Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

Im just glad that I’ve literally never said anything positive about Andrew Wiggins in my life

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

OzFactor posted:

What the gently caress kind of sheriff's deputy can afford a "high-profile" lawyer? Alternate question: what the gently caress kind of "high-profile civil rights attorney" is taking a case of a cop against a civilian?

Cursory research reveals he represents law enforcement unions

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

That’s Mastagni, Jr - I mean, he might be involved also, but the guy interviewed in the article is Sr.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
EXCLUSIVE - the glorified mall cop suffered a concussion when he reeled his head back in surprise at the sight of a Black Male in a Suit. The Cop, clenching his jaw in an effort to maintain control and stop himself from pulling his sidearm, suffered a tempular mandibular injury. He has been unable to open his mouth wide enough to fit a donut in it and has been unable to work due to lack of nutrition. David Mastagni, Sr will represent the civil suit against the NBA, Canada, and Armani.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Beautiful - setting the table for Jimmy Butler and Al Horford. Can’t wait

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo8Ls80pi0w

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

BWV posted:

from my understanding the "special treatment" thing was more about him refusing to sit anywhere but the front of the bus.

Lol

Do they still make Weapons?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

homphgomph posted:

So this is just an aside but I was trying to fiddle around with modding in some raptors in 2k, through a combination of not knowing what I'm doing and Blenders lovely interface I was ultimately unsuccessful, but I figured I'd share this

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

I told you I'd be up in a minute mom, im doing Assets

No mom don’t come down here! Nothing, just listening to Nate Duncan talk about the AD trade I swear!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Point Center, Power Center, and Shooting Center

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

leftist heap posted:

Yeah I don't see how the Bucks get down to signing Horford territory. That's crazy talk.

All of the young teams building around stars now makes me think about how insanely important it is to be very careful with who you bring in, because with the way the CBA works you're going to be "stuck" with that to a certain extent once your young stars start getting paid. For better or worse teams like Philly and Milwaukee are now in a position where their best move is to bring everyone back because they don't have the flexibility to do otherwise for the most part. I'm not saying that any of those teams are in a bad position (the opposite really in the case of Philly and Milwaukee), but you realistically only get one proper shot at putting guys around a young core and it's pretty interesting to watch it unfold.

I hope NOP take their time. They have a lot of potential and will be fun to watch without shoehorning in any vets. The good news is they have a whole new operations team and probably won’t make the same mistakes the previous FO did.

Randle opted out right? What’s that situation looking like?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Kibner posted:

Yes, he opted out. He will likely want more than the team is willing to pay him. I hope he gets paid.

He had a great year. He’s limited but talented. Who do you hope they bring in? I’m assuming a traditional 5, but that may not be the case. I know they have J Okafor if they want to keep him

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Kibner posted:

I have no opinion on the matter, tbh. I like watching Jah. Trading the #4 for #8 and #10 from the Hawks and getting a center with one of those picks would be cool. If the Nets sign Horford and Kyrie, see if we can trade the #4 (or the #8 and #10) for Allen or something. I dunno.

Allen would be dope. Makes sense to not care too much - lots of moving parts already, and there are always a lot of 5s out there it seems like. Jah didn’t look too bad last year either from what I saw

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Walrus posted:

Here is Fred VanVleet not being drafted 4 years ago. gently caress yeah.

https://twitter.com/CJToledano/status/1141837098929967106

gently caress yea. Gotta respect the grind. From undrafted to 5 votes away from Finals MVP.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1141873391420551169

My god.

Elite Hair tool, and seemingly has a solid reaction face tool.

I cannot wait.

Bro. What does mine say?
WOW. But what does mine say?
BRO! What’s mine say???
WOWWW

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol do I scout college? My man I actively oppose watching college ball. All of the teams get an F for perpetuating the NCAA system.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Horford was my playoff MVP last year (pre Finals) and he was almost as good this year. The man can ball.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Crazy stuff - I just saw the body cam footage. The cop is going in for a congratulatory hug and a peck on the cheek and Masai just lays him out. Brutal. It wasn’t his credentials in his hand, he was packing his fist with rolls of loonies.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lobok posted:

And toonies in the other fist so he could hit the cop with the ol' $1, $2.

