Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
NBAstreams was basically just a link for two stable websites if you can remember what those two were then you wont miss the subreddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Welp there goes the thin hope that Memphis is in love with Barrett or something

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Poque posted:

All Celtics Are Bad

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

Because the Knicks deserve nothing but pain and suffering from now until the end of time.

Alternate answer: Because he was accused of rape but that seems to have faded away and was probably bullshit? I’m not sure

I think it was more that the new front office moved him while he was still at his highest value. Casual fans aren't the only ones who noticed that KP kept getting injured and was visibly tired early on in the season. I think that was the main reason why they could only get DSJ and some filler since probably everyone around the league was only offering something as valuable as that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

They sent him along with salary because they decided they didn't want to wait for a real rebuild and try to buy a team this offseason.

We'll, uhh, we'll see how that goes.

KP was on a cheap contract and it would have been ideal to pair him with new FAs this year since he'd be coming off the ACL tear in time for it. They just denied his rookie extension in order to get 10 mil more to play with while keeping him a RFA.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

There’s no way they got the highest value for him. Compare his trade to anyone of his caliber traded recently and it’s pennies on the dollar. It’s pure #Knickstape

I think they did. He wanted out, everyone knew it, he's a great prospect but he's a gamble between the injuries and the conditioning so far in the league. Plus I doubt he resigns in NO so it's not like the AD trade was ever realistic. I think it's just typical overrating Knicks players that made his trade value considered that much higher.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

"game winner" is stretching the definition for a shot to widen the lead to 12 points

In the 3league getting to 50 is game over

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

#40's got hops but #10's got NBA flopping potential

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

What are reasonable expectations for Porzingis next season?

He's been back running drills for a bit now and should be good to go for the season. If he's back from the ACL tear you got yourself a reliable second option volume scorer behind Doncic. Also he's a better rebounder than his stats indicate since he was just always next to a black hole rebounder. Biggest issues were conditioning and injuries other than that he's pretty much a star and still like 22 years old, but the conditioning and constant injuries are big risks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I like the Knicks mopily building a mediocre lottery team after losing out on the Zion pick from the all out tank

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Crazy Ted posted:

Emmanuel Mudiay: the rare player of whom you can say he showed some measure of improvement over the past season and is still replacement-level at best.

He was rear end. He got better at driving to the basket but still resorted to a ton of janky mid range shots that miraculously went in a lot. Complete poo poo on defense to almost non-existent so he's like an 8th man or something for benches with no scorers, I guess.

DSJ was somehow worse but I guess he's two years younger and has more allure as a prospect so I dunno, my team is trash.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's a compelling reddit research post showing how Woj is basically a shill for whatever GM is currently feeding him information and that happens to be the Clippers right now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't know why Harden being hated by Utah is the most racist thing I've seen today but it is

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather have AD+Lebron+Good Role Players than AD+Lebron+Star+vet minimum trash. Considering AD deals with nagging injuries all the time and Lebron is starting to become mortal that Lakers team will probably be banged up to all hell by the time playoffs roll around.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Coby White's hair sucks he's gonna be Elfrid Payton 1.0

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Horford is 33 and has only had 3 healthy seasons out of 12, but sure, max him

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Harrison Barnes Agent is the best agent in the association

He's a 26 year old wing that fit pretty well last year for them, plus Sacramento has been looking for a SF for like 20 years now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Maybe 22m a year was a lot when Joe Johnson got it but now that's like a fifth of a teams average space and there's only so many FAs willing to go to other teams that are worth that much money.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Klays the real talent in Oakland, this is a true statement, can't be argued against

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That reddit post about Woj being a Clipper shill is becoming more true every minute

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's cool that we're defending Collinson getting brain washed into joining a cult and ruining his career

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Woj, clippers shill, etc. etc.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Woj has seriously reported every single FA to the Clippers so far. It sucks because he used to be the ultimate scoop machine and now he's becoming more of another useless ESPN talking head

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I didnt even want those losers in blue and orange anyhow!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Glumslinger posted:

Him, Conley and Mitchell is going to be great, especially with Gobert to clean everything up on defense

Ya that Utah team looks nasty now especially if Mitchell can move into a sixth man role

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
DSJ/Barrett/Kawhi/Randle/Mitchell is going to be one of the most lethal young starting five in the NBA honestly the nets are fools

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
In this free agency the Knicks didn't sign anyone stupid to a massive 4 year deal which is a win

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The nets are cool and good and getting Kyrie/Durant on a team in the NY area is still pretty cool. Knicks still don't feel that hopeless either so it's not a total wash in free agency

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How in the world are the Sixers going to keep Simmons or Embiid when their contracts are up?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

???

Bird rights ?

Oh wait I just realized Embiid's contract is up inline with Horford so that won't be that bad. It's Simmons that'll probably have to walk in two years time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like everything can be traced back to the dumbass Warrior's health staff

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mavs really trying to build an all white team huh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Katana_Warrior posted:

Well, he's a frontcourt player who can probably hit 3's. Good job Portland.

He was trash as gently caress trying to hit anything last year. His biggest contribution was boards off the bench.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I thought the main rival of the Celtics was the Lakers who the gently caress cares about interdivisional rivalries in basketball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Absolutely loving the Knicks FA so far. Sucks that they struck out on all the big names but these are a bunch of solid pick ups that can help make Knox and Barrett not look like a bunch of flailing rookies. Two year deals all over the place to get ready for 2021 free agency is pretty cool and smart.

It's not been a great FA but it's loads better than years past

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

Knicks made a lot of moves, they basically reshaped their roster.

DSJ/Elfrid
Bullock/Wayne Ellington/Trier/Dotson??
Knox/Barrett
Julius Randle/Taj
Mitchell/Bobby P

Still poo poo but maybe they got some trade pieces with Portis/Taj/Bullock/Ellington when the teams garbage and contenders need spot role players.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This years gonna be such a poo poo storm

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Aaron Gordon is "okay".

Yea he doesn't suck out loud. Hyper athletic rebounder, hit's 3's at a decent clip, and is great at finishing at the rim. His problem is all those janky mid range shots. Literally takes more of those than driving to the basket where he's almost twice as better

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Honestly more power to him. I'd rather players have the power to shape teams than billion dollar owners, especially when it produces fun teams like AD/Lebron or the new Clipper Cavalcade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

I can’t imagine how the Knicks have the salary to send back

Nor would I want him anywhere near R.J. Barrett that has got to be the worst person to mentor that man