Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

hahaha nooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ok maybe kemba actually should turn down the extra $100 million

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This Twitter account sucks, op. Immediately back-tracked like a minute or so later and his pinned tweet is "Zion will be a bust."

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

that's not going to stop me from picturing mj getting Maple Jordan

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Can everybody please at least check to see that an account has more than 5000 followers and doesn't have a website that looks like this

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:siren:
https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/1141007572977311744
:siren:

my take: He's good!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Yeah I got confused cause the discussion I've always heard about supermaxes was about guys who qualified on the new rules like curry/wall/westbrook etc and not the 10+ year players. My B.

The 3 maxes are somewhat colloquilly referred to as "Rookie-Max" or "Mini-Max", Max, and Super-max. But yeah, it's confusing.

Add in the fact that you can be given a contract that is ABOVE your max if the salary cap grows slowly, though that hasn't happened in a while.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Declan MacManus posted:

if kawhi puts down a 1+1 you take that poo poo immediately; by the end of that deal gasol will have retired and you’ll have a better idea of where siakam and og are as long term prospects

Yeah a 1+1 lines his contract up with Lowry and Gasol, and expires as the team segues into being The Siakam Team with maybe OG Anunoby and Chris Boucher featuring.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

which max is it good to give to andrew wiggins again

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hand Knit posted:

Yeah a 1+1 lines his contract up with Lowry and Gasol, and expires as the team segues into being The Siakam Team with maybe OG Anunoby and Chris Boucher featuring.

The Fred VanVleet disrespect putting OG Anunoby over him.

morestuff posted:

Can everybody please at least check to see that an account has more than 5000 followers and doesn't have a website that looks like this

Nope, the the time of the year where I treat all funny speculation as plausible. Like the Bulls trading Lauri for Number 4 in this draft lmao.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ghost Dog posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Hamburgers

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Ghost Dog posted:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Nope, the the time of the year where I treat all funny speculation as plausible. Like the Bulls trading Lauri for Number 4 in this draft lmao.

that would loving rule

for Lauri*

God, Jrue Lonzo BI Zion Lauri is a really loving fun 2k lineup

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dexo posted:

I just like to think people in this thread are smarter than my racist uncle's Facebook feed

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm thinking about Al Horford and Kawhi Leonard on the Los Angeles Clippers and am experiencing strange emotions but I can't remember if they actually have two max slots or they just pretend that they do.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Also: Wiggins and pick(s) to the Hawks for Bazemore and whichever Plumlee that is?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dexo posted:

The Fred VanVleet disrespect putting OG Anunoby over him.

I don't know how many babies Fred has left in him, and we still don't know how long that empowerment lasts. Better safe than sorry, I say.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Slowpoke! posted:

The new theory is Kawhi signs a 1 year deal with Toronto and a 1 year player option, and eyes a super max in 2021 when he would have 10 years of service. That would give him the flexibility of signing a supermax with Toronto or a 1 year deal somewhere else in 2020 and a supermax in 2021

There are risks though given the recent injuries to Durant and Klay, and Kawhi’s own injury.

I feel like a player of Kawhi’s caliber will command a supermax, even if the worst comes to pass and he gets injured. Same with Durant, he’s still going to get max money despite being hurt.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

morestuff posted:

I just like to think people in this thread are smarter than my racist uncle's Facebook feed

I’ll have you know that esteemed GSW blog boy Sam Esfandiari responded to that trash man’s tweet

https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1141001554142453761?s=21

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hand Knit posted:

I don't know how many babies Fred has left in him, and we still don't know how long that empowerment lasts. Better safe than sorry, I say.

As a fellow Rockfordian...a ton

Nothing else to do in that hellho...wonderful city

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

if kawhi puts down a 1+1 you take that poo poo immediately; by the end of that deal gasol will have retired and you’ll have a better idea of where siakam and og are as long term prospects

Is there any Kawhi deal that wouldn’t be an insta-sign? Like even if you gave him a blank contract and had him fill out all the numbers however he wanted, is there any way it’s a bad deal for the team as long as it’s an CBA compliant deal? Even with injury risk on a long term deal, if he’s in for 4 or 5 years any I think any team would be racing to sign the papers before he changes his mind.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

pseudodragon posted:

Is there any Kawhi deal that wouldn’t be an insta-sign? Like even if you gave him a blank contract and had him fill out all the numbers however he wanted, is there any way it’s a bad deal for the team as long as it’s an CBA compliant deal? Even with injury risk on a long term deal, if he’s in for 4 or 5 years any I think any team would be racing to sign the papers before he changes his mind.

no

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
No, Kawhi is one of the few players that a 1+1 is absolutely no risk for him. Regardless what he does he should probably not sign long term.

There are only like 3 or 4 guys in the league who should think like that though.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As if we didn't have enough evidence as to what line of work employs the most bitchboys

https://twitter.com/KPIXtv/status/1140889637390553088?s=19

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BWV posted:

As if we didn't have enough evidence as to what line of work employs the most bitchboys

I can't believe Kevin Durant isn't actually the most bitchmade human on earth

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BWV posted:

there’s literally footage of the incident

Poque posted:

I can't believe Kevin Durant isn't actually the most bitchmade human on earth

kd is by default less bitchmade than any law enforcement officer, sorry i don’t make the rules

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

At least KD isn't a cop

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Person considers filing lawsuit" should literally never be reported

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
KD morally superior to Shaq, the cop

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
shaqtin a pig

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

xbilkis posted:

"Person considers filing lawsuit" should literally never be reported

I mean it won't go anywhere but it's elevating to some next level petty poo poo. Apparently he's been off work with a "conclusion " which I guess for a cop is a normal response to meeting a black man you can't wantonly assault.

https://twitter.com/KatieKPIX/status/1140871078513803264?s=19

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There is footage of a Warriors venture capitalist pushing Kyle Lowry and the police don't care.

But Masai Ujiri, that's the real monster. Masai is going to end up suing them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

KD is like sports athlete lol fun make jokes "hahaha farts, and burner accounts lol" about.

Please do not actually put him anywhere near the same tier as a fuckboy racist police officer.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

BWV posted:

I mean it won't go anywhere but it's elevating to some next level petty poo poo. Apparently he's been off work with a "conclusion " which I guess for a cop is a normal response to meeting a black man you can't wantonly assault.

https://twitter.com/KatieKPIX/status/1140871078513803264?s=19

What the gently caress kind of sheriff's deputy can afford a "high-profile" lawyer? Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hahahahahhahahaha
https://twitter.com/KatieKPIX/status/1140874107044581376

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Suing for emotional distress cause you can't log off

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

OzFactor posted:

What the gently caress kind of sheriff's deputy can afford a "high-profile" lawyer? Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

Lawyers can work on commission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

OzFactor posted:

Cursory research reveals he represents law enforcement unions