Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is she cute?
This poll is closed.
Yes! She'll sell very well!! 28 40.00%
Yes! She'll sell very well!! 14 20.00%
Yes! She'll sell very well!! 18 25.71%
Yes! She'll sell very well!! 10 14.29%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
~3900 gems got me 3 copies of 9S's spear, 1 copy of the rate up sword, and 2 off banner rearguard SRs. Was really hoping for 2B, but I should probably tap out and save for Replicant.

I have enough medals for either a job or a class plus one arcana. Not sure if 2B's job or weapon are the better get though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Standard wisdom is the job, because the common pool stats you get from leveling a job are forever and apply to everything while weapons will eventually be replaced. At this point you've got a pretty long shelf life on a new SR, though, so you can't really make a bad decision on that - just depends how much you like the character and whether you want forever power or just fairly long time power.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Irony.or.Death posted:

Standard wisdom is the job, because the common pool stats you get from leveling a job are forever and apply to everything while weapons will eventually be replaced. At this point you've got a pretty long shelf life on a new SR, though, so you can't really make a bad decision on that - just depends how much you like the character and whether you want forever power or just fairly long time power.

I tried another tenpull, got poo poo all, and grabbed 2B + her arcana. Time to actually start saving for Replicant. :toot:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
My guild is down a sorcerer in our 11PM EST timeslot. It's not a goon guild, but if anyone is looking for a home please let me know! We are a 'casual tryhard' guild-- basically we expect people to play frequently and do their best, but there's no need to whale or devote your life to tapping buttons. Our power ranges from 36-120k and we're hoping to make rank A once we have a full guild again.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Shonagon has a spot open for anyone interested. Our colosseum slot is 6 PM Pacific. We’re pretty casual but we’re in A tier somehow.

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017
Kafka has one vacant spot, and also a few inactives in the rearguard that we'll probably boot at some point, so we'll need some new supports to replace 'em. Minstrels and Sorcerers would be very much appreciated - we could use a boost to our buff/debuff game.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
How exactly do I build a support unit for Colosseum? I have cleric/minstrel/sorcerer classes but they seem to overlap a lot.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Framboise posted:

How exactly do I build a support unit for Colosseum? I have cleric/minstrel/sorcerer classes but they seem to overlap a lot.

If you're just starting then pick the one that specializes in the item type you have the most of in your weapon grid and/or what you're planning to use most. Staves would be cleric, instruments would be minstrel, and tomes would be sorcerer.

That's what I'm doing at least until I get more items in future pulls.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So it's better to go all in on one type of support instead of diversifying support options? All right.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Framboise posted:

So it's better to go all in on one type of support instead of diversifying support options? All right.

The goal is to eventually be able to do that, but you want at least some weapons not of your primary type to help out with summoning demons (types change each day), i'd say eventually you might go 12 primary and 4/4 of offclass weaps or like 15 / 5 if your primary weapon is used for a demon. But for now, you're just gonna use all the SR's you have and a selection of useful S's

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ok so i have 1100 medals of desire (7) from the alice/sorc grimoire. i was advised earlier that i can just hang out and wait for the nier replicant grimoire and pull 4 more times, and then use those medals of desire on the alice/sorc medal exchange. however it looks like the gretel/sorc grimoire has a separate medal of desire (8) exchange. so does this mean my nier replicant grimoire pulls (and thus medals of desire) wouldn't count towards the alice/sorc medal exchange?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Automata and Replicant each have their own medals.
The only remaining source of VII medals is the Alice Sorcerer grimoire that runs out in 6 days.
The new Gretel Gunner grimoire was released today, but it seems to count as an August grimorie, so it will give VIII medals.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
My understanding is that not only will the Replicant banner not have Medal of Desire 7’s, it will have medals that are different from both the new standard ones (medal of desire 8) AND the Nier Automata medals (moon medals or something?).

I don’t think you can pull for medal of desire 7s anymore, the current banners just do 8s. So I don’t think there’s anything to gain from not spending the 7s that you have now. I think.

E: The above is wrong; you can pull on the Alice Sorceror banner for more medal 7s.

PatentPending fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 30, 2020

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Cool. well i did my last 4 pulls on alice/sorc and pulled a Noin, so i guess thats cool. bought alice/sorc with the medals. and thats it until nier replicant hits i guess!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I know some of the goon guilds we’re talking about some sort of consolidation, and BookClub may have an opening soon for a Vanguard. We run 10PM EST colo and are looking for someone that is pretty consistent with showing up at that time.

Our vanguard is all in the 90k + range. You don’t gotta immediately meet that but close would be cool

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

We got rocked today, but apparently we were matched up against a guild in a rank above us? That's kinda dumb.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
This first Demon Summoning was extremely harrowing jfc

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh man, I was so busy slamming the harp button I didn’t even see how close that one got.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
literally put my phone down to put my hands on my head to watch the animation to see which way it was facing

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mr. Maltose posted:

Oh man, I was so busy slamming the harp button I didn’t even see how close that one got.

