Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Did anyone ever find a workaround for Miriam's voice stutter bug? Only happens for Miriam, JP and English audio, nothing seems to work. Game worked fine when I first got it, now it doesn't. PC version.

-I was told to set Bloodstained to work on specific CPU cores, none of them work.
-I was told to disable Framerate Smoothing, that doesn't work.

No, I'm not going to turn off voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd try turning off the voices... Then turning them back on

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

All these posts are making me glad that the Randomizer isn't unlocked for me, despite having a clear New Game+ file. I'll just wait for an update.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The other thing I wanna know is exactly what counts as key item spots for shuffles key item mode.

For the shards I know it's all the bosses with shards (+ the dude who drops aqua jet). For the key items, it seems to be Zangetsu, the silver bromide chest, and the extra keys that all count. I know I'm missing something (because I'm missing zangetsuto and can't find it), but I dont know what.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arzaac posted:

The other thing I wanna know is exactly what counts as key item spots for shuffles key item mode.

For the shards I know it's all the bosses with shards (+ the dude who drops aqua jet). For the key items, it seems to be Zangetsu, the silver bromide chest, and the extra keys that all count. I know I'm missing something (because I'm missing zangetsuto and can't find it), but I dont know what.
Have you checked the anti-spike armor chest?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, but iirc, it wasn't considered a key item chest? I'm pretty sure I got like, a spear from it.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, but iirc, it wasn't considered a key item chest? I'm pretty sure I got like, a spear from it.

And conversely, I've definitely gotten the Aegis Armor to drop from random chests unassociated with key items in Shuffled.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arzaac posted:

I Am Just a Box posted:

And conversely, I've definitely gotten the Aegis Armor to drop from random chests unassociated with key items in Shuffled.
... wait so it doesn't consider "the ability to get through the spike corridor without a truckload of healing items" a progression ability? :stonk: I'm getting the feeling the randomizer logic needs a bit longer in the oven.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

TBH it is fairly easy to facetank that hallway. Buying strong food is fairly easy if the randomizer makes a rare crafting material or weapon a common drop.

But the design of the Aegis Plate item in general is pretty dumb, randomizer or no. It's a required item hidden in a well hidden one-off treasure chest.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yeah if I hadn't played Symphony I wouldn't have even known to go looking for it, honestly. And in Symphony it was in a weird place you needed some specific abilities to navigate on the way in to it, but it was a weird place that was easy to find.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Even if you face tank the spike hallway, don't you need invert or high jump or something after that? I didn't find the Aegis Plate at first and so I healed my way through the whole hallway, only to find I didn't have the ability to go anywhere at the end.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

Even if you face tank the spike hallway, don't you need invert or high jump or something after that? I didn't find the Aegis Plate at first and so I healed my way through the whole hallway, only to find I didn't have the ability to go anywhere at the end.
... I thought you needed invert or high jump to get up there in the first place.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Can confirm, you definitely need high jump/invert (and craftwork) to go through the spike hallway, and directly after is the Oriental Science Lab. No other powers needed.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

you can go straight there by spamming dimension shift

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Tried the first level randomized on normal. Didnt choose Hard mode because I have a feeling I'd get hopelessly stuck on some later bosses. I didnt randomize key items either since people warned about that and I dont want to get lost.

Pretty cool. It definitely makes good use of all the countless loot and weapons the game has. You have to use whatever you happen to get your hands on so even less popular weapons have a chance to be useful.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 11, 2020

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
Hurrah Hurrah.

I finished a Randomizer run.

Difficulty - Hard

File name - AKUMA
I needed a starting weapon because one of the first enemies on Hard Difficulty is a giant wall of flail-swinging armor.

Items - Total Random

Quests - Shuffled
This is what led to me receiving three Solomon Rings for the second graveyard lady quest reward.

Goal - Defeat True Evil
I forget exactly where I got Zangetsuko's sword. Perhaps it was in one of the chests at the Chapel (instead of the key to the one of the optional bosses).

Key Items - Shuffled
This was probably the greatest source of difficulty. The Alfred fight on Hard is ridiculous, especially without double jump and/or some decent projectile shards. Luckily, I got Invert after finally defeating him. I didn't find the Silver Bromide until the freaking ice cave.

Shops - Unchanged
In retrospect, I probably should have went with shuffled wares. At least then I'd have a good chance of scoring a bunch of late-game foods early on. Oh well.

Enemy Drops - Chaos
I picked up 8-bit fireball from the guitarists, and that became my go-to shard for the entire rest of the game. Once levelled and ranked up, these fireballs smoked everything in a few blasts.

Crafting - Shuffled
Being able to craft end-game armor from a single piece of silk and maybe some ectoplasm makes this setting pretty broken.

Save/Warp rooms - Unchanged.
Yeah I'm not giving up the warp room right next to the village.

-Waystones are essential. There are a few instances where a Miriam without double-jump can get stuck.
-Altogether, this run took 8 and a half hours to finish.

PepsimanVsJoe fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 11, 2020

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

the village save/warp room seems to be static so they worked around that issue pretty fairly. for alfred did you have dimension shift already? you can just skip past the magic barrier he's guarding and get the reward without fighting him

and yeah waystones are pretty essential if you have to check out den of behemoths early, etc

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

the village save/warp room seems to be static so they worked around that issue pretty fairly. for alfred did you have dimension shift already? you can just skip past the magic barrier he's guarding and get the reward without fighting him

and yeah waystones are pretty essential if you have to check out den of behemoths early, etc

Unfortunately, I didn't have anything. After defeating the giant glass hand, Alfred was my only option.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

interesting route, what did the fish that normally has aqua stream drop

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

interesting route, what did the fish that normally has aqua stream drop

Deep Sinker.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The Aqua Stream drop is slightly stupider than the Aegis Plate chest situation, in my opinion, considering you have to actually farm for it

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

anyone notice that their randomizer save had infinite MP on both friday and saturday, and then randomly yesterday your MP went back to normal? because when i started my seed i found out very quickly that for some reason, i had infinite MP and could just spam whatever spell i wanted constantly, but i have no idea why it lasted for 2 full days of playing the game and then stopped just as suddenly

my current random seed is everything set to max randomness and i got dimension shift from some very early enemy so i've been able to explore basically everywhere right out the gate. i got zangetsu without having to go down in the desert town or the fire cave, can i find the evil demon woman and trigger the "real" gebel fight now, or do i have to go down to those locations anyway to trigger story stuff? because honestly i'd rather not, those two zones are my least favorite ones in this game

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Freaking Crumbum posted:

anyone notice that their randomizer save had infinite MP on both friday and saturday, and then randomly yesterday your MP went back to normal? because when i started my seed i found out very quickly that for some reason, i had infinite MP and could just spam whatever spell i wanted constantly, but i have no idea why it lasted for 2 full days of playing the game and then stopped just as suddenly

my current random seed is everything set to max randomness and i got dimension shift from some very early enemy so i've been able to explore basically everywhere right out the gate. i got zangetsu without having to go down in the desert town or the fire cave, can i find the evil demon woman and trigger the "real" gebel fight now, or do i have to go down to those locations anyway to trigger story stuff? because honestly i'd rather not, those two zones are my least favorite ones in this game
i'd check if the moon in the garden is red, i've not done a both bosses goal but true evil let's you go to the den of behemoths from the start (sword permitting). between the sword and dimension shift you should be able to just fight the final boss

as far as infinite mp are you sure you didn't have gebel's glasses on? it's an unlisted effect of the accessory

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

as far as infinite mp are you sure you didn't have gebel's glasses on? it's an unlisted effect of the accessory

holy poo poo! i have never found this accessory during my 2-3 normal play throughs, so i had no idea that was even a possibility. i was wearing them for a while until i found 2 rings of solomon so that's definitely what it was

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Color Printer posted:

The Aqua Stream drop is slightly stupider than the Aegis Plate chest situation, in my opinion, considering you have to actually farm for it

I find it a little less stupid just because you find Aqua Stream literally right where you need it. Like, it's on the exact screen where you need to go forward.

It is dumb that you've gotta farm though. It'd be fine if like, the first Deseema was coded to always drop an Aqua Stream.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Freaking Crumbum posted:

holy poo poo! i have never found this accessory during my 2-3 normal play throughs, so i had no idea that was even a possibility. i was wearing them for a while until i found 2 rings of solomon so that's definitely what it was

Its a reward for getting 100% shards, its on the floor in the alchemy room once you get them all.

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
Oh jeeze. Gebel's glasses can do that?!

I got a pair really early on in my Randomizer run and never bothered to use them. They would have made the Alfred fight somewhat tolerable.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Started my second randomizer run because the first one ended up weaponless, mostly shardless and mirthless at the first boss. That's random for ya, I guess.

Also I can't be the only one who didn't catch this the first playthrough of the game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TeaJay posted:

Started my second randomizer run because the first one ended up weaponless, mostly shardless and mirthless at the first boss. That's random for ya, I guess.

Also I can't be the only one who didn't catch this the first playthrough of the game

Catch what?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's easier to see when the game is moving, but

Zangetsu is at sea rowing a boat to the castle

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

has anyone else noticed that (with full maximum random at least) that the monster drops just seem to swap places entirely preserved? like if you've got monsters A B C then it gets randomized so B has the entire loot list from A, C has the entire loot list from B, and A has the entire loot list from C. i would have thought A B C would each get some mix of each other's drops instead of the whole list

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Since the shop menu is randomized, do I just have to hope for drops for rice/corn/potato?

And since it is, seems like grandma can wait for her food quest for a while.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

TeaJay posted:

Since the shop menu is randomized, do I just have to hope for drops for rice/corn/potato?

And since it is, seems like grandma can wait for her food quest for a while.

yes and the good news is her rewards are also randomized! so you can get an endgame dress for the riceballs or a potion for the final reward

edit: the lady that wants random pieces of gear can be nearly impossible if you never come across the thing she wants and the crafting menu is full of hot nonsense

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

One of the things I kinda wanted from the randomizer was all the fun weapons I never got to see during the first playthrough, where I just rocked the poisoned rapier for the early game and then a huge greatsword (Dies something?) for the rest. Now I've got a cool whip Andromeda from the start and beat the first boss with a bamboo sword. After beating the hand boss I got ... double jump.

The crafting menu seems like totally lol, having three end-game swords as an ingredient for something totally absurd and stuff like that

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The funniest thing about doing the crafting option is that you basically never craft, but you sure do dismantle your items you pick up.

Iron dismantles into a valkyrie sword? Sign me up!

Also, re: monster drops. I strongly suspect that all they really do is randomize which monster ID goes to which monster. Like, monster ID 1 will always drop Item IDs 1, 2, and 3, so if you assign Harpy to that ID it'll have that drop table. Then building off of that, all the item IDs get randomized as well. So if ID 1 is randomized to potion, all drop tables with ID 1 now drop potion instead of what's normally in that slot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TeaJay posted:

It's easier to see when the game is moving, but

Zangetsu is at sea rowing a boat to the castle

Lmao that rules

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I fired up the game for the first time since July, threw in a bunch of randomization, psyched to try whatever interesting stuff the game throws at my.

My first green chest on the boat was Valkyrie sword. The first green chest in the castle was Valkyrie Armor. Whelp.

Also shuffled crafting is funny. Bloodgrinder for two iron? Okay, if you insist.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So far my randomized playthrough is like, marginally ahead of where youd be in a normal run. Like the boat had partisan, claymore, and short sword, all monsters but one dropping yellow crystals, and most of the boxes being HP and MP ups.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I forget, how the gently caress do you deal with Zangetsu 2's trap you and do 3000 loving damage attack on hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dis astranagant posted:

I forget, how the gently caress do you deal with Zangetsu 2's trap you and do 3000 loving damage attack on hard?
I did it with directed shield but there might be a real solution.