:

Debt:
Then: $70,510
Now: $22,942

Difference:
-$47,568 in debt gone since the start of the thread. Roughly $840/mo less in payments not including cheaper insurance/registration/etc from the RV and truck compared to our current situation.

Nice work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

WobblySausage posted:

Yes, and thanks.

My thread-start numbers must have been off. No new student loans, no.

The truck was coming up on 3 years old, so there was a lot of depreciation left to go. The car is so expensive because of negative equity, taxes (8%), fees, and all that bullshit as mentioned yes.

I recommend you look into this more. Your total student loan balance at thread start was $3174.47. It is $3692. That's $517.53 that you apparently owe creditors that you do not have a proper accounting of over the life of this thread, which opened in June 2019, not even a year and a half ago.

If you made a transcription error you should figure out what you loan balances actually were at the beginning of the thread and see how much progress you've actually made on your student loans since June of 2019.

If you did not make a transcription error then the interest is outpacing your payments and you need to get on top of these student loans quickly. You owe 16% more on these than you understood yourself to owe on them 16 months ago.

In either case you need to look at statements and determine what's happening.