Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Zion opinion: I will root for him. If somehow he ever becomes the villain like Heat Lebron did, it will be fun to root against him. Either way I'm happy he is in the NBA. He seems like he's just a good and goofy kid who is built like a tank and is really good at basketball.

I am embracing the Zion era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

also i am predicting Zion to be successful because he has a successful name.

Lebron James
David Robinson
Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Magic Johnson

These are successful athlete names.

We can add Zion Williamson to that I think.

My theory is not a guarantee, but it is sound.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

dokmo posted:

Someone explain to me how a draft can be rated the day after the draft. I'm not joking, I really want to know the process.

Because if I make some insane prediction about the draft and I’m right, I can coast on that for the next 20 years.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hot take: Bol Bol won't be in the NBA when Lebron retires. And I feel like I'm cheating by making that prediction way too safe.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nyBpt9tRsg

this came up in my recommendations. hate the warriors or love the warriors they did some pretty fuckin spastic poo poo over the last few years. this is probably my favorite and most jaw dropping.

i probably couldn't even make that many layups in a row if i was playing by myself.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

What the gently caress lol

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is like that one UFC beef that was sponsored by Halo 5

they really need to knock this poo poo off.

...... the way charmin knocks poo poo off my butt

#charminpartner

someone probably paid a huge amount of money to come up with this.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Giannis didn’t come out of nowhere but it feels like he did. I really need to start paying more attention.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Paul Zuvella posted:

The best thing involving the Rockets this year was that video Reddit made during the semifinals

Post the video

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stevie Lee posted:

ZHAIRE UPDATE
Zhaire Smith's drive is so inspiring that he made his paraplegic dad start walking again

Also, like me, he believes he that he can be better than Kawhi:

I don’t think you can be better than Kawhi.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

More like yikes every professional sports organization ever.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think Max is pretty atrocious but this is awesome. Broken clock syndrome I guess.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hot take: Kyrie is overrated and nobody is going to win a championship with him as their number one guy, or as their number 2 since he probably won’t be Ball dominant.

E: apparently apple thinks ball is a proper noun sometimes.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Spring Break My Heart posted:

A team already won with him as their #2, and there's like maybe 5 guys who you could win with as your best player.

I guess you’re right. He was definitely the ball dominant player on the Cleveland Lebrons.

E: I’m not editing my post to run from my shame but I misread your post. I don’t think Kyrie is a good enough leader to win as the main guy on a team, and I don’t think he can win as the #2 guy because he has become a guy who needs to have the ball in his hands too much to settle for that. I think winning a title as the number 2 guy to one fo the greatest athletes to ever live can be considered a bit of an outlier, but I don’t think Kyrie is the same guy he was that year.

colachute fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 25, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

He wanted Lue. If Kyrie lands there... and then JR.

Turning the Lakers into the best team in the eastern conference!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

as far as franchises that are *~*historically relevant*~* are the knicks the most overrated franchise ever? i feel like they have this aura or mystique or whatever that just kind of appeared there. it wasn't like they went out and had a dynasty at any point... ever.

i guess i just wonder why the knicks are relevant other than being in NYC

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i think jimmy butler wants to play for as many teams as possible and i for one am here for the jimmy butler world tour

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Rick posted:

Man either the Clips or the Lakers or both are going to be holding a huge bag of money with no one left to spend it on pretty soon.

the lakers would even be able sign a bench player

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

mcmagic posted:

There is no way KD is going to a second rate franchise like the Nets. They are about a billion times more second rate than the Clippers are.

i think KD is in his feelings enough to think he needs to bring a franchise like the nets to a title in order to shed his reputation for being a bitch

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

MourningView posted:

Lakers have two of the top like 5-10 guys in the league and at least actually put some shooters around them this time, I still think all the sky is falling poo poo with them is way overblown.

good thing they have depth in case one of those two gets injured.

kawhi is a genius.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

MourningView posted:

How many teams in the league aren't in trouble if one of their two best players gets injured?
you're right, a solid bench isn't important.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Aye Doc posted:

reading back through early FA responses and boy, this one aged well:

he wasn't wrong. KawhileonarD did not go to the Nets.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQcvD6LZnTs

the play at 45 seconds :lol:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1147433016144400384

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i hope vince carter wins a title

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1148449225832902656

Lakers going to have to throw Kuz in the mid-season trade to avoid the curse.

Welp it was nice knowing you Kuz. Hopefully you get signed after you go to rehab so we can get another “WHO WAS ON CRACK!!!!” moment.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Cp3 is old and busted and should retire

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Wow I am shocked that Grayson Allen, noted collegiate piece of poo poo, is an NBA piece of poo poo.

Shocked.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Is there a limit to how far out traded picks can be? If Lebron has another baby today, can a team trade for a 2038 first rounder to lock that pick in?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

IBentMyWookie posted:

Yeah what an rear end in a top hat that he agreed to a sign and trade so his old team got some good trade bait instead of leaving them with nothing. And to think people thought KD was unappreciated by warrior fans.

He did it for the Nets, not the Warriors.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The State Farm commercial where James Harden burns down Chris Paul’s kitchen makes a lot of sense in hindsight

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

IBentMyWookie posted:

No one seriously believes the Warrior fans appreciated KD. poo poo you’re calling him a snake lol after he won you two championships.

Those two things can coexist.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

KD just wanted to make some moves because he wants to be like GM Lebron

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Spacebump posted:

I wish an athlete would ask them why they don't do that in an interview.

And when the reporter says “because we don’t have a salary cap” what will the athlete say

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Spacebump posted:

Their salary cap is called a show budget.

Depending on the notoriety of the reporter, do you think that will have an influence on the show budget year to year?

(You’re arguing apples and moon dust)

For example, a lone reporter/anchor’s salary can raise an entire show budget. But nobody’s single salary is going to force the cap to go up.

colachute fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 13, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Rad Valtar posted:

This forever. People complain about Draymond yelling at refs. Malone makes Draymond look shy in comparison.

Draymond is a piece of poo poo on the court but I just hold that against Draymond the basketball player. He still seems like someone I would hang out with.

Karl Malone is a piece of poo poo all around.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jesus Rocket posted:

Oh gosh won't someone think of the celebrities!

They are not allowed to be depressed or unhappy or angry or any other emotion but happy all the time because they can just wipe their tears away with money.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Dirk is one of the GOATs and I hope he gets recognized as such

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/1150759153524191237?s=20

It's kind of nuts they couldn't turn JR into anything

is it really though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

As much as I dislike LBJ the basketball player (because I’m an irrational sports fan of course), I can’t think of a better mentor to young players and I hope Zion reaches out to him or vice versa. I don’t feel like Zion is as committed as I originally thought and I really, really want him to be successful in the NBA. He’s so fun to watch.

Thanks for reading my morning poop thoughts.