Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

leftist heap posted:

What exactly would be the most hosed up thing to happen to the Warriors this season in terms of their legacy/narrative? I'd say Steph getting injured early on and them making a deep playoff run on the backs of Draymond and DLo somehow.

Nah, that would just build the legend up Draymond and DLo. Much worse would be Steph being healthy and ineffective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
ol jimmy step backs

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 3, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm here for the Staypuft MVP

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lmao what the gently caress...

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

chunkles posted:

ol jimmy step backs

I'm Wiggins Island

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

leftist heap posted:

I'm Wiggins Trench

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/burackbobby_/status/1179542434377678848?s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lol. Why tamper when you can just control the whole narrative?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
TBF aren’t there like two major talent agencies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit

Wrong thread not cspam loll

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/TheNotFatJew/status/1179509729409851392

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

chunkles posted:

ol jimmy step backs

I've often wondered why Gobert doesn't simply dunk on every possession, clearly the math supports it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s at 48% of fga which is

Pretty good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/redapples/status/1178649589311774721?s=21

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Finally we learn who the "7th player" is.

(And why Kobe knew better to call her out by name)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Kobechild has some wingspan.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

leftist heap posted:

What exactly would be the most hosed up thing to happen to the Warriors this season in terms of their legacy/narrative? I'd say Steph getting injured early on and them making a deep playoff run on the backs of Draymond and DLo somehow.

Deep playoff runs and/or success in absentia are not significant narrative/legacy shifters. Jordan retired and the Bulls still won 55 games without him the following year. Elgin Baylor retired Halloween 1971 and the Lakers immediately won 33 straight games. Ewing theory etc.

If they get Joe Lacob on tape saying Donald Sterling type of stuff. That'd get some real traction. Or if it's revealed that Curry and Klay have been using EPO to boost their 3P accuracy to heretofore unseen levels and stole rings from LBJ who only uses Flintstones Multivitamins. :rip: GSW legacy.

"The sport of basketball emphasizes a specialized set of physical abilities -- particularly quickness, agility and basketball skill -- that are distinct from those required in a number of other sports. Accordingly, illicit substances that could assist athletes in strength sports [such as weightlifting and football], power sports [such as baseball], or endurance sports [such as cycling or marathon running], are not likely to be of benefit to NBA players." -David Stern in 2005 :smugmrgw:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Daughter of Zbo has some serious post moves for what I'm assuming is a 12/13 year old. Little Bean is fast as gently caress

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Pistons trade Andre Drummond to Thunder for Steven Adams

Who says no

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

kd and the nets and Klay and Kings facing off in the 2021 finals

:yeshaha:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

kd and the nets

To the tune of benny and the jets

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dejan Bimble posted:

Pistons trade Andre Drummond to Thunder for Steven Adams

Who says no

The Thunder say no IMO

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chairchucker posted:

The Thunder say no IMO

If they can get picks out of it Thunder should say yes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think it's a pretty decent swap actually since Drummond is less dependent on Chris Paul being on the floor for his offense than Adams is, and I think Adams is a better second for Blake. Money is really similar, too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bad trade would say no

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1179743619072348161

This is not news, but I don't know if it's sunk into the general consciousness how crazy Harden's numbers were.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dokmo posted:

This is not news, but I don't know if it's sunk into the general consciousness how crazy Harden's numbers were.

luka’s numbers would look wild if harden wasn’t out here just changing the way basketball is played

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

dokmo posted:

Harden the last couple of seasons (and especially last season, taking it to new levels) is one of the most absurd things i've ever seen in sports. I'm pretty skeptical he can get this one legged runner to a high enough efficiency to really use it regularly, but if so, lol just lol

i'm not sure how harden and westbrook will work together or this team will do overall but i'm pretty excited to be able to watch james harden do ridiculous bullshit again soon

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 3, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Didn’t the rockets say they will only play Harden and Westbrook together in crunch time?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

colachute posted:

Didn’t the rockets say they will only play Harden and Westbrook together in crunch time?

That can't be right, they will definitely start both of them. Probably stagger their minutes like they did with Chris Paul, but they'll play play at least 20 minutes per game together.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

colachute posted:

If they are both playing 36 mins for example they will have to overlap for way more than that

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Harden's successful step back is unique, especially at the volume he shoots it, but the graph is misleading and "changing the way the game is played" is hyperbolic as poo poo. The graph shows step-back attempts, which is a combination pretty much designed to show how crazy the Harden step-back is in a D'antoni offense that's willing to give him all the shots he can throw up.

2018/19
Harden 378/1028 36.8%
Curry 354/810 43.7%

Back when Curry was the center of the offense and given all the shots he wanted:

2015/16
Curry 402/886 45.4%

I'd take either Curry season over Harden's "changing the way the game is played" season. Especially if the refs start calling his tippity-tap double four-step step back.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Have any real heights been released yet?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

luka’s numbers would look wild if harden wasn’t out here just changing the way basketball is played

Luka shot a slightly lower % from 3 as Lonzo Ball, though.

euphronius posted:

Have any real heights been released yet?

Yeah, just from teams. I saw Dallas. JJ measured 5'10 in socks, Zing was nearly 7'3" without shoes, Boban was 7'3.5 (dude is pushing 7'5" in shoes).

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/m...ter-than-boban/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

7 3 without shoes for zing is incredible

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

Luka shot a slightly lower % from 3 as Lonzo Ball, though.

yeah but he shot 3 more per game and he was only assisted on 42% of them as opposed to lonzo’s 76% c’mon lockback you know better than to just trust raw percentage as a reliable indicator of ability

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah but he shot 3 more per game and he was only assisted on 42% of them as opposed to lonzo’s 76% c’mon lockback you know better than to just trust raw percentage as a reliable indicator of ability

Actually specifically for step-backs Doncic is pretty good, ~36% or so (Harden is 38 I think). Luka was just pretty bad at his other 3s.

I just like posting that Lonzo hit a higher % of his 3s than Luka.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

From D&D

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Unless I'm missing something, this is from 2014. Or is it about the Ukraine inquiry deposing a bunch of morons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

It's a great quote that should be reposted often.