Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
He looks kinda down in the dumps. So I borrowed a few pills of Lexapro, and I was thinking of crushing them and putting them in his water fountain. How can I know if he's getting the right dosage? How can I know if he's gonna be drinking enough SSRI-laced water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Give them to a mouse and let him hunt.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not recklessly.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

You should be less of a disappointment to your cat. :colbert:

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Dressed like a clown.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
OP I cannot condone you abusing your cat in this way. With this said, you have opened my mind to a world in which Garfield is in love with pharmaceuticals instead of lasagna and this is really an untapped well of comedy if you think about it.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
My friend's cat was prescribed Paxil to see if it helped him stop pissing all over the place. It did.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's not, really.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just now I remembered that I forgot to wash my hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW5_ZUFaKEw

You have a cat!?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Gay Weed Dad posted:

OP I cannot condone you abusing your cat in this way. With this said, you have opened my mind to a world in which Garfield is in love with pharmaceuticals instead of lasagna and this is really an untapped well of comedy if you think about it.

Garfield Minus Jon

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
*I swing a pickaxe into a rock, Garfield making Odie suck cock for Xanax sprays forth in a frothy foam* God bless OP, please leave your cat alone!

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
suppository

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
those anti-anxiety pheromone collars work p well and they smell like lavender which makes your cat a walking air freshener

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

get a stick and tie some string to it, and tie a feather to the end of the string, OP. occasionally dangle it in front of the cat for a few minutes a day.

your cat will not be depressed anymore but if this is too much to ask then I don't know what to say.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
You can have a pharmacy compound it in to a creme you can rub creepily into the skin of your cat's ears. And jack off with, idk, it's your life not mine.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Get another cat. They're better off in pairs.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

lol if you posted:

those anti-anxiety pheromone collars work p well and they smell like lavender which makes your cat a walking air freshener

He's depressed, not anxious.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
All the answers you seek can be found in your username.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

rear end posted:

how can one tell the difference? Asking for my cat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how can one tell the difference? Asking for my cat

He'd be anxious if he wasn't depressed about the OP not giving him the one thing they both know he wants

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

He'd be anxious if he wasn't depressed about the OP not giving him the one thing they both know he wants

understood

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

rear end posted:

He just tryin' to kill his cat!!

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

He seems to be enjoying my hair tie, although I think that won't cure his depression on the long term. Perhaps an SNRI, such as Effexor, might be a good as an adjunct?

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
hmm well with dogs you wrap it peanut butter so maybe crush some up and put in tuna. cats are smarter tho and might catch on to your tricks

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
poo poo they got shrooms, lsd and acid on test runs for depression. idk whats safe for cats vs humans but i heard ketamine also works.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

poo poo they got shrooms, lsd and acid on test runs for depression. idk whats safe for cats vs humans but i heard ketamine also works.

My cat's already depressed. Don't want him to become a drug addict too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hotbox your cat

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You don't need any drugs the corrupt medical community wants to push on your poor cat. Just roll some :catdrugs: in a joint, put on some chill music and let your cat's depression dissipate.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Don't do this unless a vet prescribed it. Not a good idea. Lexapro has a withdraw effect.

Split pills using a pill cutter.

Insert pills into empty capsules, you can buy them online.

Get behind the cat and put the capsule into the back of his mouth.

Hold his head up and stroke his neck to encourage him to swallow.

Use a disposable transfer pipette filled with water and squirt it into his mouth afterwards. Otherwise, the pill will spend too much time in the esophagus. It's been shown that pills can still be in the esophagus 40 minutes after dosing if water isn't used.

Again, don't give your cat meds unless prescribed by a vet.

Finally, if it's generic Lexapro, it's been shown to be less effective than name brand (Forest Labs) due to absorption issues from the cheaper excipients used. Unfortunately the FDA didn't reverse its generic approval of Lexapro like they did with Wellbutrin.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Yes you should

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wait do you just have one cat?

Adopt another pet doofus, he's lonely AF.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
But doctor I am goon cat

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Wait do you just have one cat?

Adopt another pet doofus, he's lonely AF.

That sounds like the worst advice ever.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

rear end posted:

That sounds like the worst advice ever.

It's highly recommended to get cats in pairs for that exact reason. It's trickier once they're older but still usually doable.

Whatever, sounds like your cat is doomed to a life of forced medication instead of a pal, poor bastard.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
He thinks you hate him because you force him to wear that bow tie. Do you hate your cat, op?

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Xaintrailles posted:

Give them to a mouse and let him hunt.

Don't cats like to chase? Wouldn't the mouse in question just be on its rear end thinking about life and poo poo?

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Telebite posted:

Don't do this unless a vet prescribed it. Not a good idea. Lexapro has a withdraw effect.

Use a disposable transfer pipette filled with water and squirt it into his mouth afterwards. Otherwise, the pill will spend too much time in the esophagus. It's been shown that pills can still be in the esophagus 40 minutes after dosing if water isn't used.

Finally, if it's generic Lexapro, it's been shown to be less effective than name brand (Forest Labs) due to absorption issues from the cheaper excipients used. Unfortunately the FDA didn't reverse its generic approval of Lexapro like they did with Wellbutrin.

Best post in thread

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
just order some of those grey market benzos

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Telebite posted:

I feel like doing metal gear solid takedowns on your cat all the time would definitely make it's anxiety worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
piss on your cat