Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codswallop
Dec 26, 2012

BABIES EVERYWHERE!
I’ve just spent the last few months reading through this and wow...

Back when Twilight came out I was a snobby teenage pseudointellectual who thought herself better than girly romance books, so I read the sporkings and parroted back their lines on how no one with brains would ever think abusive romances should be gushed over, but like a typical pseudointellectual I’d never read the source material being criticised.

Reading this entire thread nowadays after accepting 2000’s spork culture was cringe and I was cringe for participating has been an experience... can’t believe the sporkers were completely correct.

Thank you Chitoryu for your commentary! Getting to see how deeply the Mormonism influenced the story has been fascinating. What a complete and utter failure of a POV choice this entire book has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU