Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
i havent watched any aew but it, logically, has to be better than wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

Watch double or nothing it's really good op

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

I haven't watched any WWE weekly shows in like 3 years and stopped watching PPVs quite a while ago before cancelling; my wife stopped watching completely long before I did because the product sucked so much rear end and she got tired of how bad the women's roster was booked. Aside from the odd NXT or NJPW stuff here and there I didn't really watch any wrestling as of late. Not lying when I say Double or Nothing pretty much got me back into it again because of how loving great it was and even my wife watched most of it because she loved the stuff like the joshi match. It's an entirely different dimension from the dogshit WWE is shoveling out right now.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Post wrestling events/moments better than current WWE here are my choices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5dJ1Br91A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plM7CMmlwlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7v_kCsZtiY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Double Or Nothing is easily my favorite US PPV of the decade and the only reason it's not my fav event of the whole year is because DDT came to America that one time :swoon:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do we know who nuBray will fight once he gets out of the Firefly Funhouse?

Who could they use? And will they be so stupid as to have him lose the feud?

From what I've heard: Finn, Big E (in a tease to break up new day which they won't do), or Roode swapping in for AJ due to his injury.

And yes.

Yes they will.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'll say it. EC3 deserves better.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Everyone on the roster deserves better

Well... not Lars

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Wonder if Bryan, someone they pay several millions a year, will be on the pre-show again or just not be on the PPV at all.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Wonder if Bryan, someone they pay several millions a year, will be on the pre-show again or just not be on the PPV at all.
They're primarily paying him not to wrestle for another company

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Did you forget about Brock's deal or what

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Raskolnikov38 posted:

finally, under double digits for a raw GDT

I solemnly vow to not even threadshit in the raw gameday and propose that somebody creates a weekly "I am not watching RAW" thread where we learn about birds and watch old steve regal matches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like a "Lets Watch Anything Besides RAW" thread would just turn into the reverse where a bunch of WWE fans would poo poo post about RAW results.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

a bunch of WWE fans

You're overestimating how much people care about WWE still

Yesterday's Raw GDT had 9 people with over ten posts in it, and a third of those 9 were a) the mod who only watches so he can make these discussion threads, b) Darkstar who's getting progressively more fed up because he can't even lie about the joshi being treated right anymore, and c) Cavauro

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Steve Regal is one of Tony Schiavone's favourite wrestlers but he does not get La Parka. A man of contradictions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yesterday's Raw GDT had 9 people with over ten posts in it, and a third of those 9 were a) the mod who only watches so he can make these discussion threads, b) Darkstar who's getting progressively more fed up because he can't even lie about the joshi being treated right anymore, and c) Cavauro

I'm sure, but I have no doubt that there's still that dedicated group of people who can't make themselves not watch on Monday nights and another group that still watches but doesn't take part in the discussions because they find they worsen their experience. And I could see them getting a kick out of giving back.

Which isn't to say I'm saying don't do it or that's terrible or anything. It was just my first reaction.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
drat I wish Bryan hadn't re-signed he could be doing amazing poo poo in AEW. Isn't he friends with Cody also?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
No one posted cause we were all there!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Just because you have a billion people blocked doesn't mean there's not posters. There's 21 individuals on the first page :lol:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Just because you have a billion people blocked doesn't mean there's not posters. There's 21 individuals on the first page :lol:

who cares

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dylan McKay posted:

drat I wish Bryan hadn't re-signed he could be doing amazing poo poo in AEW. Isn't he friends with Cody also?

this is the story of dozens of WWE people, though probably not Bryan. People like The Revival and Sasha reupped contracts right before AEW started moving the gears towards DoN and a TV plan. I doubt we'll see many falloffs until like 2021 besides like, Luke Harper at the end of the year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Revival did not actually re-up. Their deal comes due in 2nd quarter 2020 after WWE enacted extensions from the time they both missed due to injuries.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Yesterday's Raw GDT had 9 people with over ten posts in it

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3892121 9 people with over ten posts in yesterday's Raw GDT

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big article about noted WWE fan Max Landis.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/max-landis-8-women-accuse-hollywood-filmmaker-of-emotional-and-sexual-abuse-were-not-people-to-him

tl,dr: He's a piece of poo poo and a WWE fan.

Shard fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 18, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fightful has a list of known contract expiration dates coming up.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/confirmed-wrestling-contract-expirations-wwe-njpw-roh-gfw-lu

It's worth noting that Shinsuke has already said in an interview he's likely gonna sign a new deal (I think he mentioned that he's really comfortable right now, and doesn't want to uproot his family again). Rhyno isn't coming back supposedly.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 18, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stephanie McMahon coming to AEW

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

About, not from.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i researched this as well, outside of the taped episode, the last few weeks averaged between 12 and 16 posters, a year ago was about 18-25 posters, so there is a sinking decline

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HHH was so happy too about that portrayal in his wrestling vid :rip:

DarkstarIV posted:

Fightful has a list of known contract expiration dates coming up.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/confirmed-wrestling-contract-expirations-wwe-njpw-roh-gfw-lu

It's worth noting that Shinsuke has already said in an interview he's likely gonna sign a new deal (I think he mentioned that he's really comfortable right now, and doesn't want to uproot his family again). Rhyno isn't coming back supposedly.

Rhyno wants to wrestle for 8 more years and knows he isn't getting time to do that currently even there, he's gone around this time next month

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The only part of WWE I actively watch these days is NXT, to be honest. During RAW I'll be playing video games on either a nearby laptop or the switch with RAW on as background noise. And SDL I'll be doing the same, except I'll be paying attention a little bit more.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

r>c>p

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I wish WWE was good rather than bad and also I wish Bryan got as much screentime as Shane

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
As for pure speculation on when some contracts are up, I imagine unless they signed her to a new deal when she moved to the main roster, Kairi Sane's deal will probably be up next year considering she signed back in 2017. I think I remember Kenny saying on some sort of panel that he would love to grab her for AEW's roster if they get the chance.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It's important to note that the BTK Strangler was a huge WWE fan as well, so gently caress the WWE

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DarkstarIV posted:

The only part of WWE I actively watch these days is NXT, to be honest. During RAW I'll be playing video games on either a nearby laptop or the switch with RAW on as background noise. And SDL I'll be doing the same, except I'll be paying attention a little bit more.

I used to bring it up on my second monitor for collage screengrabbing while I played games, but now I'm so far checked out that my most has been glancing for like 20 minutes when Firefly Funhouse comes on

Critical Role's really usurped the spot since they do their vod uploads on Mondays, too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

As for pure speculation on when some contracts are up, I imagine unless they signed her to a new deal when she moved to the main roster, Kairi Sane's deal will probably be up next year considering she signed back in 2017. I think I remember Kenny saying on some sort of panel that he would love to grab her for AEW's roster if they get the chance.

no idea how she feels about her role right now but man that would be highway robbery

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Jokes/comments about Raw are not meant to be endorsements.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DLC Inc posted:

no idea how she feels about her role right now but man that would be highway robbery

I mean I have no idea either, but I imagine she can't be too thrilled right now considering she hasn't been on TV in over a month. Like I said before, the way they wrote her off of NXT was loving stupid and if they hadn't done it with the stipulation that she could never challenge for the NXT Women's Championship again if she lost against Shayna, I would be hoping she would go back to NXT.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 18, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I did not watch raw and was learning about birds and talking to my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DarkstarIV posted:

When is Asuka freed? Her and Kairi would be a huge win for AEW’s Women’s Division.

Also Cesaro wasn’t on that list... I’d love to see him anywhere but WWE