Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Also Toronto’s metro population is three times the size of Cleveland’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

It’s wild that that dude can break so much NBA news in between working as a professional trainer, coaching HS basketball, covering the league for a defunct website and being a food connoisseur

https://twitter.com/jonkrawczynski/status/1140822092801335296?s=21

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Can everybody please at least check to see that an account has more than 5000 followers and doesn't have a website that looks like this

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dexo posted:

Nope, the the time of the year where I treat all funny speculation as plausible. Like the Bulls trading Lauri for Number 4 in this draft lmao.

I just like to think people in this thread are smarter than my racist uncle's Facebook feed

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

OzFactor posted:

What the gently caress kind of sheriff's deputy can afford a "high-profile" lawyer? Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

Lawyers can work on commission

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MKG hit 34% of his threes on more than half an attempt per game this year, all that hard work is finally paying off

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Athanatos posted:

I'm not sure what the Pacers are going to trade to get into the lottery that gets them something better than what they traded?

They must really like one of the guards up that far.

If they don't think they're going to make any big signing they could just take on salary. I'm fulling expecting Charlotte to burn No. 12 to shed contracts

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/candacedbuckner/status/1141105807532146689?s=21

https://twitter.com/candacedbuckner/status/1141107982081679363?s=21

Why not just give the job to the interim guy at this point

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Yeah, the broadcast is barely worth watching as is. Just follow the thread

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I wonder if Boston tried to lowball him or something, I sort of assumed they had a deal lined up when he opted out

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

RIP CusCrise

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Are the Lakers going to just have three max players and Kuz left

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

just offer a future second for nola to push the trade back jfc

Probably wouldn’t be enough if the Pelicans are set on trading No. 4

What ring chasers are going to be on the market? Vince Carter?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Rondo made like four all-star games in Boston

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Is Portis signing a minimum contract

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

that's pretty good for both sides. Maybe a little pricy for Utah but Conley's exactly what they needed

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

2 first round picks for Conley is good

Yeah, plus a decent reclamation project in Jae and whatever juice you can get out of Grayson

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

I guess, but its a late first and a heavily protected future, and honestly the contracts going back to Memphis are not good. Conley is "only" 31 but I probably overrate guys on the back end of their career arc.

I would thought they could have gotten Favors and I'm surprised they stayed with Utah as a partner when that was taken off the table.

The protections on that pick seem pretty good for Memphis, assuming the Jazz don't screw up the next two years a "lightly-protected" 2022 pick for a Western team is a decent lotto ticket

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I don't understand this though

https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1141377580060356611?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Metapod posted:

Memphis why

Who else is trading for Conley

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Metapod posted:

I just wanted him in the east gently caress

Ah my b

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/mconley11/status/1141384905408036865?s=21

Can’t wait to get to uh um

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I'm sure you can find similar stuff for every team but all the faceless Twitter Lakers fans REALLY seem to think they're getting Kawhi

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The league really doesn't seem to have a problem with resting players, they just want teams to do it on Monday nights against the Hornets instead of in the primetime slot vs. the Lakers

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume they must think they found a sleeper

Or they just need cheap contracts and are good at developing guys

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

The timing of r/nbastreams going down right after the Finals ended seems a little too coincidental. Is it possible that was intentional? Like maybe the NBA knows how lovely it's streaming options are and didn't want to cut off their fans during the playoff season? And maybe they have plans for offering a streaming service that is actually worth paying for next season?

If the issue is that networks and service providers pay for the rights to the games, why don't they let the networks and service providers sell them as PPV events or monthly passes?

In terms of performance, League Pass has been fine for me for years. Blackouts are a reality on every platform, but if you only want to watch your hometeam you can always just pay $25 a month for Sling or whatever and it'd be cheaper than LP anyway

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

OzFactor posted:

Is there anything in the CBA that would explicitly prevent LeBron James from giving Tilman Fertitta a production credit and/or box office cut for Space Jam in exchange for buying out Chris Paul so he can go sign a vet minimum with the Lakers?

Yes

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/jtylerconway/status/1141795368092536832?s=20

I'm mostly surprised an 80-year-old is running his own Twitter account

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is honestly kind of sad

Like two days ago people in this thread were convinced Kawhi was in Cancun with Lowry for some reason

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Oh cool, is Warren a decent player?

he is now that he can shoot

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

He’s not going to shoot 43% from three next year

Even if he's actually closer to that 36-39% range that's solid, and he did it on decent volume. He might not be much more than a no-defense microwave guy with tunnel vision but he's locked on a good deal for that role

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Oh cool, is Warren a decent player?

Caitlin Cooper is a good writer and already has a thing ready

https://twitter.com/C2_Cooper/status/1141759758770327562?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Wasn't word that the Pels were trying to get an established guy with No. 4? I get pivoting if nobody interesting was available but grabbing more picks in this draft is like the opposite approach

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

What are the Suns doing

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Even if he never really pans out Clarke is the kind of on-court weirdo you love to have on a rebuilding team

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

dokmo posted:

Someone explain to me how a draft can be rated the day after the draft. I'm not joking, I really want to know the process.

Most of it boils down to "do I personally like this guy" with a little bit of comparing it to their perceived range

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

this but unironically

Yeah, I do think those articles are kind of interesting as time capsules. I remember going back to the Adam Morrison draft at some point and being surprised by so many B+s

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

Versatile guys who can shoot and defend, you need players to create offense, lead possessions, and make things happen, they could be the same or they could be separate.

Hornets fans seem upset because PJ Washington is a boring pick and feels similar to Miles Bridges, but you literally can't seem to have too many smart two-way guys that can take threes and defend the forward spots. It alway seems easy to move those guys for decent value, too, I remember the Rockets basically made a cottage industry of it for like a decade

morestuff fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 21, 2019

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

dokmo posted:

I don't disagree with anything you said. I'm simply pointing out that a bunch of opinions are more likely to converge on the truth than any single opinion. Not always, but most of the time. The average of a bunch of guesses is going to be more right than any single person's guess. I certainly did not mean to impugn the basketball knowledge of any of the writers who write these things, just wondering about their motives for doing so.

People like knowing how to feel about stuff, and “wait and see” isn’t particularly satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Still watching a few draft videos and the DX guys were incredibly smart to never talk on camera. The youtube dudes that drone on and make jokes are intolerable