Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

tithin posted:

Its description is in hex

6F20636B6E7077206772646C7A207A77
6B6A207075707365756C2078726B7674

which converts to

o cknpw grdlz zwkj pupseul xrkvt

Which translates to via Vigenére Cipher using the passphrase "orchid" to

a light saber with immense power

i'm just going to call it the pup seal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

tithin posted:

which converts to

EDIT: thanks nerds on gamefaqs

oh man I hope we don't get a bunch of Fez poo poo going on

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Those are backer weapons it's just somebody's joke.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh man I hope we don't get a bunch of Fez poo poo going on
I'm about 41% through the game and that's the only really Fez type of thing I've seen so far

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

tithin posted:

which converts to

EDIT: thanks nerds on gamefaqs

Well poo poo that was fast

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Phantasium posted:

Those are backer weapons it's just somebody's joke.

ok phew

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Can't wait to see all the backer weapons.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Is this game getting a physical release today? I want it on the Switch but don't want to get it digitally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Is this game getting a physical release today? I want it on the Switch but don't want to get it digitally.

Switch is next week.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

ImpAtom posted:

Switch is next week.

Cool, thanks. I can't find anything to confirm but is it getting a physical release?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Cool, thanks. I can't find anything to confirm but is it getting a physical release?

Yep

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Nice. I was wondering about weather physical was for backers only.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Having watched more videos online I take it back - the art style looks great, it's the character design only that I dislike. The backgrounds and everything look pretty nice!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man I'm getting it for Switch because it seems pretty good for handheld but I might double dip and get the PS4 or Steam one eventually for the Full HD Experience or whatever

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In fact if you buy the physical version from Best Buy you get a cool steelbook case for it

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
The game is loving amazing so far. Got to the fourth boss (a minor powerup spoiler: double jump), and really happy with how this game includes so many systems. SotN was a great game with a weird-rear end difficulty, so you didn't really need familiars, spells, secret combos, and all that. Games after just kinda dropped most of those, along with many easter eggs. Happy to see that this game has so much, and probably even more. Can't wait to find all kinds of weird poo poo!
So far I found the Sword familiar, who rules. The voice is amazing! Also a big fan of promised animal enemies and a little Shovel Knight cameo. That latter one might be the most annoying enemy I've encountered so far!

PS4 version is kinda bleh in terms of performance. One area drops FPS, and the load times feel just a liiiiiitle too long. The game can also freeze for a few seconds, although that happened like 2 times. Hope they can patch that. There are also minor glitches: if you feel like something's wrong in terms of your stats/effects, try equipping something else (maybe even multiple times) and switching back. For some reason game stopped seeing my weapon once, and dropped my str from 24 to 6. There was also a semi-secret item I found, and it's effects lasted long after I sold it. Negative effects, mind you: strong shoes that squeak as you walk just kept squeaking no matter what I did at first. Needed to switch weapon to something else 2 times to stop the effect.

Vookatos fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 18, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're putting name passwords in the project update emails now.

Naming your save file BIGHEAD or NIGHTMARE appears to do something (nightmare has a spoiler warning), and apparently there are unique ones for the youtube clans that are in the credits that those groups will probably give out at some point.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Omobono posted:

Is there an explanation floating around on who gets the IGA backpack without having to shell out extra cash? I'm a base tier backer (28$) if it helps.
gently caress it if game is good I'll shell out anyway if need be.

60$ tier and up. Basically the physical release pricing tier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like how utterly unfitting the Save Room is for the first two main areas.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so does the map go over 100% in this

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

For this who are pretty deep is it directly connected to Curse of the Moon?

Like, I know the characters are the same but do they take place in the same storyline?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, I know the characters are the same but do they take place in the same storyline?

I believe its the continuation of the story in Curse of the Moon.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The hairstylist owns

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Has anyone confirmed what linking your BackerID to your save file does yet?

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Played a bunch of this last night after the release on PSN, and I've quite honestly been enjoying this more than I expected. Saw a bunch of little Castlevania reference things, and it feels pretty nice to see them come back in some form. I can also say that there's at least one body piece so far that affects visual appearance, but it took me a while to get far enough to bump into one, so if there are others they may be kinda rare.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I believe Curse of the Moon is just a standalone thing that's more of a "what if?" scenario in this case, since from playing the main game it's the first meeting between Miriam and Zangetsu for example.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

gently caress this game is good.

edit: I haven't played yet today, but was there a day 1 patch? I got my copy yesterday and had an update to 1.01, but noticed a couple things and was wondering if they'd be addressed today (most noticeably the last piece of art in the intro seemed to clearly still just be a sketch placeholder).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Arc Impulse posted:

I believe Curse of the Moon is just a standalone thing that's more of a "what if?" scenario in this case,

Yeah that was the impression I got from Curse of the Moon's endings

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DroneRiff posted:

I... didn't even know you could do that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

An hour in and this game is everything that I wanted. Some of the accessories you can equip will change your model too, such as (Early early in the game)The Stone Mask and the Elf Ears.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

DroneRiff posted:

Someone on Reddit said its for that iga backpack dlc that hasn't released yet.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I... didn't even know you could do that.

Press triangle on your save file when selecting which to load.

I entered the value (including #) from the Fangamer code/backer page but it didn't do anything obvious

EDIT ^^^ thanks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have an 8-bit coin and i'm really goddamn torn on what to trade it in for at the alchemist, goddamn. there's so many things to choose from.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i have an 8-bit coin and i'm really goddamn torn on what to trade it in for at the alchemist, goddamn. there's so many things to choose from.

You can craft more 8-bit coins.

There are also 16 and 32 bit coins based on the crafting menu I saw, so there's probably higher tiers of backer weapons.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm pretty sure this is the first good Japanese kickstarter game thats been released. Even the other Bloodstained that came out last year was great. Its pretty wild. I was initially expecting this to be another mighty no.9 situation when I saw the videos of this game a few years back.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

You can break those weapons down into the coin again using some Alkahest, so you can mess about with switching it out if needed before you get hold of another coin!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

Personally I'm passing on crafting backer weapons and just going for what the game gives me normally/the non-backer stuff I can craft. I just don't want to anything that potentially cheeses things too much.

Beat Zangetsu again after beating him back during the backer demo so its all new to me from here on out. Managed to beat him first try without crafting weapons like I did before, just used some food I got from the quests and drops because I probably was just going to hoard them otherwise.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all good stuff to know! i saw the coins for sale at the shop, too, but 4k is a bit prohibitively expensive near the beginning. i forgot that breaking down items can be so handy.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Louisgod posted:

I got an email confirming that I'm getting a physical release for Switch which will probably come in the mail at some point. Although it's been so long that I don't remember if I even wanted a physical copy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm heartened that it appears to be good. Looking forward to playing it when I get home from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Not every enemy has a shard, right? Just not getting anything out of the regular zombos.