Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

B
G, gently caress it, we're gonna die on this ship if they leave us here. And he does have a kind face. "I'll help you find whatever you want if you kill the man in there *point at the inquisitor room* and take me with you."

yes

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Oh I like Jacob, he reminds me of me

Uhh I mean some of my characters yeah that's it

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That Inquisitor has to die, the nun is clearly going to be trouble too. To be honest I don't see any way around it. There are feats of inhuman nature that took place here, and while nobody is going to immediately jump to "vampires!", they absolutely will, in this day and age, jump to "in league wyth that moste infernal and wycked serpent Satan the devyl hymself" and send word for reinforcements to hunt down such evil men.

Also "is the ginger fellow going to be alright? That was quite the blow he took to his... How do I say this decorously... His privies..."

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

You're really gonna enjoy the heck out of this one, huh? :ocelot: :)

It combines the Golden Age of Sail, Vampire the Masquerade, and pirates, and there's a ginger Gangrel fighty boi who might as well be a Warhammer Fantasy Trollslayer. You drat right I'm going to enjoy this.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

Cool.

Also, heaving bosoms. I sure hope there are some heaving bosoms on these storm tossed, tender is the heart, turbulent seas.

:pervert:

:quagmire:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

C. We systematically murder everybody aboard, steal everything else that isn't nailed down and has any kind of value, including the cannon if we have the displacement for them, and especially if they are of larger calibre than ours.

I think the actual big question here is

Do we take it as a prize rather than scuttle it?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

holy poo poo CV out of nowhere with the sass. :ocelot:

Plan CV

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

B3. I like the mangey dog and his lack of authoritarian respect.

:same:

B3

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

Vote: 4. She learned how to read tarot cards and spoke to the servants about their tribal beliefs.

This is a vampire story on the high seas during the gold age of piracy. Of course she's a witch (in training).

You see, the Inquisition was actually right to take her, that's why her Mom didn't really fight back when she was arrested.

This.

Nice one on the wiki. A very good idea.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

C, because the ginger savage is a man I feel a deep kinship with

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I can't help but hear Jacob's accent in my head as a thick Glaswegian, but writing it can be tricky.

"away wi' yer sharp tongue an' enticing quim afore ye ask a question ye're not likely tae enjoy the answer tae"

1B, 2D

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:laffo:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

A, I like the angry ginger bastard.

A, me too.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

B, it would be entirely indecorous and unseemly for a woman of our standing to simply gush out the entirety of our predicament to a stranger, even one related to a family friend. We are a lady, after all.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

malbogio posted:

The truth of our survival is fine. We were lucky. The first pirate we encountered was an officer who thought himself to be a gentleman and was unable to ignore our plea for safe passage. They protected us rather than besmirch their honor, even as their allies slaughtered the rest of the crew.

I'd expect gentleman pirates aren't unheard of given how many future pirate officers likely started out as high-born naval officers before turning to privateering.

I don't doubt that there were gentleman pirates, victims of circumstance scapegoated by the admiralty or disavowed and stripped after having to make extremely difficult and unpopular decisions to keep their crew alive. I'm fine with disclosing that we were just incredibly fortunate that the ship that found us had one such man of character aboard.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

Who's the one getting hot and bothered about heaving bussoms and outlaw pirate captains? Coz 'bath scene with female protagonist and servant girl' seems like a good option for act two of your degenerate head canon. Your head canon, not mine.

I was going to vote for Mary to get a different socioeconomic and cultural lens on the period, not the adjacency to the heaving bosoms of a lovely young lady mister, honest

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Is this a vote, Hex? If it is then we're tied. If it isn't, we're going for the good Captain next.

yeah Hol, sorry. I posted that on my tablet and forgot to bold it. However, by way of tie breaking let's go with the Captain instead

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

B, I can't see him pushing his luck and getting marooned here, a much more diplomatic tack to take would be asking for the merest fraction of their water, weighed against the kindness they would be showing to a stranger in need as good, godfearing men, kindness which surely will see them smiled down upon from on high. There's a time to push, a time to pull, and a time to ever so softly nudge.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

C

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CZ, Jacob is indeed great

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

theroachman posted:

A for Jeanette and B for Jacob

^ this

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

1C, 2A then also do B

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Definitely C

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

D, comment that she ought to really ask where that stain came from but that it would be impolitic and ungrateful. Also thank him for the assistance.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

D. This is bad. Far from home and mixed up in some bad bad poo poo. Also she's probably culpable in some way and things are looking grim. Plan ahead, these pirates are very bad men but haven't been bad to her, and then there's that empty mansion full of money and corpse. Offer to help loot the house in exchange for passage and a cut.

I like this. +1, also take great pains not to look at the rippling musculature of our Caledonian rescuer. Oh my.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Boba Pearl posted:

I really like stories where you get someone kind of meek and pompish and have them turn into a total badass.

A.) I want to see more of Jeanette, specifically bad rear end pirate Jeanette.

so much this. I want to see her inexorable slide from daughter of privilege to queen of the waves.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hollylolly posted:

But she’s so beautiful and headstrong, and her only flaw is that she’s clumsy! Also, she doesn’t know she’s pretty.

:cheeky:

Fufufu~

I'm going to go ahead and say B because of Erik's tone. she's already had a terrible fright this evening and is still struggling to maintain her decorum.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

vorebane posted:

Get in a rowboat and board those pirates!

Oh lawdy that would be a hilarious and grisly end indeed. However I am at a loss right now as to what to do

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

Wasn't one of the cabin boys Roger?

If not what are we even doing in the age of sail

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hollylolly posted:

They were both Spanish!

Rogelio is close enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU