Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
The whole "your last moment lasts forever" thing can't be true, because once your brain dies you can no longer experience anything. Your consciousness doesn't exist outside your brain, and even if it did, it wouldn't be linked to your physical memory because the memory is contained within your brain. It's the physical neurons and connections that allow you to remember things.

Also, if that kind of time shift was possible, anyone who has ever passed out would have experienced it during those moments when their brain stops functioning. I have passed out more than a few times in my life because of low blood pressure and standing up too quickly, and if for some reason I did experience a time shift, I certainly don't remember it happening. So even if it is true, you'd be incapable of being aware that it's happening without a functioning brain to interpret those signals.

It's not the actual moment of brain death that scares me, it's the possible pain and suffering that could take place leading up to that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer