Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

We can’t avoid death. It will one day touch us all. The question I have is how does it feel to not feel. How horrible it will be to not remember those that you loved for eternity. The planets will explode and the sun will burn out and yet we will still be dead forever and ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
aw yeah?

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
so how's everybody's night going? I just ate a bowl of oatmeal and a couple of hot dogs for dinner. I'm about to indulge in some music while catching up on work poo poo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Doubt it OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

fakeaccount posted:

so how's everybody's night going? I just ate a bowl of oatmeal and a couple of hot dogs for dinner. I'm about to indulge in some music while catching up on work poo poo.

Sounds good af. Got a peanut butter banana sandwich, mug of coffee, glass of milk ready to play some Baldur's Gate.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
show us on the doll where death touched you OP

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

This thread should be titled "I smoked weed and now I think everything I say is profound."

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There is no death your last moment stretches out for eternity.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That's why I hope I poo poo myself to death.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

You fuckers aren’t scurred?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i ain’t scurred to live

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
op you ever have a dreamless sleep? thats what you just described. I personally love sleeping.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

You see the wildfire approaching and aren’t concerned. I wish I had your stupidity.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I can't even muster a response to that OP go to bed

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Identity is a spook.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatta

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

snergle posted:

op you ever have a dreamless sleep? thats what you just described. I personally love sleeping.

What if falling asleep is exactly like dying, and the you that wakes up after just has all of your memories? Like some kind of perfect copy???

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

get busy squatchin or get busy cryin

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont worry op just keep posting and we'll all live forever as reconstructed ai personalities

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvtfbqJeIY

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i think i found out what this was like when i took a poo poo load of acid and had a 48 hour playlist of drone music

so thats whats its like op, you are terrified for awhile, then you have a ton of hallucinations, one of which was an ocean of lighthouses that all represented different aspects of who i could have been, or could be, and then you go through all your memories until you relive your very first memory, and then you wake up and its a day later. or something. who knows.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Its fine, after all its the same state you were in before you were born. Life is full of, well, living and than you get your deserved rest.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like what if you were so dead you could identify nothing as a smell, not because it has a smell but because you don’t know the absence of a smell and that has a smell in you’re mind. Your dead rear end mind. Superdead. :hb:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat frasche OP!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"If a sense of the absurd is a way of perceiving our true situation (even though the situation is not absurd until the perception arises), then what reason can we have to resent or escape it? Like the capacity for epistemological skepticism, it results from the ability to understand our human limitations. It need not be a matter for agony unless we make it so. Nor need it evoke a defiant contempt of fate that allows us to feel brave or proud. Such dramatics, even if carried on in private, betray a failure to appreciate the cosmic unimportance of the situation. If sub specie aeternitatis there is no reason to believe that anything matters, then that doesn't matter either, and we can approach our absurd lives with irony instead of heroism or despair."

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m gonna avoid death until the day I die op, but I don’t spend any time worrying about it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
*spits in spittoon*

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i plan on being resurrected on jupiter.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

sweet thursday posted:

"If a sense of the absurd is a way of perceiving our true situation (even though the situation is not absurd until the perception arises), then what reason can we have to resent or escape it? Like the capacity for epistemological skepticism, it results from the ability to understand our human limitations. It need not be a matter for agony unless we make it so. Nor need it evoke a defiant contempt of fate that allows us to feel brave or proud. Such dramatics, even if carried on in private, betray a failure to appreciate the cosmic unimportance of the situation. If sub specie aeternitatis there is no reason to believe that anything matters, then that doesn't matter either, and we can approach our absurd lives with irony instead of heroism or despair."
I wish for a way to say this convincingly in one short sentence.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
:ughh:

Ok class one more time: if we believe in Jesus what will we never truly do?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I dunno man, you already used to be dead before you were born. Then you were born. Seems like if it happened once it can probably happen again.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its just like from before when you remember

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
Death feels like eating hot dish. Forever.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The thing you think of as life is nothing but chemicals. That’s all we are, you was never truly alive. It’s simultaneously naive and arrogant to think that you were.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Row row row the boat life is but a dream...

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes, i get this feeling inside, i'm living a life of illusion

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

how many more red flags does op need to throw before we can start discussing the french boulder man

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The fact that my brain will eventually stop reminding me off all the embarrassing, stupid poo poo I've done throughout my life is one of my only comforts.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but on the scale of stupid poo poo that has and is being done how stupid have you really been

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Piggy Smalls posted:

It will one day touch us all.

Pervert