Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
Also caught up with this one, I'll have as much hollylolly CYOA as I can get, please and thank you!

CourValant posted:

Time to plant stakes (pun fully intended).

Vote: C. Something else, write in

"Timid, Sir? Perhaps. Or, maybe I just have the good manners to be grateful to my rescuers, instead of squatting on the floor and combing myself for lice like a mangy dog."

I like this. To be fair, the guy probably can't use a chair for a couple of days :master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

B3

Jeanette should inquire with the captain or Thaddeus about:
- how long the Bloody Sunrise will be moored in Jamaica (Kingston?). This just in case we can't manage to get safe quickly, I think we'd rather run back to be under Thaddeus' ward on board than stay on Jamaica alone.
- what will happen to the priest and the nun?

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

A If they give men's clothing, make sure to change back to the dress on arrival in Jamaica. I don't think wearing men's clothing would work in Jeanette's favor there, especially when dealing with religious types.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

I absolutely agree on the principle, and in a pinch I think we'd be able to make good use of men's clothing. But the plan for now is to meet with her father's contacts. They're most likely merchants, but some might be religious types as well, you never know. Those are a lot more sensitive to this thing than pirates. I think for that purpose we just want to pass as Jeanette Vignes, "daughter of".

Anyway, it was a minor point, this post is already blowing it way out of proportion but I don't want to ignore your comments either.

theroachman fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 6, 2019

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C The nun can swim around and find wood on her own, we need to find the goddamn ten-year-old kid and get him floating asap :gonk: :gonk:

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

+1 plan CourValant

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C The dude got impaled in the gut and walked away. Granted, I'm metagaming here as Jeanette didn't see that, but she saw him hold up the captain by the neck with one hand so she most likely did notice his claws and his supernatural strength.

My end goal here is likely the same as the people voting A, namely to get Thaddeus to admit that they're vampires, but I think Jeanette would first want to know what's up with the super obvious redheaded Gangrel beast on the ship. We can ask Thad about the more subtle stuff like blood magic later, I'm afraid he would brush it off as some ritual or folk superstition if we lead with that question.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

AA whoops I mean CB

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

1.B: Moar social combat! :words:

“Mr. Martin, my apologies for frustrating you even further, but I feel like I must admit: I have been disingenuous with you. My cautious approach to this matter seems to be testing your patience, so if you’ll indulge me for another moment, I will state my business more plainly.

During my short stay aboard this ship I have had a number of puzzling experiences, and I hope you can help me make some sense of them. Just now, on the deck, I asked Mr. Petalas about the strange ritual he performed on me when we were fleeing the Esmeralda. We were coming up from the hold, the sounds of heavy fighting coming from the deck above us. He whispered a few incomprehensible words and then he touched… I do not even know if I can fully trust my recollection, but it seemed to be some sort of…blood magic. He did not deny it when I inquired about it, but he said that mortals are not meant to know about such things. Which implies… (frustraded sigh) I’m afraid that my mind is still reeling from what has happened these last few days. I have these questions burning inside my head that are so perplexing that I am unable to even formulate them.

Last night – or this day, rather – I slept very restlessly. Hardly unexpected. But there was this one image that kept appearing in my mind’s eye, troubling me greatly. An image of you, Mr. Martin. I recall you, standing on the deck of the Esmeralda. It is quiet, everyone is watching you. You are soaked in blood from the waist down oh god so much blood. You are holding the ship’s captain out in front of you with one hand, your arm outstretched. His feet are dangling and kicking the air. Your hand, it is tightly gripping his throat, holding his windpipe shut. His eyes are bulging, his face has turned a dark crimson. He is struggling, clawing at your forearm, grasping at your hand. Your hand...your hand, it is not natural

(I am assuming here that Jacob's hands are not clawed all the time, from the description of how he was leading Jeanette by the arm without hurting her)

2.D

theroachman fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 12, 2019

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

:lol: I spent the better part of an hour writing that, and the dude just slams the door after half a sentence? (j/k, it's hilarious! :keke:)

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C. I want to know if the nun drowned yet if Marco manages to survive the shipwreck and hopefully also save Miguel and the others (RIP Paco)

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

hollylolly posted:

...When Jacob emerged from below decks, reinvigorated from his rest and a quick meal to take the edge off ...

My thought process went like: "Vampires don't eat fooOH GOD OH GOD OH GOD" :gonk:

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Try Mercier's offices once, if nobody's there the next option is to go sit out the night (sleep?) in a chapel or church.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Elentor posted:

I'd go with confiding if he wasn't so incredibly suspicious, so I'm going with B as well.

He's just puzzled about where Jeanette suddendly came from, that's why he's eying the quay.

A, except don't mention that she was a prisoner of the inquisition. She was just traveling when the pirates attacked.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

I am in complete consensus with what was said above. So that's a C for me!

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

While I'm very curious about the fate of the captain, I can't resist the opportunity for metagaming offered by going with Mary :)

D.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

D I bless the rains down in Naavassaaaaaaaaaa :dance: :catholic:

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

poo poo, where's Leonardo DiCaprio when you need him.

What are our options for euthanasia? If we don't have a quick method like a pistol, it'll be difficult. Probably the next most painless way is load the guy up on wine, conc him over the head and then suffocate him, but I don't see Marco choosing that over some good oldfashioned christ-like suffering to make sure the poor sinner ends up in heaven. Even today there are religious folk who consider euthanasia as equivalent to suicide, I doubt Marco has more progressive ideas.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C

(awesome writing btw, I'm loving this story)

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

:woop: Welcome back!

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Z

and I'll try to work on write-in questions for the servants slaves.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Shoot, I wanted to ask about the missing carpets. Is Mrs. Mercier still being sent for? Or do we gather that Mr. Mercier Sr. is full of poo poo and his wife has fled from the drunkard to the plantation and taken the good carpets with her.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

A for Jeanette and B for Jacob

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C A

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Eh, D I guess. Jeanette can get out of Mercier's sight and wait for Jacob to catch up. If Jacob wants to maim or kill the abusive drunkard in the mean time, that's on him.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

theroachman posted:

... If Jacob wants to maim or kill the abusive drunkard in the mean time, that's on him.

Oh poo poo, seems like it'll be on us anyway :3: Voting A because I think it'll create some interesting effects within the vampire triumvirate

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Snipe checked and confirmed. :master:

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Little bit from column B, little bit from column C. I call it gaswooning.

lame joke post not to be confused for an actual vote

theroachman fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 5, 2020

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

D, comment that she ought to really ask where that stain came from but that it would be impolitic and ungrateful. Also thank him for the assistance.

This!

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

I feel like Jacob would not deem that question with an answer. E. We must get looking to leave shore

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

B

With all respect, I don't like looting the house. It increases her culpability and causes trouble for Mrs. Mercier (who is finally rid of her abusive husband). Besides, I don't think Jacob or any other vampirates would take Jeanette up on her offer for 'help'.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

A. I wanna see Odinson and Petalas' faces when Jeanette turns up :D

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Grab the nearest monocular and study the pirate ship.

Crew on deck, special markings (anything Marco might have missed during the previous encounter), sail configuration, waterline (there's probably a better term for this, I mean how deep it is running, which indicates the load mass). Pay special attention to speed and heading. If needed, try to convince the captain of the Cormoran to set pursuit for a short while, at a safe distance.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

A

Forgive my laziness, but how many of Marco's crew are fit and able-bodied or close enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

A Like Outrail wrote on the last vote, this might solve the 'captain & crew without a ship' issue while still pursuing the vengeance/obsession branch

(hooray to Holly!)