Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Just finished the 7th episode. If it keeps up like that into the third season, everything will turn out to be a huge grandfather paradox, because everyone had kids with everyone else in some period of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Gee, season 3 is going to become even more complicated to follow?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

OrthoTrot posted:

I can't believe we've had two twists where a character we didn't know was Jonas turned out to be Jonas. Who will turn out to be Jonas in S3?
I'm not yet sure I buy Adam being Jonas. The other kids being there, aged, is too good of a red herring. This Jonas killing Martha thing is sorta out of place, considering. Also the disfigured face. --edit: I think it's Bartosz.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 24, 2019

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Both seasons are available with English dubs.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Anyone who understands German well enough should watch "Er ist wieder da!" / "Look Who's Back". The actor, who plays Ulrich Niessen, is doing a confused Hitler in that one.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

davidspackage posted:

- I'm curious also how German-speaking viewers judge the performances of the actors? I find it hard to make a good assessment when I don't fluently speak the language myself, though I have no complaints.
IMO they speak too perfect of a German.

I almost want to claim they're not using contractions and what not, but it's been too long to be pretty sure about it. Happens in a lot of "serious" productions, which makes the acting stilted in my opinion.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That's because in one timeline, he's literally Hitler.

The actor played Hitler in the comedy "Look Who's Back".

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

They claim the scenes filmed in public among random people were candid scenes. Which is pretty :psyduck: considering some reactions. If true, anyway.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So I'm just watching that montage at the end of episode 6, and...

...was the other world always mirrored geometrically, or was that just for the montage?

--edit: Indeed. Geez, I'm bad at watching TV.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 27, 2020

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh hey, German Budget Bob Odenkirk.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Re: the end

Biggest spoiler ever...

THE gently caress IS WITH THAT GUY'S EYE?!?!? ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =========

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That chart hasn't been updated for season 3, it's missing a lot of (new) connections and tight loops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

BioThermo posted:

Here's the endless loop as I understood it on the first pass, feel free to challenge what I missed:
I think this gets complicated some more because of that Mobius loop style of flipflopping of the loop, that got introduced. One loop where alt-Marta didn't show up and one where she did, each loop causing the other.