Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Didn't Oshii also make a series that conspicuously had the words"ghost," "in," "the," and "shell" in the title in an order that would not get them sued?

Shiro (GitS author) has another series called Pandora in the Crimson Shell. I don't think Oshii has anything to do with it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

this leaves out that it's girl-meets-girl and also oshii isn't actually directing

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Viridiant posted:

I'll check out Fire Force and Dr. Stone but I'm not expecting to keep an interest in either of those. What I'm really looking forward to is Vinland Saga, and then of course whatever smaller scope shows seem to catch on in this thread. Those usually end up being pretty good.

I read the Fire Force manga, and own all the volumes so far, about 14 right now. I think it's really good, interesting characters, good world building, and interesting mysteries and good fights. I hope it will be popular.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

a kitten posted:

Shiro (GitS author) has another series called Pandora in the Crimson Shell. I don't think Oshii has anything to do with it tho.

The full title is Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn. Seriously.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

lmbo, even better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Written by Shriow drawn by the Excel Saga guy, it was definitely... a combination

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sakurazuka posted:

Written by Shriow drawn by the Excel Saga guy, it was definitely... a combination

That was the one about underage lesbian cyborgs, wasn't it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I mean, you have to admit it's not exactly off-brand for Shirow.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, you have to admit it's not exactly off-brand for Shirow.

Nor the Excel Saga guy, tbqh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

this leaves out that it's girl-meets-girl and also oshii isn't actually directing

Sounds like it could be good then

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I'm tentatively excited.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

oshii owns and i won't take this

it will probably be good though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

GorfZaplen posted:

Sounds like it could be good then

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I read a few of them and I doubt Shiro wrote anything except the footnotes.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is this all the anime that's going to be announced? I had my hopes up for So I'm a Spider coming out this season, but I'm not seeing an announcement for it anywhere.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Maxwell Adams posted:

Is this all the anime that's going to be announced? I had my hopes up for So I'm a Spider coming out this season, but I'm not seeing an announcement for it anywhere.

The anime was announced in July last year, and there still hasn't been a release date announced for it yet. I think all that we know is that it's being produced by Jōtarō Ishigami.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Julias posted:

The anime was announced in July last year, and there still hasn't been a release date announced for it yet. I think all that we know is that it's being produced by Jōtarō Ishigami.

Not true. We also know that it has some really awful looking CG for the main story.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Kinchan!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

Perhaps the producers saw Slime Isekai and declared "Nope. No way Spider can compete with this. Let's just pretend it doesn't exist."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slime was okay until everyones designs got way more boring

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

Slime was okay until everyones designs got way more boring

This

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Slime was okay until it decided to rush through 400 chapters in two episodes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Slime was okay until I stopped seeing pictures of the ogre lady in a suit on my tl anymore

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

slime was

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Slime Season 2 will kick all of the asses.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
slime cooper

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've read some spoilers about how dumb Slime isekai gets towards the end, and I think I need to see that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've read some spoilers about how dumb Slime isekai gets towards the end, and I think I need to see that.
You must've been reading the web novel spoilers. I'd suggest talking to Doomrider about them.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Up to the pig boss was awesome. Got real bored after twin-tails showed up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Clitch posted:

Up to the pig boss was awesome. Got real bored after twin-tails showed up.

The pacing just died right when I was hoping we were really about to take off. I remember hearing that there was some sort of publisher mandate to catch up with the manga or the novels or something, which is unfortunate.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

I'm definitely going to check out Vinland Saga and El-Melloi Case Files. Really hoping the latter fills the Fate/Zero-sized hole in my heart that UBW didn't live up to, since wizards being terrible people is my favorite part of the Nasu-verse.

I'll also watch O Maidens In Your Savage Season, since girls being perverts is my One Weakness™, and we've been sorely deficient in that area since B Gata H Kei aired (oh god) almost a decade ago. That dumbbell show might be interesting, so I'll take a look. Both of these shows I might end up dropping once the novelty wears off, but they have my attention.

Possibly will follow Granbelm, Dr. Stone, and Joshikausei. Granbelm's 10-minute preview didn't really do much for me, but I'm getting some interesting vibes so I'll let other people do the legwork and let me know if its worth watching. Also heard good things about Dr. Stone, so we'll see if that can overcome my inherent aversion to all things Shonen. Joshikausei's fate will be determined by how well it lives up to the gender-flipped version of Nichibros I've crafted in my head.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Malsangoroth posted:

I'll also watch O Maidens In Your Savage Season, since girls being perverts is my One Weakness™, and we've been sorely deficient in that area since B Gata H Kei aired (oh god) almost a decade ago.

Did you watch Seitokai Yakuindomo? That was pretty much the entire point of that show.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

and for those that don't know, the fantasy single dad show later goes full usagi drop. so uh, no.

THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1144592533974126593

Was worried Symphogear wouldn't be streaming in English like last season

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SatoshiMiwa posted:

:same:

...since we knew both season 4 and 5 were coming before season 4 aired, I feel like Crunchyroll intentionally held off on licensing s4 until now-perhaps they thought they could license both seasons for cheaper/ AXZ would get more attention/views with XV being there right after?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SatoshiMiwa posted:

:getin:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I'm happy about Symphogear!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i was always antislime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Malsangoroth posted:

I'll also watch O Maidens In Your Savage Season, since girls being perverts is my One Weakness™, and we've been sorely deficient in that area since B Gata H Kei aired (oh god) almost a decade ago.
Ao-Chan Can't Study isn't as lewd but it does get funny.
Please Tell Me, Galko-Chan isn't horny on main but it's a funny kind of schoolyard sex myths chatter that's played for laughs.
And How Clumsy You Are, Ms. Ueno is all types of middle school first crush awkward.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Galko is good, watch it anyway.