Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

One more team and we'll hit last year's mark (36) with almost two weeks left. I wonder if we can beat the year one total of 60 teams

If not, maybe a banner ad below?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

If not, maybe a banner ad below?

Could work. I think most people just aren't expecting leagues to be starting right now so you got to go after them instead.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

tbf this draft is starting way the hell early and should be delayed weeks

I’ve done slow drafts before and you can start in August, well after preseason has started, and finish in plenty of time. The August draft ranks will be way different so the other Scott Fish draft results will be irrelevant too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah that's kind of the point, to get us through the July dead zone with some excitement. I'm starting it at the exact same time as the real SFB

Also slow drafts are tough in August because things change during preseason games if you're on the clock. I was on the clock when AP signed with Washington after the Guice injury so I got a steal there just due to randomness and not skill

Also, hey, invite your friends if they're fantasy nuts, it's fun to chat about. I'm sure I can get it up to ay least 60 because I'm really good at promotion, but I'd love to see how high this can get.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah sfb starts drafting on July 8th. Its pretty normal

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah that's kind of the point, to get us through the July dead zone with some excitement. I'm starting it at the exact same time as the real SFB

Also slow drafts are tough in August because things change during preseason games if you're on the clock. I was on the clock when AP signed with Washington after the Guice injury so I got a steal there just due to randomness and not skill

Also, hey, invite your friends if they're fantasy nuts, it's fun to chat about. I'm sure I can get it up to ay least 60 because I'm really good at promotion, but I'd love to see how high this can get.

My friends are all imaginary.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Time to make a /fantasyfootball post?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Time to make a /fantasyfootball post?

Don't get me started on Reddit. I went to /r/fantasyfootball, which is actually a pretty fun place. After reading all the rules, I realized I needed to post in /r/findaleague. So I went to that sub, read all their rules, and carefully crafted a giant post that really promoted this league and followed all the rules. I posted it... and it was immediately reported and taken down for violating the rules.

I sent the mods a nice email asking what rule I had broken. A day later they got back to me saying that I hadn't broken any rules, but posts get automatically removed if anyone reports them. They re-activated my post, but by then it had fallen off of the front page.

I'm not worried, I always get enough teams. I have another blast planned for monday. Heck, I haven't even invited my friends, yet.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 26, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

If you write up something detailed I can just copy and paste to another internet message board, I have some places I can blast it

other people here probably do too

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

If you write up something detailed I can just copy and paste to another internet message board, I have some places I can blast it

other people here probably do too

Hey, thanks, here is a detailed write up
https://footballabsurdity.com/2019/06/25/join-our-free-fish-bowl-league-win-prizes/

I made the links both embedded and bb coded so they should work no matter what

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Back in for Year 3. Thanks for organizing Drunk Nerds!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

Back in for Year 3. Thanks for organizing Drunk Nerds!

Cervixalot, by the way, beat out 59 other teams to win the ring in the GFB 1

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Looks like we up to 60 teams, ya boyee

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Looks like we up to 60 teams, ya boyee

I see 39, but I'd love to be wrong

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I'm in. Thanks for setting this up and giving me something to do in The Dead Zone between now and September.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Have at 'em, ya animals

https://dynasty.tools/SFB9.html

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you, sir.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
In!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Just posted about this league in a couple places using your link https://footballabsurdity.com/2019/06/25/join-our-free-fish-bowl-league-win-prizes/

Hopefully you get a few more entries this weekend.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Just posted about this league in a couple places using your link https://footballabsurdity.com/2019/06/25/join-our-free-fish-bowl-league-win-prizes/

Hopefully you get a few more entries this weekend.

Thanks a bunch!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Who else is advertising this? Has it had a banner ad or multiposts in the regular FF thread?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Who else is advertising this? Has it had a banner ad or multiposts in the regular FF thread?

Yeah it's been spammed in the reg FF thread. I'm not going to buy a banner ad because I'd rather spend that money on prizes and 43 is a decent number this far from the actual draft date. Plus I worry that people will show up and then drop out because they're not hardcore FF heads- Like who is down for a slow draft in July that doesn't already check TAQ?

