Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Welcome to Season 11 of the 20-team fantasy league.

CURRENT DRAFT IS LISTED AT Sun, Aug 25, 2019, 8PM EASTERN TIME
Still no Game of Thrones, bitch all you want.

LITERALLY ALL THE RULES ARE HERE, READ THEM

Members
Priority goes to the players who got into the league last year. These guys will have til about Aug. 11th to tell me IN THIS THREAD that they are going to participate. Not in PM, not on the league page. Here. I am not psychic, and I really don't keep up with HILARIOUS FORUM JOKES, so I do not know if you've changed your username, so you know, lemme know if you did that. Also, if you're changing your team name, tell us so we can update the OP. IF YOU ARE A RETURNING MEMBER, ALSO POST IN THE LEAGUE PAGE TO CONFIRM YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ.

Second priority goes to wait list people. If you were on the wait list from last year, you're below. If you want to be added to the wait list, post and I will add you first come first serve.

Last year we introduced a lot of scoring tweaks. Most of them were well received and we will be sticking with them. The idea was brought up that defenses that allow a ton of points should earn negative points. I don't subscribe to this line of thinking, but I will put it up to a vote. When you post IN THIS THREAD that you want to play this year, please answer the following question: SHOULD DEFENSES THAT ALLOW MORE THAN 25 POINTS EARN NEGATIVE POINTS? I will be tallying up the results and make any needed changes prior to the draft. I will also make an announcement.

Another big change that has been requested is realignment. I am fine with shaking up the divisions and conferences. I will be doing this and posting the new divisions at a later time, before the schedule comes out.
BREAKDOWN
The draft *does* take time, but really the roster is smaller than most. Most people seemed happy with the way the rosters were last year, but we are always up for debate to expand it (contracting is out of the question). Last year, we voted to expand the rosters to:

QB, RB, WR, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, TE, D/ST, K, 5 BE, 2 IR

DRAFT
We will be doing a live draft. Please plan your schedules accordingly. Set your rankings, and get a friend to draft for you if need be (better option).

Draft order will be randomized after the league is officially filled.

LEAGUE SCHEDULING
I have yet to set up the schedules. I need to fill the league before I do
your schedule will look like this:
-8 division games
-3 conference games
-2 OoC games

We keep the same divisions. The AFC and NFC conferences will be placed on other ends of the real playoffs when the time comes.

PLAYOFF BERTHS

I could have sworn I had a section on this, but since I am asked this every year, I'm putting it in the OP. IGNORE THE ESPN PLAYOFF BERTHS, THEY ARE WRONG. The playoff berths are determined using the ACTUAL RULES THE NFL HAS. In some cases, I skip a tie-breaker, like "margin of victory", because you cannot control how the other team scores.

SEASON 11:

SA Name
Lock
Silly Burrito
commish
Eltoasto
AnacondaHL
jabro
MakaVillain
darkwolf220
braksgirl
Power of Pecota
Pain of Mind
tadashi
Dubious
tuckfard
punch drunk
bbf2
chrix
Quiet Feet
Yuzenn
ShakeZula

*- Not signed up yet

WAIT LIST

LINKS FOR THE LAZY:
http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoff...4&seasonId=2019

HALL OF HONOR:
Season 1: J-City Rockstars [Joe Montana Division]
Season 2: bbf2, Plaxico's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 3: bbf2, Stevie J's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 4: JuicedSixFo, Zoltan Mesko [Dan Marino Division]
Season 5: Chrix, Naptown Sleepers [Bart Starr Division]
Season 6: Braksgirl(a.k.a Mrs. Burrito), Taco Tuesday [Dan Marino Division]
Season 7: Commish, Baller Status [Joe Namath Division]
Season 8: Double Discount Champ[Joe Montana Division]
Season 9: Seattle Fraisers [Joe Montana Division]
Season 10 Spinnin Freeneys [Joe Namath Division]

LEAGUE HISTORY:

Season 10 - Under NEW Management
Season 9 - The Final Sunday?
Season 8 - The Thing Still Exists?
Season 7 - What the gently caress is Wrong With Us?
Season 6 - Still Not as Tough as the SEC
Season 5 - The Only Place Dan Marino Gets a Ring
Season 4 - Bounty Programs Aint Crazy Y'all
Season 3 - More Nuts than CBA Arguments
Season 2 - Still loving Nuts
Season 1 - Let's Go Nuts

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Saving for reasons?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Bitches

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Back in, but no need to change the divisions, just the OOC games.

And no.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Spinnin Freeneys will be back to defend their crown!

And my vote is no for negative defensive points, since we end up scraping bottom on defenses so much and really don't want to make them more valuable.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Back in!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm in again this year.

I vote no on the defense thing.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm in!

Vote no on negative defensive points.

Suggest adding one or two extra bench slots. I had to drop a few guys last year that I didn't want to because of bye weeks and small benches.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

89 posted:

I'm in!

