Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
A great day for the world.

Where were you during the OJ Simpson chase and verdict?

I don't remember where I was during the chase, but I do remember the verdict. We listened to it on the radio during recess. I have no idea why, but 8 year-old me kept insisting that he was innocent. So when they announced it, I ran around the playground shouting "I told you he was innocent!" A classmate tried to tell me that "not guilty" and "innocent" were two different things, but I ignored him.

He totally did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
his son did it and he took the heat

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
meanwhile, the rest of the world gave 0 fucks. what is mr Juice famous for anyway? golf? cricket?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Stevie Lee posted:

his son did it and he took the heat

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The guy from Naked Gun movie got in a car chase.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
If the cock don't fit, you must unzip.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
There are so many Mandela universe millennials who swear they watched the white bronco chase at school, but it was 6 to 8 pm local time, or 9 to 11 pm eastern time. It interrupted the NBA Finals, I vividly remember that. Even if it wasn't at night, school is over in much of the country by June 17. Do these people combine the chase and the verdict?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Can you imagine being so football that you can murder

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How does OJ Simpson start his computer?

// RUN RUN

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why they call it football instead of murderegg??

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
When he came home there was a man in his house.

He had a mechanical arm!

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
That highly chiseled woman in OP's video insists that if OJ Simpson were black that this never would have happened. You've given us all much to think about, OP

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pinecone Sample posted:

There are so many Mandela universe millennials who swear they watched the white bronco chase at school, but it was 6 to 8 pm local time, or 9 to 11 pm eastern time. It interrupted the NBA Finals, I vividly remember that. Even if it wasn't at night, school is over in much of the country by June 17. Do these people combine the chase and the verdict?

No, we totally watched in it school. They brought the TV's in so we could see the White Ford Shuttle go on a high speed chase and then it exploded with OJ MacAuliffe on board.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
everyone in my 7th grade class believed he was innocent because everyone knew the lapd are racist shitheads

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

As a husky white kid in Wisconsin, I remember thinking he was guilty and didn't understand why the jury said, "Not Guilty." I didn't pay attention to any of the ins and outs of the trial at the time, and was probably mostly absorbing my attitude from the adults around me.

As an adult I got into a bunch of OJ stuff for a few weeks, (the 30-for-30, the TV show from the American Horror Story guys), and was like, "Yup, the LAPD screwed the pooch on that case so hard, the jury literally couldn't convict him."

I'm absolutely convinced Marc Furman moved the bloody glove from the crime scene to OJ's house. Because he's a dumb, little man who could gently caress up a wet dream... or make a slam-dunk murder case impossible to charge.

gently caress Marc Furman, and gently caress the LAPD.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

LabyaMynora posted:

gently caress Marc Furman

Those drat furries ruin everything.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

yeah i def remember watching it unfold on tv with my parents after dinner when the sun was going down

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I was six months old so probably suckin on some tiddies.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

A black man I respect once told me that he cheered when OJ got off, not because he thinks OJ wasn't guilty, but because he used his wealth and power to get off just like a rich white guy and that was an important milestone in race relations

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

All I remember was being pissed I couldn't watch Power Rangers because my parents couldn't stop watching some rear end in a top hat I've never heard of drive his Bronco on the highway.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

A black man I respect once told me that he cheered when OJ got off, not because he thinks OJ wasn't guilty, but because he used his wealth and power to get off just like a rich white guy and that was an important milestone in race relations

I've heard this take before and honestly, it's understandable.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I was six so I was playing with toys while the news was on TV. Jurassic Park was my world at the time sorry.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wait I thought MJ was the one who used his wealth and power to get off like a rich white guy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ArbitraryC posted:

I've heard this take before and honestly, it's understandable.

Yea it's understandable to be excited at the prospect of whole new demographics of rich exploiting the system.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wait I thought MJ was the one who used his wealth and power to get off like a rich white guy

No, he used his wealth and power to get off rich white kids.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

OJ happened when I was in college during a phase where I was one of those don’t-even-own-a-TV assholes. I remember the few times I did tune in to what was going on, I hated the non stop circus sideshow aspect the news was starting to take on, and how the murder trial of a former NFL player had completely taken over as the only story. The TRIAL OF THE CENTURY! THINK OF THE RATINGS! I was getting a strong sense that America was fully embracing stupidity in its media consumption and taking a very bad turn and would only get worse. I guess the car chase was exciting but I missed it. :shrug:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
TBH it's a pretty forgettable car chase.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Looks a bit hi-res for 90s tv.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

I was bartending and irritated at every tv in the drat bar showing this slow motion car chase. I wanted to change the channel but all the customers were fascinated so no dice.

God I can't believe that was 25 years ago

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea it's understandable to be excited at the prospect of whole new demographics of rich exploiting the system.

in the 50s the cops might have just murdered him for daring to be a famous actor, or for marrying a white woman, possibly preventing the murder

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poverty goat posted:

in the 50s the cops might have just murdered him for daring to be a famous actor, or for marrying a white woman, possibly preventing the murder

Yes and that is lame too, but "They treated him like a white man because he's rich." is also lame.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The chase I watched at home on the couch, just kind of marveling at the fact that Nordberg was about to go down for murder.

As for the verdict, my 8th grade Science teacher rolled in a TV and aired it live. She didn't do poo poo most of the time anyway, and I honor her memory by trying to do the exact opposite with my students. Anyway, when the foreman read the verdict, the one mixed-race girl (African-American/white) in a class full of white/Latino/Vietnamese kids screamed out "Yes!" as the rest of us looked at each other in disbelief.

It sort of drove home a lesson I'd never had about a racial divide that I wasn't able to see as a white kid, particularly in regards to how the police were perceived. It was probably the most enduring thing I learned in that class, the one memory that really still stands out amongst useless worksheets, the drill-and-kill memorization, and the complete lack of lab work.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-GJhEoRVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We really don’t need two oj threads. Sorry op be faster, funnier, or something.