Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Math You posted:

"Oh you just don't like it because you didn't understand it".

I can forgive Black Mirror and other stuff I don't like or think highly of for being flawed or even bad, but the moment a geek tries this poo poo I want to give them a swirly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
In San Junipero they die in the end. Their soulless brain clones gently caress forever on some dudes harddrive though, how horrifying.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
What if souls but we had to make them

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

They say in heaven love comes first, we'll make heaven a place on earth oooooh, heaven is a place on earth

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Colonel Cancer posted:

In San Junipero they die in the end. Their soulless brain clones gently caress forever on some dudes harddrive though, how horrifying.
Yeah how well that ending lands depends on whether you think the Star Trek transporter is a killing machine

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
It is

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
People mistakenly think Black Mirror itself thinks its super smart and subtle but the show itself is indulging in how over the top and on the nose its concepts are. Nerds who don't like it love to say its because "it turns out I'm just smarter than this TV show, you see"

Also "British TV is better!" is never said by anyone who isn't an obnoxious contrarian who has to prove that they're superior to everyone else at all times.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

exactly. the show is obviously quite silly on purpose with an overly serious tone. If you hear charlie brooker speak its obvious he's taking the piss a lot of the time and not trying to actually scare you. Somehow americans interpret this as actual literal fear mongering though and get all butthurt about how "edgy" the show is.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Oy! You keep goin' on like this mate and imma 'ave ta pop you one inna mouth!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like the new direction they're going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1aSqZ23ydk

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Or maybe people think it's boring and not fun to watch.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Caesar Saladin posted:

exactly. the show is obviously quite silly on purpose with an overly serious tone.

Yeah, I'm thinking when people say the show isn't as clever as the writer(s) seem to think it is that they're referring to the "Ooooh, I'm such a cheeky boy" kind of clever and not the "Oooooh, did I just blow your mind" kind of clever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Frankenstyle posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking when people say the show isn't as clever as the writer(s) seem to think it is that they're referring to the "Ooooh, I'm such a cheeky boy" kind of clever and not the "Oooooh, did I just blow your mind" kind of clever.

Just let them have this. It's turtles all the way down.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Or maybe people think it's boring and not fun to watch.

You mentioned The Waldo Moment. Have you watched others? Because The Waldo Moment is definitely garbage.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Opferwurst posted:

They say in heaven love comes first, we'll make heaven a place on earth oooooh, heaven is a place on earth
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

You mentioned The Waldo Moment. Have you watched others? Because The Waldo Moment is definitely garbage.

I've seen 5 or 6, Jon Hamm Christmas'ing it up was the best I thought and still like maybe 7/10 territory.

Future credits via running wasn't that bad either I guess, but the reverence people give the show as a whole leaves me very wtf.