Vote no on negative defensive points.

Suggest adding one or two extra bench slots. I had to drop a few guys last year that I didn't want to because of bye weeks and small benches.

It’s not the size of the bench that matters, it’s how skillfully you can manipulate it.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I’m definitely against more bench spots. Big benches would make this 20 team league 900 times harder.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

commish posted:

I’m definitely against more bench spots. Big benches would make this 20 team league 900 times harder.

And add more draft rounds too.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Back in for sure! This is my favorite league to lose every year

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Whoops 25th, not 24th. Brain is baked today.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

commish posted:

I agree to this.

No on negative defense.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Back to be a playoff bridesmaid, but never the bride =/

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I would like to propose that part of my name that says "Mrs Burrito" be removed from the Champions list seeing as how Mr. Burrito has never won and therefore does not need his name on the list in any form.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Hell yeah, back in!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yes I'm back in, yes on negative defense, yes on bigger benches, yes on CHAOS REIGNS

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Honestly it's freaking me out that I've been a part of this thing for over a decade, holy poo poo

Steve Slaton was a first round pick in season one lmao

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I Am back

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Question: Do we want to experiment with FAAB for one year or would that be too much?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

Question: Do we want to experiment with FAAB for one year or would that be too much?

No.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Is FAAB an auction draft? Because you need to quit with that. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Is FAAB an auction draft? Because you need to quit with that. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

No, not an auction draft. It’s bidding on waivers so everyone has the same shot at picking up the hot waiver of the week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i'm down to clown

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

We already have a ton of moving parts. I dont think we need to add another.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I am back with the intention of taking my 9 year playoff streak and making it a full decade. I would prefer to remain in the Dan Marino division. Being a part of the Dan Marino division has been a source of pride for me the last decade. Championship count: 4 (half of which are me) to 3 to 2 to 1, still in the lead baby.

No more bench spots, no more active roster spots. That goes against the spirit that this league was initially designed for.

Firmly against negative points for a defense allowing a normal amount of points against. If final stat corrections were put in place before the Monday Night game it would be worth consideration, but they aren't. Don't want any shenanigans of "Well I'm winning by 4 points better pull my defense playing in the Monday Night Game in case they score negative points" only for stat corrections to change the whole thing.

Silly Burrito posted:

FAAB might be a fun thing to try in a 10 team league but hell no to using it in this league, that would be a poo poo show

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

FAAB is so much better.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Never mind!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 12, 2019

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Might as well get on this early, we have at least 1 vacancy and a few people have yet to check in. Going to contact Cheese, but now might be a good time to bring in a friend to get on the wait list.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I would like to add my name to the wait list, please.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
I would like to play if any spots open up as well.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Hello everyone.

I'm posting just to say I'm out this year. The biggest reasons being that last season I was basically just dead weight. I forgot about the draft, and I generally forgot about the team soon after that. The second is the long-standing one that I never login to SA anymore as it is.

I wanna thank everyone who has made this league so popular and fun over the last ten years. I'm happy to see it is in good hands and many of y'all who've been with it from the start continue to play it.

I never could have imagined when I came up with this idea that dumb summer back in grad school that it would continue for this long.

If something special is needed to remove me due to still having LM powers or being the creator, have Burrito message me he has my personal info.

Dan Marino Division - Best Division

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Hello everyone.

I'm posting just to say I'm out this year. The biggest reasons being that last season I was basically just dead weight. I forgot about the draft, and I generally forgot about the team soon after that. The second is the long-standing one that I never login to SA anymore as it is.

I wanna thank everyone who has made this league so popular and fun over the last ten years. I'm happy to see it is in good hands and many of y'all who've been with it from the start continue to play it.

I never could have imagined when I came up with this idea that dumb summer back in grad school that it would continue for this long.

If something special is needed to remove me due to still having LM powers or being the creator, have Burrito message me he has my personal info.

Sorry to see you go Jetsguy. :(

Thanks for making this crazy rear end league!

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Hello everyone.

Definitely plenty of good times, thanks for everything.

That said, unfortunately, I'm also out. This has been my favorite league I've ever played in (more than my own irl league), and I'm sure I'll miss it. I've been telling myself to keep it one league for many years and finally trying to follow through with it this year.

I'll never forget that there was an actual championship (mine) in a real fantasy football league decided between Christian Ponder and Chad Henne (good luck Pecota).

Dan Marino Division for life, whoever gets this spot I hope you do it justice. It's the best division, uphold it well.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Dang, dropping like flies, looks like 89 is out this year too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3862257&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post497053492

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Edit: Nevermind

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The waitlist will get used this year.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

No word from Cheese as of yet. PMed Lock. With several openings, Shakezula, Waterslide Industry Lobbiest, you're in, PM me with your email addresses so I can pass a team over to you.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Also I am rubbish at SA names to team names. Which team did JuiceSixFo manage?