Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OzFactor posted:

What the gently caress kind of sheriff's deputy can afford a "high-profile" lawyer? Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

Contingency fee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

OzFactor posted:

Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

It doesn’t say if he’s pro or anti civil rights.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

I just like to think people in this thread are smarter than my racist uncle's Facebook feed

It's a nice fantasy, but,

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

I don't see race, only avatars

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MelancholyMark posted:

I don't see race, only avatars

Everyone is their avatar.

I’m also looking to switch my avatar game up again for the summer, so if someone wants to make an avatar combining Josuke Higashikata (8) and the Memphis Grizzlies, please do so

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone is their avatar.

I’m also looking to switch my avatar game up again for the summer, so if someone wants to make an avatar combining Josuke Higashikata (8) and the Memphis Grizzlies, please do so

Your current avatar has had a good run.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
No one should ever change their avatar. Pick one and live that life forever.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

OzFactor posted:

Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

Just like all lawsuits, civil rights cases have at least two sides. Meet the guy who represents the oppressors.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kibner posted:

Your current avatar has had a good run.

With Marc winning the title, I feel it’s a good time to retire it and move on. The Big Bear Did the Thang.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

zelah posted:

Agreed

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

BWV posted:

I mean it won't go anywhere but it's elevating to some next level petty poo poo. Apparently he's been off work with a "conclusion " which I guess for a cop is a normal response to meeting a black man you can't wantonly assault.

https://twitter.com/KatieKPIX/status/1140871078513803264?s=19

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

pseudodragon posted:

It doesn’t say if he’s pro or anti civil rights.

lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Less than a week ago that cop was apparently fine but his jaw was "a little sore" (as if). Crazy that it's been upgraded to a concussion. I assume in another week he'll practically be on death's door.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Maneck posted:

Just like all lawsuits, civil rights cases have at least two sides. Meet the guy who represents the oppressors.

You know what? The dumbass cop should sue. I want to see the circus.

Does Masai’s buddy Barack still have his license?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

That’s Mastagni, Jr - I mean, he might be involved also, but the guy interviewed in the article is Sr.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when Masai threatened to curb stomp Dolan if he didn't give him all those picks for Bargnani

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

With Marc winning the title, I feel it’s a good time to retire it and move on. The Big Bear Did the Thang.

Hell yeah

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Knicks apparently turned down a Hawks offer of the 8th and 10th picks for the 3rd pick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am not a lawyer but Massai’s defense should be “gently caress you nazi. No money”

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when Masai threatened to curb stomp Dolan if he didn't give him all those picks for Bargnani

There’s no time to focus on white supremacist terrorism when this Nigerian is threatening the safety of our doughy circus peanut looking rear end cops

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
EXCLUSIVE - the glorified mall cop suffered a concussion when he reeled his head back in surprise at the sight of a Black Male in a Suit. The Cop, clenching his jaw in an effort to maintain control and stop himself from pulling his sidearm, suffered a tempular mandibular injury. He has been unable to open his mouth wide enough to fit a donut in it and has been unable to work due to lack of nutrition. David Mastagni, Sr will represent the civil suit against the NBA, Canada, and Armani.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Knicks apparently turned down a Hawks offer of the 8th and 10th picks for the 3rd pick.

Unless it was 8th, 10th, and Trae Young, Knicks are correct to decline.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I agree, I'm just wondering who the Hawks are so dead set on trading up for. Culver?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I mostly specialize in orthopedics but I can tell you it's very easy for an officer to feign concussion-like symptoms and convince a lesser professional to provoke such a diagnosis. This would be particularly easy if the patient was already exceptionally stupid and/or brain broke.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Knicks smart

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

zelah posted:

Unless it was 8th, 10th, and Trae Young, Knicks are correct to decline.

Strongly disagree but I also don't like RJ that much. This draft flattens out really fast, I would rather have multiple lottery picks later than any single player outside of Zion. I get why the Hawks are trying to trade up though since they have a ton of picks and you realistically can't have that many rookies probably.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

NickRoweFillea posted:

There’s no time to focus on white supremacist terrorism when this Nigerian is threatening the safety of our doughy circus peanut looking rear end cops

how much more white supremacism do the cops have to do till you are satisfied

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Cop's fishing for a settlement cause he knows Masai is rich.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

zelah posted:

My old Schmorky 'tar got retired once I figured out that the dude was a pedo.

:respek:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1141034459367497728?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

Strongly disagree but I also don't like RJ that much. This draft flattens out really fast, I would rather have multiple lottery picks later than any single player outside of Zion. I get why the Hawks are trying to trade up though since they have a ton of picks and you realistically can't have that many rookies probably.

They (the Knicks) are probably trying to play some teams off of each other.
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1141017557916377088?s=19

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OzFactor posted:

What the gently caress kind of sheriff's deputy can afford a "high-profile" lawyer? Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

My guess is that the the union is paying for it, police unions are arguably the most powerful unions in NA and have TONS of money. That said, I'm fairly sure MLSE is even richer, and hopefully they'll back him up.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1140986533920591874

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
RJ probably does in fact need to change his shot.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

knicks are gonna reach for garland and new yorkers will boo, so it is written

never seen this backfire before

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

RJ probably does in fact need to change his shot.

I'd avoid anyone associated with Markelle Fultz on principal alone

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Knicks no longer look smart.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

Knicks never look smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The problem with Fultz and Hanlen was that Markelle wouldn't fully commit to the changes they were working on so Hanlen quit and then Fultz reverted back to his old* really bad jumper. He had a noticeably different form during preseason and the first week or two of the season, he still wasn't great but it was clear he was trying something different.

I think Hanlen has a decent rep working with other guys, but he's not a magician. There's only one Chip Englund.

*Old being the funky rear end jump shot he developed sometime between the draft workouts and summer league his rookie year. His actual old form he showed in college was was fine.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 18, 2019