Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yesss that ship's name!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

You wonder if the nat20 guy is going to be awesome beyond all belief. Or be eerily calm about the disaster.

"Oh, it happened again."

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
satisfying update

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

The sound of the Esmeralda breaking apart and the screams of the men would haunt Jeanette for some time to come.

Mr. Petalas had taken her to a small cabin and told her to stay there until they were done with their work. He didn’t lock the door behind him when he left. She’d tried it immediately, but hadn’t stepped beyond the threshold, returning instead to the tiny bed that made up most of the room.

It had to be well past midnight, but she couldn’t relax enough to sleep, even though she felt a weariness that penetrated her very bones. When the cannons went off she covered her ears and shook with fear for the men who were surely dying.

If not for her decision to petition Thaddeus, she would have been among them, lost in the dark sea.

Footsteps continued to pass back and forth in the passage beyond her small room, but she didn’t move from where she sat, her fingers growing through the motions of the rosary in her lap even though it had been lost in her cell on the Esmeralda. When the door opened she jumped, startled, pressing her back against the bulkhead.

“The captain wants to see you.” The pirate at the door was black, his clothes a little dirty but in good repair. “I’m to fetch you to him.”

:siren: 1.What does Jeanette do?
A. Refuse to leave the room unless Thaddeus is brought to her
B. Go with the man to meet the captain
C. Something else: Write in

2. Additionally:
D.
Ask the sailor’s name, be polite
E. Do not ask his name.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
BD. Social wiles time. Be polite, be cautious, and, if all else fails, lay on the sexy.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B
D

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Junpei posted:

BD. Social wiles time. Be polite, be cautious, and, if all else fails, lay on the sexy.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Junpei posted:

Vote: +1

:pervert:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Junpei posted:

yeah. BD

maybe if she's feeling resourceful she could remember to thank him too, which surely won't be her reflexive response faced with a black man. making an effort to treat him as a gentleman may win her some points

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BD

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Taking me to the captain. Jeanette swallowed hard, and got to her feet, steadying herself against the bulkhead. “Of course. Please lead the way.”

The tall black pirate held the door and then walked just in front of her down the passage, past what was surely the ship’s galley. It was full of hot food and a scowling cook who chopped something just out of sight as he glared at Jeanette. She quickly looked back to her guide and hastened to stay close to him.

“I didn’t catch your name, good sir,” she said, and he looked over his shoulder at her, an expression of surprise on his face. “I am Jeanette Vignes,” she added hopefully.

“Samuel.” The name was spoken softly and clearly even as they continued to walk the passageway. “Just Samuel.”

Jeanette smiled up at him. “I am pleased to meet you, Samuel.”

He looked down at her, his face hard to read. “We are here.” They stopped walking, and Samuel put his hand on the wooden doors in front of them.

Jeanette looked down at herself, knowing she looked frightful after her imprisonment and time spent running around the Esmeralda, may God have mercy on their souls. She reflexively crossed herself at the thought, and Samuel caught her hand mid-gesture with his much larger hand.

“None of that here, miss.” He hesitated, as if he might say more, then released her hand and knocked at the doors before them.

“Come in!” It was the voice of the one Mr. Petalas had called Erik. The Captain.

Samuel opened the door and light spilled out into the passage. He gestured for Jeanette to walk inside, and she did so, her eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness.

Behind her the door closed. Samuel had not followed her inside.

“Well, come on girl, let’s have a look at you.”

As her eyes grew used to the bright lamplight, Jeanette could see the captain sitting casually on the edge of a table - his desk perhaps, his hawkish face focused on her as she stepped forward. Thaddeus Petalas stood behind the desk and to the side, leaning over it and studying a book.

A laugh from her right made her startle, and Jeanette saw the man called Jacob sitting on his haunches on the decking, scrubbing his hand through his fiery beard as he stared at her.

He laughed again. “She’s a timid one.” Jacob raised his eyebrows at her, almost in a leer, and she tightened her hands in the fabric of her skirts as she forced herself to walk a few more steps into the room.

:siren: Now what??
A. Jeanette should start talking
B. Jeanette should wait for the captain to ask her a question, or some other cue before speaking.
C. Something else, write in

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A.) Speak. Be bold.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

hollylolly posted:

:siren: Now what??

Time to plant stakes (pun fully intended).

Vote: C. Something else, write in

"Timid, Sir? Perhaps. Or, maybe I just have the good manners to be grateful to my rescuers, instead of squatting on the floor and combing myself for lice like a mangy dog."

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

C: Curtsey politely. Then B.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

CourValant posted:

"Timid, Sir? Perhaps. Or, maybe I just have the good manners to be grateful to my rescuers, instead of squatting on the floor and combing myself for lice like a mangy dog."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

CourValant posted:

Oh snap! :lol::lol:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

:nyd:

If only I was as quick and witty on the draw in real life, as opposed to Treppenwitz.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
Also caught up with this one, I'll have as much hollylolly CYOA as I can get, please and thank you!

CourValant posted:

I like this. To be fair, the guy probably can't use a chair for a couple of days :master:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A CourValant is putting out some good sass though.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I said this on the Discord but I’m going to be camping next week and won’t have WIFI so the update won’t get posted until next-next week. On the plus side I should get the last edits done to my book and finally put that to bed. :j:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

hollylolly posted:

I said this on the Discord but I’m going to be camping next week and won’t have WIFI so the update won’t get posted until next-next week. On the plus side I should get the last edits done to my book and finally put that to bed. :j:

Good luck with that! Maybe I need to go out in nature and finish my novel, too, sounds like a good plan.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

holy poo poo CV out of nowhere with the sass. :ocelot:

Plan CV

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

hollylolly posted:

I want to hear vampirate stories by the campfire. :colbert:

Have a good time! :wave:

Also, what book?

