Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fantrax, that's a FF site? Is that where the league is hosted, or...?

Why not just have all the goons plan in scott fish bowl and give out prizes for top goons there? Are many people playing in both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Oh, I didn't realize it was invite only. I just briefly went to its website and it has a signup spot saying there's like 12,000 people signed up.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I joined.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

tbf this draft is starting way the hell early and should be delayed weeks

I’ve done slow drafts before and you can start in August, well after preseason has started, and finish in plenty of time. The August draft ranks will be way different so the other Scott Fish draft results will be irrelevant too.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

If you write up something detailed I can just copy and paste to another internet message board, I have some places I can blast it

other people here probably do too

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Just posted about this league in a couple places using your link https://footballabsurdity.com/2019/06/25/join-our-free-fish-bowl-league-win-prizes/

Hopefully you get a few more entries this weekend.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Who else is advertising this? Has it had a banner ad or multiposts in the regular FF thread?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

drat. Well, thinking about it again, if I had something like 20 people playing, I might end up with mostly complaints about MFL or Fantrax in general anyways.

Trying to think of the best set up for something like this.

I tried to move my >10+ year main money 14-team league from ESPN to MFL one year. It was a disaster. Even in a league filled with people who had been playing fantasy for years, they hated MFL and could not adjust and complained ENDLESSLY.

We went back to ESPN the following year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've never used fantrax before. How do we see our 12-team divisions and draft order? Anything else we should know about the site? I don't see a native mobile app for it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are these draft settings from the league site correct? I thought it started Monday and was a slow draft, not live draft. Also 22 rounds?

quote:

Draft Type: Live Online Standard (Regular & Slow)
# of rounds: 18
Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00AM EDT
Time limit per pick: 1 minutes

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah, that's weird... I'll check that and fix it, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
We're starting Tuesday, but it is a slow draft and it should be 22 rounds.

Ok, great.

Some other Fantrax GoonFB (GFB) differences I noted compared to Scott Fish Bowl settings:

SFB locks players at kickoff, but GFB locks at 5 minutes before kickoff.

SFB Blind Bidding Ties Are Broken By: Earliest Submitted Bid Wins
GFB Bid tie-breaker: Lowest ranked team in the standings wins the bid

I'm not entirely clear on how fantrax free agent handling works after a player is dropped, but it looks like there may be some other differences there too.

GFB has "Maximum Reserve Players: 8" but there is no equivalent setting on SFB. I have no idea what the Fantrax reserve player setting does, but it seems different from injured reserve, and maybe we should not have it?

GFB has this setting: "Score Flex positions by the players' actual positions: No". Does that mean that a TE in a flex slot will not get the TE bonus scoring? What does it mean, I guess?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Awesome, thanks.

I am also exceedingly happy to be in 89's division. Two reasons: 1. he is a prolific poster, smart FF player, fun guy, and FELLOW EAGLES FAN. 2. This league does not allow trades and he is so trade-addicted that he will hate his entire roster by week 2.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Draft order set. Locking lowed

Draft is very messed up, at least in our division:
https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/draftPicks.go?leagueId=1r00fplwjx2az8nt&season=2019&viewType=ROUND&divisionId=wflmnez6jxqgks1u

I don't even have a pick lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

It looks right to me

no trollin’ on league settings issues plz, I don’t trust fantrax to work at all

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Good, I needed a puzzle to get me through the weekend.

SillyBurrito. Didn't the best ball draft return a similarly hosed up display before the draft launched completely normally? I kinda remember that

I can test by running a draft on one division this weekend to see if it goes normal, then revert it

At the league home page, the very top-right pop-up menu (three horiz lines) has a support/feedback option that includes toll free phone numbers for support. Maybe they can help fix the draft? I know that ESPN's support is usually pretty quick on responses during draft season.

My main concern here, aside from actually having picks :stonk: is that on Tues-Fri this week during eastern timezone work hours, I'll be entirely unable to draft and generally without internet. I don't want to time out, of course, so if the draft was all set up, I could see my slot, etc., then I was going to edit my early round draft order and maybe set some predraft picks (if that's even possible on fantrax?). Never used fantrax before so I'll just jump on my picks as soon as I actually can each day.

edit: p.s. draft settings still show as below for me (as per prior rounds/time discussion)

quote:

Draft Type: Live Online Standard (Regular & Slow)
# of rounds: 18
Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00AM EDT
Time limit per pick: 1 minutes

pmchem fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 6, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh that's funny. I got pick 9 and I think I couldn't be more satisfied.

