Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah, that's weird... I'll check that and fix it, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
We're starting Tuesday, but it is a slow draft and it should be 22 rounds.

Ok, great.

Some other Fantrax GoonFB (GFB) differences I noted compared to Scott Fish Bowl settings:

SFB locks players at kickoff, but GFB locks at 5 minutes before kickoff.

SFB Blind Bidding Ties Are Broken By: Earliest Submitted Bid Wins
GFB Bid tie-breaker: Lowest ranked team in the standings wins the bid

I'm not entirely clear on how fantrax free agent handling works after a player is dropped, but it looks like there may be some other differences there too.

GFB has "Maximum Reserve Players: 8" but there is no equivalent setting on SFB. I have no idea what the Fantrax reserve player setting does, but it seems different from injured reserve, and maybe we should not have it?

GFB has this setting: "Score Flex positions by the players' actual positions: No". Does that mean that a TE in a flex slot will not get the TE bonus scoring? What does it mean, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm in! Let's git 'r dun

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Great catches, pmchem, I'll get that all sorted out today.

There are only 2 slots left, HOWEVER, if you try to join and it's full pm me your email. If I get 12 interested people who didn't make it in, I'll open up another division.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Ok, great.

Some other Fantrax GoonFB (GFB) differences I noted compared to Scott Fish Bowl settings:

SFB locks players at kickoff, but GFB locks at 5 minutes before kickoff.

SFB Blind Bidding Ties Are Broken By: Earliest Submitted Bid Wins
GFB Bid tie-breaker: Lowest ranked team in the standings wins the bid

I'm not entirely clear on how fantrax free agent handling works after a player is dropped, but it looks like there may be some other differences there too.

GFB has "Maximum Reserve Players: 8" but there is no equivalent setting on SFB. I have no idea what the Fantrax reserve player setting does, but it seems different from injured reserve, and maybe we should not have it?

GFB has this setting: "Score Flex positions by the players' actual positions: No". Does that mean that a TE in a flex slot will not get the TE bonus scoring? What does it mean, I guess?

Alright got all these fixed, thanks again. Maximum Reserve Players is just Fantrax funny way of saying "how big is your bench" so I changed it to 11 to mirror SFB.

Let me know if you spot anything else, looks like some of my settings, like the draft time, got reset. But that is likly human error.

One guaranteed spot left. Again, if you try to get in and the league is full, pm me an email. If I get 12 I'll open up a new division.

Edit: Divisions set. Queen Medusa only has 11 teams, I'll add the last team when they sign up. After all 60 teams have joined I'll randomize and finalize the draft order.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 5, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Awesome, thanks.

I am also exceedingly happy to be in 89's division. Two reasons: 1. he is a prolific poster, smart FF player, fun guy, and FELLOW EAGLES FAN. 2. This league does not allow trades and he is so trade-addicted that he will hate his entire roster by week 2.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

pmchem posted:

Awesome, thanks.

I am also exceedingly happy to be in 89's division. Two reasons: 1. he is a prolific poster, smart FF player, fun guy, and FELLOW EAGLES FAN. 2. This league does not allow trades and he is so trade-addicted that he will hate his entire roster by week 2.

They're going to be randomized after the last team is in so you may not be in his division.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

They're going to be randomized after the last team is in so you may not be in his division.

That's the draft order. I'll keep the divisions like they are now. I didn't say that case clearly as I could

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's the draft order. I'll keep the divisions like they are now. I didn't say that case clearly as I could

Ohh, OK. Nice!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pmchem posted:

Awesome, thanks.

1. Thanks, man :)
2. BRING IT ON, I DON'T NEED TRADES

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Draft order set. Locking lowed

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Draft order set. Locking lowed

Draft is very messed up, at least in our division:
https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/draftPicks.go?leagueId=1r00fplwjx2az8nt&season=2019&viewType=ROUND&divisionId=wflmnez6jxqgks1u

I don't even have a pick lol

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Going to change my team name to ‘Drunk Nerds Fantrax Initiated Ulcer.’

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It looks right to me

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

It looks right to me

no trollin’ on league settings issues plz, I don’t trust fantrax to work at all

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That certainly is interesting. Why does every pick in each round have the same numbers next to it too? Or am I just really not understanding this site.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Good, I needed a puzzle to get me through the weekend.

SillyBurrito. Didn't the best ball draft return a similarly hosed up display before the draft launched completely normally? I kinda remember that

I can test by running a draft on one division this weekend to see if it goes normal, then revert it

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 6, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

SillyBurrito. Didn't the best ball draft return a similarly hosed up display before the draft launched completely normally? I kinda remember that

I can test by running a draft on one division this weekend to see if it goes normal, then revert it

Sorry, all I really saw was the draft order that I posted in the best ball thread. But your idea above works. It’s frankly amazing how much power the commish has in fantrax.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm cool with the 1st pick in the 1st, 1st pick in the 2nd, 3rd in the 3rd, 1st in the 4th.....it's okay guys, I'll roll with it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

At the league home page, the very top-right pop-up menu (three horiz lines) has a support/feedback option that includes toll free phone numbers for support. Maybe they can help fix the draft? I know that ESPN's support is usually pretty quick on responses during draft season.

