Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
weird that Ujiri assaulting a police officer hasn't been a bigger story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://imgur.com/0qkjcUW Do you guys think this would be a good new basketball for the NBA?

I think it's at least worth a trial in the Gatorade League

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I had to check to make sure the comments weren't somehow sorted by stupidity holy moly

Also Kawhi is not even 4 years older than Wiggins.

e: lol just saw the date on the post dang it

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MelancholyMark posted:

I mean, it was 4 years ago, but still lol

Yeah it's slightly less crazy, but only very slightly less.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

Wiggles. Theyre already pretty close to the same player but wiggins has the edge of his athleticism and being a few years younger.

quote:

No, its really not. He's 19, a lockdown defender, jumps out of the gym, and is better than Kawhi on offense. Not to mention the ridiculous potential

lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
weed is legal in canada

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
which means he's staying

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

fancy stats posted:

not sure about this username/post combo

i was bein sarcastic op

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

pseudodragon posted:

It doesn’t say if he’s pro or anti civil rights.

lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Less than a week ago that cop was apparently fine but his jaw was "a little sore" (as if). Crazy that it's been upgraded to a concussion. I assume in another week he'll practically be on death's door.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Wasn't Morey saying the same sort of poo poo about Melo right up until the moment he was dumped

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

What locations beyond LAL make sense for Horford assuming his timeline is “be on a pretty good team now”?

The Clippers with Kawhi? Houston swapping him for Capela hard caps the Rockets at the apron, which Fertitta might like because he’s apparently some sort of cheapo Trump-style pudding brain guy. Some other left field S&T destination like Milwaukee?

Brooklyn IMO.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

Real excited to see all the fa movement. I could see several different teams having a shot at best in the west.

Proving the importance of roster continuity Portland is gonna run it all back and take #1 to be one of the most disappointing 1 seeds ever.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Hield was already pretty big tho, that picture doesn't seem that crazy.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't see how the Bucks get down to signing Horford territory. That's crazy talk.

All of the young teams building around stars now makes me think about how insanely important it is to be very careful with who you bring in, because with the way the CBA works you're going to be "stuck" with that to a certain extent once your young stars start getting paid. For better or worse teams like Philly and Milwaukee are now in a position where their best move is to bring everyone back because they don't have the flexibility to do otherwise for the most part. I'm not saying that any of those teams are in a bad position (the opposite really in the case of Philly and Milwaukee), but you realistically only get one proper shot at putting guys around a young core and it's pretty interesting to watch it unfold.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Feels like OKC should be trying to build around Adams. He's only 25 and under contract for two more years.

Westbrook is gonna have a $46M player option when he's 34. Wow

OKC should be building around their best player, Paul George.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

I really dislike this knockon from the soft cap.

Yeah I'm not in love with it either.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

what a moron

Fultz and Ball traded, Tatum regressed, Jackson is a moron and bad, ... 2017 draft was something

The loving Kings made the best pick lmao

Bam Adebayo has quietly been better than pretty much everyone ahead of him lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

20 mil for Malcolm Brogdon strikes me as a lot. Or maybe I’m dumb and that’s fair

I think it's good. He shot 50/40/90 this year. I don't think you can expect that out of him every season but there's nothing about his improvement since the first season that looks totally unsustainable or anything. Seems like exactly the kinda guy you'd want to put around Giannis.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
This seems like a weird draft to explicitly covet picks 20-23.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
There seems to be an awful lot of stuff dependent on a trade that technically hasn't happened yet

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

:yeah:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

The Maestro posted:

Lol do I scout college? My man I actively oppose watching college ball. All of the teams get an F for perpetuating the NCAA system.

:hai:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

dokmo posted:

Because there's no way the writer has spent even 1% of the time scouting these players as the teams choosing them have, it seems to me to be an incredibly egotistical exercise to rate a choice from a place of relatively total ignorance. That's why I'm confused by all this, I can't imagine any one writer, much less a bunch of them, assuming or pretending to know more than several hundred scouts.

drat i know you weren't born yesterday come on

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Blazers didn't meet or even talk to Little either... I don't think it's that crazy.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Probably true in general

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this made me legit lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I love ET but boy howdy does he stink at basketball. I wish he didn't sound like Meatwad cause he'd be perfect in a booth.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah i wonder if this isn't just the Hawks throwing Bazemore a bone and putting him somewhere he still might actually get significant minutes, while shaving a tiny bit of salary

ET makes more tho? I'm guessing there is a second rounder involved or something.

e: nm google was lying to me, Bazemore somehow makes more

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Libertine posted:

I need to know who has the cleaner rear end in a top hat in the head-to-head matchup

Which guy in the NBA most likely has a bidet

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

iamsosmrt posted:

I feel like Evan Turner is one of those guys who if he played in the 70s, he'd be considered an all time great. It's just bizarre because he's clearly worked his rear end off and has legit skills, but it's clear he has no innate greatness or like a visceral sense of the game that's required to excel at the NBA level in his era.

I'd love to see him in the BIG3 or maybe China, because he can absolutely make mere mortal players look foolish with his iso skills.

He really really looks like he should be better at basketball than he is.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dejan Bimble posted:

Shabazz Napier gets to be full time bench ball handler, I assume. He's on a super cheap deal this year

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/shabazz-napier-15376/
1.9m non guaranteed

Oh and it means Rotknee Hode is gone

Shabazz Napier is on the Nets now

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

chunkles posted:

i know bazemore has been stinking it up lately but he's not straight up for evan turner bad, is it a salary thing or what

i haven't watched him much but his stats are extremely bad

chunkles posted:

its the best like $20 purchase i've ever made in my life

:hai:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

G-Hawk posted:

the back to back DPOY isn't an all star

defense doesn't put the ball in the hoop

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Congratulations to Europe for finally having good athletes

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't remember ever wondering when Iggy was coming back last year lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
"stealth" suitor

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

What are people expecting from Durant when he can play in two seasons? Right now, I’m thinking ultra expensive shooter that occasionally has a flashback game.

I think he can still be really good. Maybe merely in the top 25 in the league instead of like, top 3.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't really think you make the finals without taking some risks. Guys like Covington, Saric and Shamet are basically built to be trade fodder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Butler is just wild poo poo Morey is throwing out there.