Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Hey goons, how would you like to help raise kick leukaemia’s rear end and make me watch some punishing movies in the process?

Each year, Leukemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand runs it’s “Shave For a Cure” fundraising drive. Participants are sponsored to shave their heads, and this year my niece’s boyfriend Ryan is going for it.

He’s 17, has a head of hair like a 70’s rocker, and is a nice kid.

He’s also a ginger, so trust me, that hair HAS to go.

Can’t post a picture, as I haven’t told him I’m trying to enlist the Goon Army.

He’s looking to raise NZ$500 (US$326.38 as of today’s rate) before the severe trim on July the 7th. I think we can do better than that.

So here’s the deal. If you can donate (Adding the cryptic message “The Kiwi sent me” to the donation), I’ll watch/live-tweet/file a profanity-filled report on a series of terrible, terrible films.

The tiers go like this:

NZ$500-THE GARBAGE PAIL KIDS MOVIE (Which I swore to never watch again)
NZ$1,000-ALONE IN THE DARK (Incomprehensible Uwe Boll!)
NZ$2,000-MOVIE 42/MEET THE SPARTANS Double Feature
NZ$4,000-COULROPHOBIA: TERROR TRIP (Something about a family of Scottish killer Clowns, I think)
NZ$8,000-THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE
NZ$10,000-FREDDY GOT FINGERED

Hit a higher total and I’ll add more flicks every $2,500. An El Santo movie in un-subtitled Spanish, or the original Pokemon movie, perhaps. (That one will FEEL like it’s un-subtitled to me)

Feel free to suggest easily accessible, though undeniably awful flicks.

You’ll find his donation page at: (Too late, it's closed. Head to https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate/donate-by-mail-or-phone.html to donate to the American Cancer Society)

Distorted Kiwi fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
but... Freddy Got Fingered is a brilliant satire :confused:

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

BluesShaman posted:

but... Freddy Got Fingered is a brilliant satire :confused:

I suspect our opinions may differ slightly.

In fact, I'm sure of it. :)

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

While I support the idea, I must agree Freddy Got Fingered is a really smart, well-made film that knows exactly what it's doing. For the top tier should have to watch, like, all the Atlas Shrugged movies.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

TrixRabbi posted:

While I support the idea, I must agree Freddy Got Fingered is a really smart, well-made film that knows exactly what it's doing. For the top tier should have to watch, like, all the Atlas Shrugged movies.

*gouges out eyeballs in self-defense*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Lol, I saw Freddy Got Fingered in theaters with my parents and grandma. Them being there made the movie even funnier, especially listening to my grandma grumble and gripe about how stupid Tom Green is. RIP, Gammer. You were too cool for this world.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was trying to donate $10 to also chime in on the ‘Freddy Got Fingered in a genuinely good film’ wagon, but the input form doesn’t allow US phone numbers. Got an alternative way? Maybe a paypal account we can send to?

Garbage Pail Kids is a solid choice, I couldn’t make more than a few minutes through that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

Was trying to donate $10 to also chime in on the ‘Freddy Got Fingered in a genuinely good film’ wagon, but the input form doesn’t allow US phone numbers. Got an alternative way? Maybe a paypal account we can send to?

Garbage Pail Kids is a solid choice, I couldn’t make more than a few minutes through that movie.

I should kill that link, the head-shaving happened last week... he raised NZ$400-ish from various sources, and his group made 6K for charity.

Thanks for the attempt, though!