Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I just finished and I'm not sure what to think, honestly. This season seemed more confusing than the others. Just so much back and forth and backwards and forwards.

Just to clarify, so Noah killed Bartoz, his father, at the beginning of season 2?

I really like how they did manage to pretty much close up everything. All those questions that they created were answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

CeeJee posted:

The showrunners went 110% Kubrick/Fincher on season 3.

Every scene shot in Martha's alt-world was mirrored in post. Sets were altered, cars were replaced with British ones, all signs, books and posters were replaced with mirrored writing and cast had to use their non-dominant hand to open doors and write. Deutsche gründlichkeit indeed.

I didn't pick up on this at all until the very end when her scar was on the wrong side. I didn't know they went that far. Really cool.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Hmm... so Bertholdt's futurewife (forgot her name) is Jonah's half-sister, making Noah and Agnes his half niece and nephew? And Agnes is not only his half niece, she's his great-great grandmother? And Hannah's daughter/ Bertholdt's futurewife is also Claudia's half sister making Noah and Agnes her half niece and nephew too?? I really need an updated family tree for this show...

I went on the Dark wiki after finishing everything and there are so many of these it’s not even funny. Half of the characters seem to be related to each other

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

DaveKap posted:

Whew, just finished the show. I... honestly don't know what to say. I guess in a way it wrapped up how I would've wanted it to but... when (spoilers for Legion and this show) Legion did the exact same thing it kinda felt empty. Like the journey wasn't really worth the destination. In Dark's case, though, the journey felt much more entertaining and the destination was only sorta worth it. I think the biggest problem is that we really just didn't know Tannhaus well enough to care. The show may have just taken entirely too long to reveal that he, and the loss of his family, was the origin. Had we gotten to know him and his family better, the destination would've felt more worthwhile. Plus Legion didn't have any post-restart footage so that didn't help that show either.

Also I felt like the third season's middle episodes were weak. I'm glad they didn't try to prolong the season out to 10+ episodes. Great show, highly recommend, but just barely stopped short of entering into my personal hall of fame list.

Edit: Oh, I do have a question actually. I'm confused as to where the Martha that Adam kills with the god particle came from. She's wearing the 1800s clothing but when exactly is she snatched away to be imprisoned by Silja? I'm sure it's just 1 scene somewhere near episode 5 or 6 but I can't recall because there were too many Martha's and I was confused as gently caress.

Also I kinda wish we got to see old Ulrich disintegrate. Dude's a cheating rear end in a top hat but I wanted at least a little visual closure to the madhouse version of him. He was so sad looking.

A lot of what you said sums up what I couldn’t figure out how to express myself. I enjoyed it and was happy with the ending, but it just felt like there was something missed.