Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Really lucky that most of its production must have been completed pre pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gonna have to rewatch Seasons 1 and 2 in preparation because gently caress this show is complicated.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

For some reason Netflix started me off with the second episode. Imagine how confused I was.

Good thing I noticed and went back to the first episode. Awesome show. I'm recommending it all over the place but "complicated German-language time travel drama" is kind of hard to sell people on.

Well they can always use the English dub. If they’re, you know, stupid.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 11, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m doing my third viewing of the series in preparation and Christ it’s still hard to follow everything going on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rewatching Season 1 can someone explain the timeline of Eriks body to me? He’s kidnapped in 2019, taken through the caves to 1986 where he’s strapped into the time chair and sent *somewhere* and then 1986 Helge drags his corpse through the caves to 1953. We see him drag some corpse out of the cave anyway and i don’t know who else it could be. So can it be assumed that that *somewhere* is 2019 and he was dumped by the time chair in the abandoned bunker like Mads was?

Edit: ok looking at the Netflix site it says that Erik is sent by the chair directly to 1953. So who is the body that Helge is seen dragging out of the caves?

Edit: unless he wasn’t dragging it out of the caves but out of the bunker. So that was 1953.

Ughh this show

Edit again: yeah I just got to the scene where Noah is scrubbing the blood off the bunker floor and writing down the date on the wall in 1953 I forgot about that.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 13, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s going to really really suck if the show can’t stick the landing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hannah might be a sociopath.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Ulrich used her affection for him to steal a kiss *at his wedding anniversary party* then pursued a sexual relationship in the aftermath of her husband's suicide. He gave so little of a poo poo that he couldn't even pretend to be interested when she traveled through time to rescue him.

She didn’t travel through time to rescue him though I thought it was pretty clear that he whole intention was to essentially laugh in his face.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bartosz is such a loser.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I did a rewatch over the last week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Will there even be a forum here to discuss season 3? And if so will anyone be left anyway?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’ve finished 3 episodes and the convolution is starting to lightly irritate me.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 27, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Only the Germans could make a show this loving miserable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I literally don’t understand what just happened in episode 6.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone much smarter than me is going to have to lay out a point by point recap on how this was coherent.

I did tear up at the ending though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So I guess Clausen was just an unimportant nobody who bumbled his way into starting the apocalypse.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I feel like this season could have been two seasons but they were really obsessed with the Three thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone is going to make an incredibly detailed chart of all the time and cross world fuckery and it’s going to be less intelligible than Time Cube.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alris posted:

(Finale spoiler) I may have missed a connection along the way, but why are Aleksander Tiedemann (Plant Director) and by extension Bartosz missing at the end? Was there a revelation regarding Aleksander's family history that I missed somewhere?

An updated family tree can't come soon enough.

Alexander is around but he would have never met Regina in the woods so there is no Bartosz

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So Adam ultimately won since his goal of breaking the loop and destroying his universe happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The “problem” with the ending is that is that there’s a paradox in that Jonas and Martha wouldn’t have been able to go and stop the car wreck killing the family without the dual universes being created, meaning with the universes now gone how could they stop it?