Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I havent watched black mirror yet. Should I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kuato posted:

I havent watched black mirror yet. Should I?

Yes. It's often pretty good and often pretty bad

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I prefer Miley Cyrus vehicles where she frots men or rubs her crotch area against large objects with her tongue lolling out of her mouth like a retard.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You should learn to suck your own dick

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ah, Ill check it out at some point. Theres a lot of stuff I need to watch, apparently.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
black mirror is on the nose so much though, it gets hard to watch something with both an obvious social critique and zero subtlety

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
It's weird because I want to complain that the technology is too outlandish but a lot of the plotlines from Black MIrror episodes are too outlandish. I always like the episodes where it takes modern issues with technology and pushes them to the most extreme conclusion. Miley was good though!

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

HEY YEAH WAOH-OH!! I got a goal I'd like to achieve fuckin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BigBadSteve posted:

I prefer Miley Cyrus vehicles where she frots men or rubs her crotch area against large objects with her tongue lolling out of her mouth like a retard.

Because those are the kinds of things that you relate to?

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like how for some reason this particular episode got extra critical reviews.

I dont know why though. total mystery.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

This is very accurate.

thatguy posted:

black mirror is on the nose so much though, it gets hard to watch something with both an obvious social critique and zero subtlety

The best episode remains the one with the little eye-camera everyone has, because it's just a "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" riff where the tech gimmick facilitates the drama instead of standing awkwardly in the center of the episode screaming "GET IT!?" at the audience.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

It really makes you think, on the outside pop stars have it all: money, fame, beauty, but sometimes their aunts get concerned when they play Nine Inch Nails songs on a 250 thousand dollar piano in their giant hilltop mansion fortresses.

Pop stars are quite possibly the most oppressed group in 2019 and I'm glad Netflix is finally bringing attention to their plight.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

HEY YEAH WAOH-OH!!

The gently caress? When I watched it I thought the line was "Hey I'm a ho!!"

Episode just lost it's one redeeming quality.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

YouTube recommended me that video without me knowing anything about the episode. I clicked on it wondering why Miley was using a new name and then got even more confused when it sounded like head like a hole.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Miley Cyrus has been singing too hard from a young age and her voice is totally hosed, its all raspy and wrecked

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Caesar Saladin posted:

Miley Cyrus has been singing too hard from a young age and her voice is totally hosed, its all raspy and wrecked

More likely her throat is all Michael Douglassed from eating large amounts of rear end

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gaunab posted:

You should learn to suck your own dick

Shut the gently caress up I'm watching black mirror!!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

replace the best friend with some random dude and I 100% guarantee that Striking Vipers episode has happened in Second Life

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I thought it was the worst of the three

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I like the BEEEEEEEEES episode.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They should get married and have lots of identical kids.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bieber is already married to someone who looks like his sister.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This would be a better thread if it was about that grotesque loving orc child making a prank show where they prank unemployed people.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Nosedive was the best episode by far because of how soulless and fake everyone was, how the misanthropic brother wasn't just going through life like a kabuki theater actor, and how I could see something like that coming to be. Especially when someone walks into me because they're tapping away at their cell phone and don't see me.

Click-click-click. Tap-tap-tap.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CHEF!!! posted:

Nosedive was the best episode by far because of how soulless and fake everyone was, how the misanthropic brother wasn't just going through life like a kabuki theater actor, and how I could see something like that coming to be. Especially when someone walks into me because they're tapping away at their cell phone and don't see me.

Click-click-click. Tap-tap-tap.

That was a great one. My favorite is White Christmas, Jon Hamms immoral tech salesman casually trapping the AI home assistant in limbo was like the Jaunt.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think Bandersnatch was much better than it could have been, I enjoyed it quite a lot and i expected some low quality gimmicky stuff. Setting it in the UK amiga gaming scene was pretty cool and it had the british styling of the older episodes.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

thatguy posted:

So I'd never seen the show before; but when I saw somewhere on the internet that there was an episode that involved Miley Cyrus (basically playing a version of herself) and NIN, I knew I had to give it a shot.

I agree with your take about subtlety. I felt like the writing and direction was very much "tell, not show". But still I went along for the ride and was pretty engaged and entertained. There was one moment where I thought they made the right choice and showed a character who was terrified, vulnerable and experiencing growth and that was when Jack strikes the creepy Doctor Monk over his head with a bed pan, and when he doesn't immediately collapse but keeps going for Ashley with the syringe, Jack says, "Leave her alone". Her tone is resolute but her voice is quavering. Great choice by the actor and directors/writers there. They could have played that like she was a tough badass, but instead they let her be a teenage girl trying to do the right thing and be brave. Anyway maybe that was notable because a lot of the episode was a little ridiculous.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Using technology, an all woman tribe shuts down the global infrastructure by making an extension that allows men to put their dicks in their own mouths using technology.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That was a great one. My favorite is White Christmas, Jon Hamms immoral tech salesman casually trapping the AI home assistant in limbo was like the Jaunt.

That's my second favorite. I prefer San Junipero for the rewatchability, I noticed so much like how the glasses girl cant dance and doesnt move her arms in the first scene

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

i want the black mirror ep about the ghola vat that produces these people

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for the remake/parody of that black mirror episode where Ron Jeremy plays the character originally played by Miley Cyrus and he's completely nude the entire time

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sponge Baathist posted:

I can't wait for the remake/parody of that black mirror episode where Ron Jeremy plays the character originally played by Miley Cyrus and he's completely nude the entire time

He's quite scalable, too

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

immortalyawn posted:

This would be a better thread if it was about that grotesque loving orc child making a prank show where they prank unemployed people.

Is that an actual thing that's happening bc I couldn't quite believe that tweet and glossed past it.

Like they gotta give them some kind of something right they can't just use the person's image on TV for profit without asking can they?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

My favourite episode Is Metalhead because it's about a woman on the run from killer robots. That's it.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
That ugly kids prank show has got to be pranking like 14 year olds at their first job. It'd be just too loving sad otherwise

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think Bandersnatch was much better than it could have been, I enjoyed it quite a lot and i expected some low quality gimmicky stuff. Setting it in the UK amiga gaming scene was pretty cool and it had the british styling of the older episodes.

that was the C64/Spectrum gaming scene loving obviously

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Moridin920 posted:

Is that an actual thing that's happening bc I couldn't quite believe that tweet and glossed past it.

Like they gotta give them some kind of something right they can't just use the person's image on TV for profit without asking can they?

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-orders-prank-encounters-hidden-camera-prank-show-hosted-by-gaten-matarazzo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
But like... I mean it has to be fake right, even if in incredibly poor taste? Meaning that's gotta all be scripted and paid actors... Right?

Otherwise I feel like studio people are asking to get shot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The striking vipers episode is hosed up because if you had a VR game where it was possible to gently caress a) lol as if anyone would ever fight and not just gently caress all day long, and b) playing online would be the most loving terrifying poo poo ever because you'd end up getting violently raped in literally every match ever because gamers are psychopaths.

Pretty sure the future of relationships is just married dudes loving each other in VR though.