Lol nice

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's a good question, so I looked it up, he played 3 games with Sacramento in 2013-14, 3 minutes per game, maybe whyteryce remembers. Searching further, Big3 players needn't have played in the NBA before, just a pro league somewhere

RoyceWhite / WhiteRyce huh? :thunk:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't know what this podcast is but i am posting this because this is one of the most astonishibg gifs I've ever seen https://twitter.com/danfavale/status/1143257995649961984?s=19

Terrifying. He’s absolutely coming for my soul and my spirit

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
PJ Tucker seems too important for them to let go

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

i tend to think hes 34 years old and it might be a sell high situation if he can moved in a deal

That was my thought, he’s getting old, but he still looked pretty good last year. Of course it all depends on what they would be getting back.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

The Pelicans don't have to be the team that takes those players on and it doesn't need to be Alex Carusso. It's possible, it also can't be done before July 6th so the Lakers at that point will probably have their answer from Kawhi/Kemba.

In that scenario is AD also waiving his trade kicker, or is it factored in?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

AD would not have waived 4 mill for “roster guys”

The $4 mil number 23 jersey. Now LBJ can push the Lakers to let him wear #8 to commemorate his 8 straight finals appearances.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The Kings have kept so much room simply for the purpose of offering potential Lakers “minimum” guys too much money to turn down.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

It’s not, they had rights on both. They just didn’t want to pay gigantic tax to keep them

Yea the worst part of KD taking the paycut is it didn’t actually do anything but save the Kind Job Creator Group tax money.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I agree about Barnes - he fills an important role for the young Kings team. They don’t need him to be the 3rd best guy on a championship run. They have a lot of work to do before that’s remotely a possibility.

They need an affordable SF that hits 3s, isn’t a sieve on defense, is athletic, and can work late shot clock ISOs. You can’t ask much more of him and if you’re the Kings you’re not gonna be able to get much more from anyone else.

Edit: plus he’s not Justin Jackson

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ve enjoyed Horfords game so much the past few years I’d love it if he came to the Kings also. I don’t necessarily see that happening but the defense would improve greatly so they can start Bagley at the 4, he can drill spot up and transition 3s, and he’s a smart player who makes few mistakes. He’d be a great teacher to Bagley and Giles and we can trade him to the Rockets in 2 years for CP3, Danuel House, and Gary Clark.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Spacebump posted:

excuse me Justin Jackson's small Mavs sample size owned.

Welcome to the Hell Treadmill. He absolutely torched the Warriors last year for Sac. Maybe he’ll have it some day, but every other day he certainly does not

Jan 5 2019, 28 pts, -3, Kings lose 127-123

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's my favorite type of guy on a rebuilding team. Scrappy hustling defender who puts his life on the line to ball

I will Stan for my alma mater man!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to submit the controversial opinion to the thread that signing Harrison Barnes to a four-year deal that pays him $22 million a year is actually bad

What would you rather the Kings do?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

iamsosmrt posted:

They'd almost certainly break the record for the tallest starting lineup, right? The hypothetical shortest guy would be Josh Richardson at 6'6.

Not when they start Isaiah Thomas at pg

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Butler was instrumental in the Sixers post season success, but I like Gordon and Tucker on that team too. I’m not sure that’s that significant of a downgrade. PJ is getting old but he fits in defensively and can hit corner 3s consistently, and Gordon was like second in 3PA last postseason wasn’t he? Anyways Horford should sign with the Kings.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I will be so disgusted if Wiggins finds his way to the Kings, unless they attach KAT

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Have you guys watched Wiggins play? This optimism about him is really disconcerting. The right situation for him to ball out in is China.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It pains me to say so, but Wiggins is at best a lowercase-a asset.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

creamcorn posted:

andrew wiggins positives: incredibly huge neck, takeo spikes comparisons, born in city where they solved racism.
andrew wiggins negatives: cannot play offense, defense, or special teams despite takeo spikes-esque neck.

Lmfao it looks like somebody shot that ball out of a cannon at him and he’s flying backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kings moves are fine, Jazz and Pels will be very fun, Sixers better get Kawhi, Rubio getting the bag lmfao