Give me my pick of whoever's left of the top 4 wrs or kelce or Gordon/Conner/Johnson, then bounce back to me with Mixon/Chubb/JuSchu/Beckham/Bel

Maybe 10th would be even better, but those are my top slots

Ok, the Dracula division draft looks like a normal old draft order so I think you've solved most of our problems, if people actually show up at the correct draft site when things kick off :v:

One thing to fix @ divisional draft sites, I'm seeing this:

quote:

Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00PM EDT

I imagine that's supposed to be AM not PM?

Also i'm gonna msg you some other info I got from fantrax support, but I'll avoid confusing everyone in thread.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Dracula division is still scheduled for:
Draft Date: Tue Jul 9 2019, 11:00PM EDT

(PM instead of AM)

Also, weird thought: the dracula div homepage says it has 12 of 60 people joined. Will the draft even begin if the league isn't full? On some sites, the league must be full to draft. May want to adjust max players on the draft sites?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Dracula draft settings look correct now and I got the reminder email from fantrax. Ready to rock!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm 10. I may never get a pick.

I'm 10 in dracula and on deck, the OTC guy has been OTC 3 hours so far.

I gotta run for a couple hours but I'll pick tonight if I'm up, for sure.

Tough with 60 people in drafts ... some people just seem to forget they signed up for the league and need poking!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I’m riding in a car at the moment but am going Kittle at 1.10 dracula. TE is just stupid good in this format and they should all go way over fantrax ranking/adp.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Way under

heh, okay I can see how that phrasing may be interpreted differently. What I meant was that TEs should be drafted way before their fantrax ranking/adp (fantrax's draft ranks are useless for fish bowl scoring format and its projections are off too).

I just got home and drafted Kittle.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

It's weird, with a 22 round draft, the waiver wire is gonna be thin. In many leagues I can rely on playing matchups with bench/waiver wire TEs and discovering a useful starter midseason (hello Eric Ebron!). But in this league, those waiver guys simply won't be available. So you gotta have a prime starter.

e: that's on top of TEs having the insane double PPR and PPFD scoring

pmchem fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 10, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hardrock527 has an hour to time out in Dracula...

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89, I'll see your Kelce/Mixon/Fournette start and raise you Kittle/Cook/Jacobs!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I picked an old vet with tons of stats in the fourth to make you feel better!!!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

I spent a 2nd on Dalvin Cook last year and still haven't gotten over the burn.

I feel you, been there with players. He seems healthy and in a better spot right now than a lot of other guys so I rolled with him.

First 5 rounds of this draft, it’s virtually impossible to draft a bad team on paper. I look forward to talking mad poo poo about your wasted 10th rounder though!!!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm back from work, took Matty Ice

looks like QB run is in full effect today in Dracula

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 gonna use the waiver wire to stream WRs all season

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 I approve of your Alshon pick
(go Eagles)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

man I'm looking at our draft and a few of the teams are so bad I'm not sure which one is the league taco

this season is gonna be entertaining one way or another

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

We're on glide path to have our first autodraft pick in Dracula

but I guess after someone takes Tarik Cohen as their RB2 in the 5th, things start to look grim

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Scruffy the janitor posted:

There are worse auto picks than James white in this league. Wish it had been Guice

Omegatemplar7 will autodraft Guice next time around, unless Hardrock527 beats him to it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Dracula has made one pick all day today. Currently waiting on College_commish

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

A lot of people don’t seem to appreciate how useless the fantrax ADP ranks are in a 2QB league like this one

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

No Larry, that drafter is a fraud

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

Couldn't resist.

I guess who know who's gonna pick Foles :v:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I was disappointed you didn't pick another Eagle. Coulda run the table for the rest of your draft :getin:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Corey Davis at 10.03, I like that as a flex. Pettis went over 3 rounds earlier.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Your season is gonna end because one of your WRs goes down and you're suddenly fielding John Ross as a WR3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

we’re not even in the late rounds yet :unsmith: