Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Its gonna be KD

N sync voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This has to be the first time in history that 3/4 of the top 4 picks in the draft have been traded before their 3rd season begins right

Josh Jackson is going to Orlando after he gets bought out

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

Wait do you think the Charcuterie is real? Lmao

Please do not joke about cheese at a time like this

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Imagine stalking someone for a year and not knowing what sauce they prefer.

This whole debacle could have been avoided by one of the franchises giving Kawhi a WingStreet

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/1146569510993965057

The Knicks are my best friend after asking out women way out of his league

e: He deleted it because he's a coward and I didn't take a pic cuz it wasn't bad enough to delete, he said the Knicks are sending out word to their beat writers that they "never wanted to meet with Kawhi"

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 4, 2019

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I checked the date on this like 65 times before believing it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

If they are going to play him or trade him to somewhere that will play him or buy him out (which it sounds like they are going to do) then they are fine, totally within fair behavior.

I'll be disappointed if they pull a Suns and there isn't a trade market for him and they make him wait until March just to buy him out anyway. In fact it'll be even worse than the Suns since the Suns at least paid (overpaid) for Monroe so some expectation of getting something on the other end at least was reasonable, the Grizzlies already got paid to take Iggy in the first place.

But in general I think it needs to be easier for players to have a way to get buyouts, at least if they're not being played, especially after a trade since the player didn't enter the situation willingly, but even when players did sign on purpose, there has to be some way out, I don't think guys with game left should be sent home or whatever and I don't think "But they're still getting their money!!!!!!!!" is very thoughtful.

I really hated what the Lakers did to Deng (although in the end it screwed them because if they would've just bought him out before last season instead of stretching him this season when it was already too late they would not be so financially constrained, so he gets the last laugh.

Well let's hope they learned something from their Tyreke Evans debacle cuz that played out about as poorly as it could have and they presumably got better offers for him than they'll get for Iggy

e: Quoted wrong post

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Eddie Jones is one of a handful of players I never want to Basketball-Reference (or even Youtube) because in my memory he was fully sick and I want nothing to change that.

euphronius posted:

Eddie Jones had good stats

Yea Eddie is a 100 winshare man, feel free to look

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
[Aerosmith vocals] Love on the portland blazers

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

Currently Sitting poolside just muttering “Love on the Portland Blazers” over and over again

Hope you are having a nice 4th, buddy

That goes for alla youse

Dutchy posted:

The Mavs will be better for sure but the gap from 33 wins to 48+ is huge. To make that jump plausible I think the Mavs needed to add two solid starters in addition to porzingis and so far they've added a quality sixth man that will start by default and are praying for Danny Green. It'll be better but that is just not nearly enough unless Luka actually is baby fat euro LeBron and that's not just a joke I make

And this was the year to do it cuz once kp signs we're capped out, so they had one offseason to spend thirty mil filling in around Luka and kp and have spent about eight. Having those two is good but as far as building an actual team around them goes, this is a collosal disaster

The Mavs seemed to be so picky from the start and even when it was clear that they needed to set their sights a little lower they didn't, I thought they'd at least be in the mix for a D'Lo type or something. Brogdon woulda been great

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

iamsosmrt posted:

I hope Kawhi is spending the 4th in Canada. And I hope he's confused by their lack of celebrating the "birth of America" and this causes him to reconsider signing with the Raptors.

Also, Eddie Jones is one of those lowkey underrated players who was almost traded for AI. But, the guy who described him as a man who'd have 15 at the half and 19 and the end of the game also made him sound like a 90s/2000s Jeff Green. Now I'm conflicted.

That's close to the Jeff Green experience but not quite there. Jeff Green will average 10 ppg by scoring 20 one game and 0 the next

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

man have the celtics seriously not tried to trade for a big man with a pulse to pair with kemba?

It's the fifth day of free agency

Kemba hasn't even signed yet

e: For a more substantial answer I'm pretty sure the plan is to see if Hayward can boost his value back up before trading him at the deadline for a big, I doubt they'll find anything before the season starts with the NBA in such flux and so many people thinking they have a shot at a chip now (unless Kawhi goes to the Lakers)

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 5, 2019

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Maybe the dream isn't dead

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1147173307600576514

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

He’s Jeff Green

Wiggins will never fetch as many first round picks as Lean Jeff Green

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

xbilkis posted:

Is Jarrett Allen the best third-year player to ever play in Summer League?

Yea probably, but Jarrett's "issue" has always kind of been a lack of confidence and a tendency to disappear when he starts getting bullied around so I imagine absolutely thrashing rookies will be good for his ego

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1147324456261443584

The DeAndre situation is gonna be a strange one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Yeah I get you have to do the move to make Kevin happy but Jarret Allen is good.