Hexenritter posted:

holy poo poo CV out of nowhere with the sass. :ocelot:

Plan CV

Hey Forum Buddy! :wave:

Apparently, deep inside this sack of middle-aged meat (filled with organic soymilk cappuccinos) dwells the heart of a sassy, heaving bosom, WASPish french spoiled brat. :clint:

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

CourValant posted:

Have a good time! :wave:

Also, what book?

Hey Forum Buddy! :wave:

Apparently, deep inside this sack of middle-aged meat (filled with organic soymilk cappuccinos) dwells the heart of a sassy, heaving bosom, WASPish french spoiled brat. :clint:

Dream your dream to the fullest

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CourValant posted:

Vampfirates?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Brawnfire posted:

Vampfirates?

Vampfirate, Firate, Vo-vamrite,
Vonana-fanna Fo-Famrite,
Vee Vi Mo-Mamrite.
Vampfirate!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

big tity vampie

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm going to interpret this vote as "speak, but with sass" ;)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

“She’s a timid one.”

Jeanette paused, hands tightening into fists at her side, hidden in her skirts. Reading fortunes at parties was just a trick, really, one that involved reading the people around her. Her quick wit and sharp sense of humor had made her a favorite among the other young people of the island, and no one had ever called her timid before.

One potential suitor had called her a ‘cold fish’ when she’d refused his inappropriate advances at a gathering, but she’d upended the punch bowl over his head and nearly drowned him. Ruined one of her best dresses with the backsplash, too.

“Do not mistake caution for timidity, sir.” Jeanette turned her head to gaze coolly down on the red bearded pirate. “One might be forgiven a certain amount of trepidation when confronted by a man combing himself for lice, like a mangy dog.”

The amused look on Jacob’s face faded slowly as he processed what she’d said, and he lurched to his feet, towering above her with a deep frown. She held her ground, lifting her chin to stare up at him, channeling all her years of privilege into a single, confident moment even as her heart thumped wildly inside her chest.

The captain jumped up from his perch on the desk and walked toward them, his movements as graceful as a cat.

“I am sure we can all be civilized.” He turned his aquiline eyes on Jacob, and an unspoken command was passed, making the big man step back to lean against the bulkhead. He still scowled as Jeanette turned her attention to the pirate captain.

“My name is Erik Odinson, and you are on my ship, the Bloody Sunrise.” Erik’s eyes seemed to capture hers, and Jeanette looked away with effort, curtseying.

“I thank you for my rescue, sir.” She remained in her curtsey for a moment, then straightened up. “My father, rather, I can pay you for my safe return to Saint-Domingue.”

“I’m sure you can,” Erik said. Then he smiled widely. “However, we’ve only just left Saint-Domingue and won’t be back for some time. Will we, Thaddeus?”

Mr. Petalas made a noise in the back of his throat. “No, I’m afraid not, Miss Vignes. But do not worry, we can arrange to drop you off at our next port.”

“And where is that?” Jeanette felt warm, the captain was standing a little too close to her, and she focused past him on Thaddeus Petalas.

“Jamaica. It will be a few nights sailing to reach it.” Thaddeus looked up from his maps. “Do not fear the crew, you will be quite safe while on board. I swear it.”

“Yes,” growled Jacob from the side of the cabin, “Mr. Post has put you under his personal protection.”

Jeanette looked sideways at the big man, and he smiled unpleasantly, his teeth white against his ruddy complexion.

“Post?” She turned to the other two pirates, and Captain Odinson laughed, stepping back.

“Thaddeus Petalas is a mouthful - we call him Post. It is easier for the crew.”

“It’s because he has a stick up his arse,” supplied Jacob, grinning and relaxing again as Mr. Petalas sighed.

:siren: Choices, choices
A. Insist on returning to Saint-Domingue (modern Haiti)
B. Jamaica would be ok, your father has contacts there, though it has been years since you visited.
C. Offer a third option - write in a destination and a reason why you want to go there

:siren: Choose another POV character
1. Thaddeus
2. Erik
3. Jacob

edit: forgot banner image

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 25, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
B and 2.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

hollylolly posted:

“My name is Erik Odinson, and you are on my ship, the Bloody Sunrise.”

:thunk:

Was his first vessel a longship? Meet his progenitor in the Paris catacombs during a raid?

hollylolly posted:

:siren: Choices, choices

Vote: B. Jamaica would be ok, your father has contacts there, though it has been years since you visited.

hollylolly posted:

:siren: Choose another POV character

Vote: 2. Erik

@hollylolly Welcome Back! :wave:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
B, 3

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Being under the personal protection of someone with the authority to make the crew keep a wide berth seems safer than being deposited in an unfamiliar town on an unfamiliar island with no letters of introduction or other proof of being who you claim, and no money.

C: settle in for as long as it'll take to get home, or as long as thaddeus is on the ship, whichever comes sooner.

then 1 :justpost:

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B2

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
B3

Jeanette should inquire with the captain or Thaddeus about:
- how long the Bloody Sunrise will be moored in Jamaica (Kingston?). This just in case we can't manage to get safe quickly, I think we'd rather run back to be under Thaddeus' ward on board than stay on Jamaica alone.
- what will happen to the priest and the nun?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B3. I like the mangey dog and his lack of authoritarian respect.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

B3. I like the mangey dog and his lack of authoritarian respect.

:same:

B3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Looks like B & 3 are the winners!

I submitted my book to the publisher yesterday morning. ( http://bit.ly/faechild <-- my book ) No ETA on when the next step kicks off, but hopefully I'll find out soon.