Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Apparently people were legit concerned he was gonna fall off cause he looked hammered and the guard rail only went up to his knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

R.D. Mangles posted:

i could see wiggins going to the heat or spurs and learning how to play basketball.

https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY/status/1140795497214558213

Not a bad idea IMO. Either the Heat continue running on the treadmill or they managed to teach Wiggins a work ethic and he lives up to his potential and plays like he does against OKC every game.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

tanglewood1420 posted:

"and we have never planned in any way to ask for permission to speak to him during our process" i.e. we sounded him out via backchannels and he wasn't interested, so we decided not to officially approach the Raptors.

He Stay

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Poor Boston, only having 3 successful sports teams

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Horford on the sixers(instead of Harris) might be good

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lockback posted:

I think so. I'd probably say it was closer to a tie, but it forced to choose I think Siakam's scoring and constant transition threat was more important. I mean, Toronto really got help from a ton of guys on that roster though, so it's kind of an academic-only type argument.

The difference between the Raptors wins and losses were basically if Siakam had a bad shooting night or not.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dejan Bimble posted:

Chris was still a top 5 pg last year, he was just hurt for the playoffs so it didn't matter. He should sit out 40 games this year so he's fresh for the playoff

He needs some Kawhi style load management

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

There's gotta be a better name for that trio

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: what a shocker

I wonder how long they drag this poo poo out before they quietly try to sweep it under the rug.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/ESPNEID/status/1142144909144743938
He fly private

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Can someone tell me why the Knicks traded Porzingis, maybe the most promising player they've drafted in X amount of years?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hawks are probably still tanking for another season and getting Evan Turner helps with that

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

euphronius posted:

Ujiri not winning exec of the year is a crime what the gently caress

Aren't the awards decided before playoffs? Bucks went from a 7th seed to statistically the best team in the league so I can see why Horst got it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:hellyeah:

Losing Kawhi would suck but losing Masai would be devastating.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gonna be funny when Boston gets Kemba and Rozier poisons the locker room out of spite

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MourningView posted:

Are they even going to keep him? I figured they'd let him walk for whatever dumb contract someone will give him (any contract offered to Terry Rozier is by definition dumb), especially if they get another PG.

All I know is Ainge has always spoken highly of Rozier(and he's survived through multiple trades) and Rozier has always been pretty vocal about wanting that starting 1 spot. Maybe someone gives him an offer, who knows

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 25, 2019

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

tanglewood1420 posted:

Why would the Rockets be after Butler? Yes he's a plus defender (though for how long as he ages is questionable), but offensively I don't see how he fits with Harden and CP3. Tobias Harris would be a great fit for them at the 4.

I think it's less about fit and just more 'add as much talent as possible' which honestly isn't such a bad strategy. Chemistry wise though, yeah that's seems like a powder keg.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thumper57 posted:

I was sad when PJ Tucker didn't re-sign with Toronto, but I got it because he wanted to win a championship and took a pay cut for a better chance at it.

Hahaha

Yeah I wonder if he regrets that now. Though if we kept Tucker we wouldn't have Kevin Love bodying CJ miles like 6 times in a row and maybe Masai hesitates to fire Casey

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Drunk Canuck posted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHAMPIONS BABY

FEELS GOOD TO SAY

BECAUSE THE 2019 NBA PLAYOFF WINNERS ARE THE TORONTO RAPTORS.
:hai:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I always believed (except when the Bucks beat us in the regular season and we went down 0-2 in the postseason)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Carlosologist posted:

Boston turning into a treadmill team after accumulating assets for the whole decade is hilarious

Hindsight is always 20/20 but ending up with none of Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard when all of them have been available during that period definitely seems like a missed opportunity.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

a new study bible! posted:

Watching these machinations turn in an attempt to create another Lakers dynasty is gross.

It was inevitable when Lebron signed there

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

You know this tweet is a year old right?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Really starting to feel that no-basketball mood hard now. Cmon summer league

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rick posted:

I would not normally post things from Reddit but this should be seen.

lmao

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Am I wrong for thinking Kyrie is massively overrated

He's a really good second option. His history as the leader/first option has...not been good

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Team exploring options to add Good Players to their team. More at 11

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mcmagic posted:

There is no way KD is going to a second rate franchise like the Nets. They are about a billion times more second rate than the Clippers are.

The nets have actually been to the finals

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:hmmyes:

also lol knicks

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Steven Adams is like the oldest looking young dude in the league

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hand Knit posted:

Someone give me a good thread title.

lol knicks

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

iamsosmrt posted:

I really need to see Horford's presser whenever it happens. It seemed like he was linked to the Sixers since he opted out and I'm super curious about why.

He wanted to play for a contender and the Sixers took the champs to 7 games

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Dallas palefaces

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Guess I'm not sleeping tonight :f5:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I think it's because most everyone disrespecting or underrating Jokic. He should have gotten serious MVP consideration but ended up 4th in voting. PG13 was in 3rd place when OKC ended up as a 6th seed.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Future finals mvp vote getter

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

xbilkis posted:

Making the Timberwolves accept the scraps of the DLo S+T is the coldest poo poo I've ever seen

Probably included a printout of the 2009 NBA draft selections too

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I figured out why Butler when to Miami

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1030523836138237953?lang=en

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I thoughtt Wizards were adamant about not moving Beal? But Pistons would be really good if they got him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Le Saboteur posted:

This guy has to be boosting his account, got like 9 tweets and 18k followers and just joined yesterday.

He apparently knew about and leaked the Al Horford to Sixers trade before it happened. How this makes him an insider on Lakers/Kawhi is anyone's guess.