The problem is (and I'm not saying this as a jilted Kyrie ex gf cuz I've made peace with that whole situation) I just don't see Kyrie taking Jarrett Allen's side over DAJ and it's gonna be Kyrie's team next year. I doubt DeAndre is just gonna say yeah bench me so it's gonna be weird

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

everyone says bulls fans are angry and bitter but we're all pretty simple, we just want a try-hard team with at least one dude who is always yelling.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hell yeah

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

triple sulk posted:

PG isn't even a top ten player lmao at that trade

It's worth Kawhi and PG tho

G-Hawk posted:

it was effectively for PG AND Kawhi if kawhi wasnt gonna sign without pg, so

Yeah

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Skeeyup said he'd call Kawhi by his name again if he joined the Clippers. Big news

related: https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/status/1147387359966613504

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zyla posted:

i mean if generally everything past like pick 3 is a crapshoot, how good really are 4 late round picks? seems unreliable to find replacements to what you gave up

Lottery means 1-14 was the point, I believe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
2 am est is the most Kawhi time to leak a signing. This whole thing was engineered to perfection, millions of people are going to be sick upon waking up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Russ to the Mavericks where Carlisle will do his point guard whispering technique

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Seeing 2 years/30 mil for Danny Green

Jesus, these guys don't know what they're doing, that's so much

They probably should have seen what else they could have done with that money but I mean he'll be really really good with AD and Lebron

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Constellation I posted:

can we get demar back and forever battle jimmy and the heat for the 5th seed

Jimmy is basically retired

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Intruder posted:

real talk why did okc give up on the russ/pg experiment, they would have done a lot better if he hadn't been crippled come playoff time

PG requested a trade, it wasn't voluntary

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

i think the East/West disparity this year might be even worse than those last few years Lebron was in Cleveland. The west has Philly and Milwaukee and a bunch of teams that either have a star surrounded by meh or are just garbage. the Nets are basically treating this season like one of those DBZ episodes where Goku charges a spirit bomb for 22 minutes, Boston is going to underperform like they have the last 5 years, Toronto is gonna be missing Kawhi...

honestly i think the Indiana Pacers should try to make a big move. Trade for Ben Simmons or some poo poo, really go HAM and try to get to the finals this year, it might be their best shot

How the hell has Boston underperformed for the last five years

Except for last year they've done the exact opposite of that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

i guess "fall short of the finals because of lack of chemistry" is more appropriate

I think you've lost the plot, focus on Kawhi

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

pacers should trade for Blake Griffin and go all in on 2020 NBA Finals IMO

Kind of a long shot that Dipo will be anywhere close to 100% at any point in this season I think, quad rupture is big bad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

ah poo poo, really? i thought i remembered it was just an ACL and that he'd be back in time for a playoff run

my god the east sucks poo poo. Milwaukee should go for 73 i guess.

Yeah it's one of the "gutshot" injuries when you hear about it along with achilles, I'm rooting for him but it's a long road

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

OH gently caress ITS THE MIAMI PICK

Yea that's huge

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I guess the Miami pick isn't quite as good as it was before because Jimmy Butler can be pretty good when he wants to be but it's still a coup

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I was informed by cris carter there would be no news today. I’ve been traveling all day from my parent’s home in Oklahoma City, to my current residence in California.

Time to just check in on Twitter before getting a good night’s rest.

Well it was technically Saturday on the east coast

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

I'm dying at the Lakers announcing the kcp signing now

It's almost getting ratio'd ahaha

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The NBA is going to be loving WILD this season. So I need to try to recalibrate my brain. I'm guessing this might throw both the Lakers and OKC towards the bottom end of the playoffs more than likely? Let's see.

Clippers are favorites, Utah, then you have Nuggets, Houston, Spurs, Warriors, and Lakers, OKC, and maybe NOLA battling for playoff spots too? I'm not super far off, am I? Is my broken brain forgetting anything obvious?

GODDAMN I FORGOT MY DUDES THE GRIZZ

The Lakers have two of the best 5 players in the NBA, they're going to be pretty good

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

this would be a good bet for the preseason survey:

Who stays on their current team longer:
Bradley Beal or Russell Westbrook?

Leonsis is way more stubborn about holding onto players than Presti is and the Wizards still don't have a GM so it's almost certainly Beal. Man they could get a haul for Beal in this climate

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

jackofarcades posted:

yeah but who the f wants Russ? Every team wants Beal

Seattle Supersonics

The Glumslinger posted:

KCP has been a huge loving chore to watch, and we've paid him like 40 mil over the past 2 seasons. He's not a starting caliber SG

They should have given him the vet min and hooked up with the Space Jam 2 grift, that would have been a way bigger favor to Bron

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Katana_Warrior posted:

It's cool that the Lakers have signed 3 shooting guards before a single point guard imo

Alex Caruso is gonna make his appearance

Zyla posted:

what is this double draft people keep mentioning

High schoolers can enter the 2022 draft (people thought it would be 2021 but it's looking like 2022)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol, reminder that the Lakers traded away last year's first and second round picks for free to clear up an extra 4 mil to get max cap space?

Rich Paul should have shut up and let him go to Boston for a year and bail to the Lakers