I'm going to do another blast monday, and open it up to my irl friends. After that, I don't like to advertise it because I need it to end on a number divisible by 12... if friday comes and we're at like 4 remainder I blast it, if we're at like 10 remainder I just quietly get a couple more friends in.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How hard was it to set up the Fish Bowl league? I help run a bar and have been thinking about doing a Best Ball Fish Bowl league with no trades for the customers of the bar. Trying to keep it low maintenance on my end since I'm already running an employee one, too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

How hard was it to set up the Fish Bowl league? I help run a bar and have been thinking about doing a Best Ball Fish Bowl league with no trades for the customers of the bar. Trying to keep it low maintenance on my end since I'm already running an employee one, too.

Pretty hard. MFL and Fantrax don't really do that playoff system where best record gets a bye and everyone else goes by total points. MFL says it does, but didn't for me. So I have to manually calculate and type up the standings every week. If you got rid of the best record bye and just did everything by total points it would make things a lot easier on you.

The settings are hard too, but you could probably just copy (or maybe even clone) the goon fish bowl.

Plus you get a lot of correspondence, about 4x as much as a normal league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
drat. Well, thinking about it again, if I had something like 20 people playing, I might end up with mostly complaints about MFL or Fantrax in general anyways.

Trying to think of the best set up for something like this.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

drat. Well, thinking about it again, if I had something like 20 people playing, I might end up with mostly complaints about MFL or Fantrax in general anyways.

Goontier without dynasty

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

Just invite them to this one?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Just invite them to this one?

That's a pretty good idea. If you had an even dozen and nobody objects I'd be willing to put them in their own division

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's a pretty good idea. If you had an even dozen and nobody objects I'd be willing to put them in their own division

I would have no objection for them being in their own division.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go for it. The more the merrier.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I guess you don't even need an even dozen for me to stick them all in the same division.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

I tried to move my >10+ year main money 14-team league from ESPN to MFL one year. It was a disaster. Even in a league filled with people who had been playing fantasy for years, they hated MFL and could not adjust and complained ENDLESSLY.

We went back to ESPN the following year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

I tried to move my >10+ year main money 14-team league from ESPN to MFL one year. It was a disaster. Even in a league filled with people who had been playing fantasy for years, they hated MFL and could not adjust and complained ENDLESSLY.

We went back to ESPN the following year.

Call me an uncultured swine but I actually prefer ESPN's interface for fantasy football over all the others that I've tried. However, they've prettied it up this year (https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029129952-ESPN-Fantasy-Football-Updates), so I don't know how much I'm going to like it, but I'll try to give it a fair shot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm most likely locking this at 60, and we've been getting a steady trickle of members from Beersheets, so if you were thinking of :getin: do so sooner than later. I'd hate for goons to miss out

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I like MFL, actually .

But, drat, there was a learning curve.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've never used fantrax before. How do we see our 12-team divisions and draft order? Anything else we should know about the site? I don't see a native mobile app for it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

I've never used fantrax before. How do we see our 12-team divisions and draft order? Anything else we should know about the site? I don't see a native mobile app for it.

You just bookmark the site on your phone. I don't believe they have an official mobile app yet. But you can draft from there.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

I'll randomize and build the divisions on Sunday or Monday. When I do that I'll set the random draft order.

From what I hear the app is legendarily bad. We've been doing a best ball draft on Fanttax, and I've just had the site open on my phone's web browser. It's intuitive if you've ever drafted on any other site, I'm actually impressed so far.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are these draft settings from the league site correct? I thought it started Monday and was a slow draft, not live draft. Also 22 rounds?

quote:

Draft Type: Live Online Standard (Regular & Slow)
# of rounds: 18
Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00AM EDT
Time limit per pick: 1 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Are these draft settings from the league site correct? I thought it started Monday and was a slow draft, not live draft. Also 22 rounds?

Yeah, that's weird... I'll check that and fix it, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
We're starting Tuesday, but it is a slow draft and it should be 22 rounds.