Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

^^^ what’s great about these three posts is that nobody cares about what happens to the Knickerbockers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

blue squares posted:

Nbastreams is now back, apparently: https://nbabite.com/

I get the impression that there was some drama at some point in nbastreams and a changing of the guard. One faction opened a discord and they've put up https://sportsurge.net/ as an nbastreams landing spot ... but I don't know who is behind what or what is reputable or otherwise.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Poque posted:

All Celtics Are Bad

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Bill Simmons is so butt hurt on his podcast today. It's wonderful.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Watching Perk and Iggy on The Jump, I bet there's plenty of opportunity for someone to come up with some charismatic and fun characters to take on TNT. Kenny and Charles are fun, but if they had competent competition, I bet the shine would develop a significant patina.

Matt Barnes, Richard Jefferson, plenty of people who might have better takes than Charles Barkley.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Kemba was 3rd in the league in FGA/game. They don't have enough shots to go around as it is. Shouldn't the Celtics look for a pass-first PG like Rubio, rather than Kyrie 2.0?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Holy poo poo my take must have been a steaming pile of Stephen A. Smith. I apologize.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Maybe it'll be Bugs, Daffy, and Taz rounding out the roster. I mean, who needs Pat Bev when you have the mother loving Tasmanian Devil?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1013577087289118721

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

You know this tweet is a year old right?

Of course.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Klay to the Lakers, Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1144605880949923840

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

He'll go to the Clippers on the condition that Ballz moves them back to Seattle.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Woj trades favors for access. The other side of that is vindictive-spirited spin on his editorial conjecture where it concerns those who don't give him access, or worse, those who give their scoops to rivals.

tldr; Woj cashing them Ballmer checks.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

morestuff posted:

Make The Lakers Great Again

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/regularbarnett/status/1145008427560665089

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

There are quite a few stories about this from this past season. Are you a Celtics fan? The gist of it is that they were a good team the year before when he was injured and this past season he came off as a selfish leader who regularly threw the younger guys under the bus.

Theres also the story about how [Superlative] [Superlative] Coach Brad Stevens prioritized MAGA Hayward's reps over the needs/wants of the youngsters and that's embittered them to a degree.

:D

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/mingramjr/status/1145309354100482050?s=19

This is my first time seeing this video and I have to report it gives me superpowers seeing Kawhi destroy the hopes and dreams lf such young 76er fans.

They deserve it for that terrible seventy sixers song.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1145371711488921600

No poo poo, Woj.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they are millionaires, what team they play for isn’t going to impact their living situations that much.

Every time I go outside here in the god forsaken magaburbs of Houston, I remember how much a paradise coastal Southern California was for the first three and a half decades of my life. If I were a millionaire or whatever I would prioritize the ability to comfortably go outside, for sure.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 30, 2019

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

So, on the podcast, Windy and [Superlative] Jackie Mac were rolling their eyes at how the Lakers seem to have built a super team out of nothing but location and history. Then later [Superlative] [Superlative] Jackie Mac was talking about how Paul Pierce was *crying* when he was being traded to the Nets and made her point that GMs, in order to be successful, have to be heartless and unmoved by their connections to their players.

Now, feel free to burn me down if I'm wrong, but the huge Kobe contract at the end of his career wasn't the only time that the Lakers took care of their players instead of making the "correct business decision." I seem to remember Shaq being asked about what teams he'd prefer to go to on his way to Miami. I think Miami was his second choice. Also, stories like Turiaf's huge heart surgery was paid for by the team even though the Lakers weren't obligated to cover it. IIRC when Caron Butler was to be traded, he was accommodated on what team he preferred, resulting in a lesser deal for the team, but good will for a good player.

These things that hacks like Jackie Mac call "dumb" are what may earn the Lakers a little respect from players. The smug typical Laker fan is annoying, for sure, but do you agree that there is some truth to the Lakers' org doing right by their players when other teams The Celtics typically may not?

duodenum fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 1, 2019

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

There have been an inordinate number of star players with a specific name pattern:

- Unusual two syllable first name beginning with K
- Last name of an old white dude

Kobe Bryant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

I am intrigued. I thought as a Spurs fan your hate for the Lakers would be pure. It seems you are weak of spirit

There's probably a dirty Bruce Bowen-like angle in here somewhere.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

MelancholyMark posted:

Kawhi to the Lakers means no load management as every game he, Lebron and AD will play 40 min, leading him to reaggravate his injury

Just have to get into the playoffs. With three players like that, you can run two of them at a time next to a team of D-league all stars and make the playoffs. They'll just have to be active before the trade deadline. Maybe Jesus Shuttlesworth can still shoot, who knows.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Does Los Angeles have any rapsters? They could have a rapp-off.

