Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Couch surfed. and later slept in abandoned buildings while homeless.
Decimated the breakfast stuff at mcdonalds in the days they they had them as selfserve, Jams, butter, sugar, salt, napkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

i vomit kittens posted:

this is the standard for anyone currently under the age of 40

I'm over 40, now it's my long term healthcare plan. Haha gently caress you Mr. Alzheimer, I got you beat!

Spazzle posted:

Pro tip: the cops are happy to kill you for free.

So far. Wait until China's innovative "bullet billing" becomes the rule - to fight the evil of government spending, of course. Though it's the relatives who'd have to pay so whatever fygm(d).

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Got insanely sick after smoking a hobo killer scrounged together from campus ashtrays

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Joined the army.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kazak posted:

Got insanely sick after smoking a hobo killer scrounged together from campus ashtrays

are we talking outdoor ashtrays, or did you go to school in the 70s?

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ive always been rich in spirit

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Rutibex posted:

are we talking outdoor ashtrays, or did you go to school in the 70s?

Outdoors, and off the ground near exits, also I wasn't a student

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
When I just moved away from home, I subsisted on a single $1 Lipton/Knorr rice side packet and store brand root beer every day.

I sold plasma too and took as many cookies from the tray as I could fit in my pockets.

I had rich parents, I was too proud to ask for help, I was so stupid.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
$5 footlong. half for lunch. half for dinner.

eat FREASCHE!!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Totino’s Party Pizza.

If anyone served those at a party it would be a really sad one.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Chinatown posted:

$5 footlong. half for lunch. half for dinner.

eat FREASCHE!!

My dad gave me a stack of college basketball ticket stubs that had BOGO subway sammies so I would buy two and have them as lunch and dinner for two days. Either that or me and a friend would split the cost of one and the each get one.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

We'd go to bars and party pirate: slurping down abandoned drinks and bumming cigarettes off everyone

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kazak posted:

Outdoors, and off the ground near exits, also I wasn't a student

college campuses are pro scavenging areas. no one can tell the difference between a hobo and a grad student, it is easy to blend in

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as a teenager i convinced my folks that the social security check they got on account of my dad killing himself what they spent on pot rightfully belonged to me and used it to buy and sell weed so as to feed everyone's drug appetites and also eat better than school lunch every day

naem
May 29, 2011

at one point working my way through school I had a minor miracle when I scrounged up like $36 in nickels from under furniture for groceries that lasted two weeks

this was mostly due to poor planning on my part

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I was living in the back of the shop I worked in for about two years during high school. It had no heat or tub/shower and I slept on a makeshift loft bed above the storage area.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Rutibex posted:

college campuses are pro scavenging areas. no one can tell the difference between a hobo and a grad student, it is easy to blend in

There are plenty of unlocked classrooms too. We once considered stealing the computer and projector out of some rooms but thought better of it, times were tough but they were not felony larceny tough

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
id cruise the alleys in my college town the week after finals when everyone is moving apartments/leaving for the summer/graduating and would score some great loot. Kegs (return deposit), stereo systems, lamps. Not bad.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Done unspeakable things just to get :10bux: and post here

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Kazak posted:

There are plenty of unlocked classrooms too. We once considered stealing the computer and projector out of some rooms but thought better of it, times were tough but they were not felony larceny tough

We had alarms on those things - but if you didn’t tamper with poo poo no one cared.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

uguu posted:

Cycled ten miles to work on a tiny bicycle with one pedal for a month.

drat dude. Impressive.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
So very many bowl scrapings and carved out resin from the grinder, with a dash of aluminum for flavor.

Stopped taking my morning dose of antiepileptic meds to make the Rx last longer.

Bachelor chow: any leftovers whatsoever into a pot to heat. Tastes nasty? Grab the hot sauce. Still nasty? Tough.

I'm still using protein shakes as my breakfast and lunch.

I'm not proud of this but I stole bud from a rich guy I knew in culinary school.

Slept at the bus stop because the bus wasn't running until morning and I didn't have money for a cab.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Being poor and smoking weed, a strange coincidence?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hold on I'll need to smoke some and think about it.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Free meals from the campus Hare Krishnas.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Hey you wouldn't deny a man his Bud Lite or whatever so why should I deny myself marijuana?????

Also maybe I was/am self medicating a lil... you know, to escape the crushing realities of being an elder millennial in the United States.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I definitely ate meals at the Christian food pantry when I was not-quite-but-basically homeless. Free hot meal once a week.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Being poor and smoking weed, a strange coincidence?

Being rich and doing cocaine, a strange coincidence?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

wait, if you're poor just start doing cocaine

i've cracked the code

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i vomit kittens posted:

wait, if you're poor just start doing cocaine

i've cracked the code

holy poo poo!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i joined a cult because they had free lentils and cakes every friday night

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lived off a credit card for a couple months, finally got a job and then a second job, and then worked my rear end off for the next few months to pay down the credit card debt.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Lived on the south side of memphis, tn

Drove w/o a license or insurance and with a warrant for about 3.5 years

Almost died due to sickness

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

When you're 20 and poor, the weed guy doesn't take credit cards, but anyone will give a 20 year old a credit card, and the shady gas station that sells the synthetic poo poo takes credit cards.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm still using a phone with a 3.5mm Jack in tyool 2019, disgracefully poor of me

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Used to make a $7 personal size pizza last 3 days. Now i just eat half and throw the other half in the garbage. High life.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Took out student loans exclusively to fund my alcohol+online poker+maplestory cash card habit to the tune of ~30k, used credit cards after I couldn't get any more student loans. I still have about 28k in credit card debt to pay off from that phase.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Complain about how I can't find a job on internet forums.

Talk up Communism because things can't get any worse for me under that social shift.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I dropped a chile relleno on the street once and then ate it off the street like a loving animal rather than buy more food.

I might have also been extremely drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
Bjs are cheaper than uber/taxi when I needed to move some stuff in a timely manner. Dominoes 5 dollar as is 3 meals of food. Mi Goering still gives me war flashbacks.

But I have actual ptsd from my most highly paying job and I ever had....