I saw it as I was slamming a harp during cooldowns and immediately went into "oh god oh god" mode when the animation started.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to level up equipment efficiently or is it as massive of a pain in the rear end grind as it looks? The material costs to evolve weapons is stupid when you only get a couple per run though material dungeons.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Framboise posted:

Is there a way to level up equipment efficiently or is it as massive of a pain in the rear end grind as it looks? The material costs to evolve weapons is stupid when you only get a couple per run though material dungeons.

nope it's just a slow grind, although materials from events are usually a bit more stamina efficient to farm

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Picked the game back up after two weeks off. I have 1,500 medals of desire to spend; should I get Alice/Sorcerer or Mermaid/Minstrel? I have a few sorcerer classes already but only one minstrel; can minstrel support PVE content?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Framboise posted:

Events and medal exchanges should be your main source for evo mats. The rotating dungeons should be a last resort.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Framboise posted:

I've been playing my current account since the start of Automata, so roughly 2 weeks. I've evolved and max leveled 7 L weapons, including two that are limit broken to 100 and 120. Events and medal exchange shops seem like our best friends in this game; there are also drop boosting potions that make a huge difference in getting exp mats, evo mats, and gold. You get some with the royal subscription, or you can buy one every so often in the item shop.

Capntastic posted:

Picked the game back up after two weeks off. I have 1,500 medals of desire to spend; should I get Alice/Sorcerer or Mermaid/Minstrel? I have a few sorcerer classes already but only one minstrel; can minstrel support PVE content?

My fiance plays minstrel and hasn't had any trouble clearing PVE content with a good party. If you're not in a guild that desperately needs one or the other, choose whoever looks cooler to you.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I've been playing my current account since the start of Automata, so roughly 2 weeks. I've evolved and max leveled 7 L weapons, including two that are limit broken to 100 and 120. Events and medal exchange shops seem like our best friends in this game; there are also drop boosting potions that make a huge difference in getting exp mats, evo mats, and gold. You get some with the royal subscription, or you can buy one every so often in the item shop.

Holy poo poo. How. I've been playing for about 2 weeks as well and I only have one L weapon, not maxed. Have you been doing IAP?

I don't think I've been spending my resources well otherwise.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Framboise posted:

Holy poo poo. How. I've been playing for about 2 weeks as well and I only have one L weapon, not maxed. Have you been doing IAP?

I don't think I've been spending my resources well otherwise.

Royal service drop potions plus I got a few of the experience mat IAPs (total 14 SR weapon experience mats), none of the evo mat ones. I did, however, make some questionable choices with my charm, friend, and spare moon medals to get in an extra 2 evos.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CesspoolofHatred posted:

Kafka has one vacant spot, and also a few inactives in the rearguard that we'll probably boot at some point, so we'll need some new supports to replace 'em. Minstrels and Sorcerers would be very much appreciated - we could use a boost to our buff/debuff game.

Sent you a request as Gumball

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
So, this is happening

https://twitter.com/sinoalice_jp/status/1289396182188318720?s=19

Alchem
Oct 28, 2007

I have to find her!

I can't wait to play this collab in 2023.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Shonagon has two open spots now. 6 PM Pacific colo slot. Back line support is preferred but any active bodies would be good.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
book club made it to S but good lord was it ever down to the wire

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Not only did we avenge our total loss to them from previously in A Rank, but we are now an S Rank Guild

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

book posted:

Shonagon has two open spots now. 6 PM Pacific colo slot. Back line support is preferred but any active bodies would be good.

Are those slots still open? My fiance and I are 61k minstrel and 91k breaker respectively and might be without a home soon :ohdear:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

what does upgrading tome or instrument skills do?

book
Nov 29, 2014

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Are those slots still open? My fiance and I are 61k minstrel and 91k breaker respectively and might be without a home soon :ohdear:

Yep, the slots are still open. Feel free to apply if things don’t work out with your current guild. Just let me know if you do.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
BookClub still looking for a Vanguard for Colosseum at 10PM EST. We're all pretty consistent so that is what we are looking for most! Our frontline is all around 90k-110k but the person you'd be replacing is 81k so try to be around there or able to get to there soon

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
So SlAckers is down to 11-12 at this point, our fights are at 3pm EST. Looking for new members, frontline or support.

If all the SA guilds are down team members maybe we should start to look at consolidation at some point?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

MotU posted:

BookClub still looking for a Vanguard for Colosseum at 10PM EST. We're all pretty consistent so that is what we are looking for most! Our frontline is all around 90k-110k but the person you'd be replacing is 81k so try to be around there or able to get to there soon

I'm right about there and 10pm EST should work well for me. I see you're full at the moment, should I apply anyway or what's the preference on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

book posted:

Yep, the slots are still open. Feel free to apply if things don’t work out with your current guild. Just let me know if you do.

I think we've worked things out with our current guild, but thank you!