They shot Nipsy Hussle, so.... nope. We're fresh out of them rapper types.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/GotEm_Coach/status/1146560056105848834

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWr-SC8Hsyc

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

If Kawhi goes to the Clippers, he should go on condition that Ballz moves the team to Seattle. He'd be a hero.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Holy crap, god drat I love the NBA.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Stagger_Lee posted:

The Leonard/PG fit on offense is interesting. Both amazing two-way players, but neither one is like an incredible passer. Both can shoot and I don't think there will be pecking order problems, and the defense should be incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou Will/Trezl was still the least stagnant part of that offense, though.

I love both KL and PG's complete games. Beverly is going to be so motivated, Lou is going to torch motherfuckers.

God drat, gently caress the Clippers.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

We're going to get 4 regular season matches between Lebron/AD and Kawaaaii/PG13 and it's going to be an incredible playoff atmosphere each time.

I hope everyone stays healthy, because Lebron is old and the other three have missed a lot of time these past few years, so it could amount to nothing. :\

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Fully looking forward to the Lakers swinging and missing at signing Giannis in 2021

We have Kareem buttering him up right now talking about how he could follow in the footsteps of the current GOAT, going from the Bucks to the Lakers and winning 5 more rings, to become the new GOAT.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Simmons: Don't look at my consistently overhyped trash fire, look at the Lakers and how silly they are with those two hall of famers.

edit: gently caress the Celtics

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

There's like 5 teams in the west that can come out on top this year and I love it.

I hope Klay comes back strong for the playoffs, it'll be a bloodbath.

Denver, Utah, and Portland could finish on top of the standings because Clippers and Lakers will be managing minutes and Warriors are a man down. There'll be some crazy first round match ups.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

My way too early standings guess is:

Utah
DEN
GS
LAC
LAL
POR
HOU
NOP/SAC/SAS (can’t decide)

But obviously all depends on game totals for the stars. LAC needs to get 110+ games from Kawhi and PG to get HCA first round, LAL needs 140+ from LeBron and AD to not be the 8 seed, imo (all other teams being healthy).

Oh crap I forgot about HOU! Wow. Relegate the East!

And it would be loving awesome to see NOP in the 8th seed, Zion getting playoff reps in year one. Alvin Gentry can pull that team together, that'll be fun.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

After next season, do you think DeRozan declines his player option and goes back to the Raptors?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's going to be awesome seeing Curry take all the shots and blow the gently caress up like his 402 season. It's going to be awesome seeing more Magic from Luka. Lakers, Clippers, Utah. Jokic taking teams apart like Arvydas. Celtics losing to the Sixers. Celtics losing to the Nets. Celtics losing to the Bucks.

If only League Pass wasn't such a $250 burning sack of dog poo poo, I would totally pay real money for it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

That's awesome. Here's the list for fun.

1. Stephen Curry 402 2015-16
2. James Harden 378 2018-19
3. Stephen Curry 354 2018-19
4. Stephen Curry 324 2016-17
5. Paul George 292 2018-19
6. Stephen Curry 286 2014-15
7. Buddy Hield 278 2018-19
8. Klay Thompson 276 2015-16
9. Stephen Curry 272 2012-13
10. Ray Allen* 269 2005-06
11. Klay Thompson 268 2016-17
12. Dennis Scott 267 1995-96
13. James Harden 265 2017-18
14. James Harden 262 2016-17
15. Stephen Curry 261 2013-14
16. Kemba Walker 260 2018-19
17. George McCloud 257 1995-96
18. Eric Gordon 246 2016-17
19. Isaiah Thomas 245 2016-17
20. Paul George 244 2017-18

Curry is going to blow this up this year.