My main concern here, aside from actually having picks :stonk: is that on Tues-Fri this week during eastern timezone work hours, I'll be entirely unable to draft and generally without internet. I don't want to time out, of course, so if the draft was all set up, I could see my slot, etc., then I was going to edit my early round draft order and maybe set some predraft picks (if that's even possible on fantrax?). Never used fantrax before so I'll just jump on my picks as soon as I actually can each day.

edit: p.s. draft settings still show as below for me (as per prior rounds/time discussion)

quote:

Draft Type: Live Online Standard (Regular & Slow)
# of rounds: 18
Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00AM EDT
Time limit per pick: 1 minutes

pmchem fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 6, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

At the league home page, the very top-right pop-up menu (three horiz lines) has a support/feedback option that includes toll free phone numbers for support. Maybe they can help fix the draft? I know that ESPN's support is usually pretty quick on responses during draft season.

My main concern here, aside from actually having picks :stonk: is that on Tues-Fri this week during eastern timezone work hours, I'll be entirely unable to draft and generally without internet. I don't want to time out, of course, so if the draft was all set up, I could see my slot, etc., then I was going to edit my early round draft order and maybe set some predraft picks (if that's even possible on fantrax?). Never used fantrax before so I'll just jump on my picks as soon as I actually can each day.

edit: p.s. draft settings still show as below for me (as per prior rounds/time discussion)

Dang, that's weird I set it to 22 rounds for all 5 divisions
I'll get on it tonight and figure out your draft slot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
okay, turns out the option to have each division do a separate draft doesn't actually work. that's why everything looks screwy. Luckily there's a workaround: I create 5 separate leagues, one for each division, then after the draft I import the players from each of those leagues into the main league. I'll get on this tomorrow, and then will have everyone's draft slot #

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Clicky Draft could be an easy option, too

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What's the difference between a pregnant woman and the 2019 Goon Fish Bowl?

Answer: I can UnFUCK the 2019 goon fish bowl.

I think everything is in order. The issue was Fantrax hasn't complete the "separate divisions draft separately" feature, so everything looked screwy. Luckily their site details a workaround.

I had to clone the league into 5 separate leagues, one for each division. That division is where you'll do the draft. Then I'll import all the teams to the main 2019 goon fish bowl site.

Draft order has been finalized. Please check to see if anything looks fucky. Also let me know if it auto-added you to the new league or if you had to accept an email invite.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Sooo when we draft we go into the one that has our division name, yes? I don't think our draft order changed, but I may be looking at it wrong

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

Also I'm getting this notification now

E: doesn't look like that attachment worked but it's about paying money for the league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dangit. #5 is such a cock tease. Right outside the top 4

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

89 posted:

Dangit. #5 is such a cock tease. Right outside the top 4

It still shows you being 1 in our division to me. I must be missing something

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I'm in Phantom Bat, so this is what I see for the draft. Looks like I get whatever RB of the top four is left.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sixth. Ewww unless Saquon falls that far :suicide:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Miles Sanders 2020 would like to remind those picking ahead of him that the Giants offense is poop and you should take zeke and cmc at 1 and 2 thanks for complying

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Miles Sanders 2020 would like to remind those picking ahead of him that the Giants offense is poop and you should take zeke and cmc at 1 and 2 thanks for complying

Hmm.

Checks out.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Scruffy the janitor posted:

It still shows you being 1 in our division to me. I must be missing something

In the draft room it shows me as #5 🤷‍♂️

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Hmm.

Checks out.

uhhhhh auto draft

I am very upset by it

I threw my hat down and stomped on it like an old timey prospector and everything

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Pick 9. Thanks, I hate it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Also I'm getting this notification now

E: doesn't look like that attachment worked but it's about paying money for the league.

Ignore it. A. This sub-league draft thing is only for the draft, and will be imported before the actual season starts and charges incur, B. It's a residual effect, since I definitely took out all the features we have to pay for, C. I got the actual 60-team league to get the fees waived

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

Pick 9. Thanks, I hate it.

Oh that's funny. I got pick 9 and I think I couldn't be more satisfied.

Give me my pick of whoever's left of the top 4 wrs or kelce or Gordon/Conner/Johnson, then bounce back to me with Mixon/Chubb/JuSchu/Beckham/Bel

Maybe 10th would be even better, but those are my top slots

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh that's funny. I got pick 9 and I think I couldn't be more satisfied.

Give me my pick of whoever's left of the top 4 wrs or kelce or Gordon/Conner/Johnson, then bounce back to me with Mixon/Chubb/JuSchu/Beckham/Bel

Maybe 10th would be even better, but those are my top slots

Ok, the Dracula division draft looks like a normal old draft order so I think you've solved most of our problems, if people actually show up at the correct draft site when things kick off :v:

One thing to fix @ divisional draft sites, I'm seeing this:

quote:

Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00PM EDT

I imagine that's supposed to be AM not PM?

Also i'm gonna msg you some other info I got from fantrax support, but I'll avoid confusing everyone in thread.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Finally figured this league out lol.

Still need to catch up on the scoring settings but at least I'm drafting 4th in Frankenstein division.

Draft time looks correct to me 10am 7/9

edit: nm on scoring settings, it's close enough to SFB that I should be good.

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
The scoring in fish bowl is too crazy for me to wrap my head around. They do a good job of balancing all the positions. This will be a very interesting draft!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

#1 pick in Dracula, eat it all other Draculans.

Edit: Also I don't understand the scoring either, I'm just going to draft dudes that I think are going to have a good year

mega dy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 7, 2019