Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Instead of directly quoting what he took issue with and addressing it he made a passive aggressive post directed to no one in particular and as is evident above is continuing to post weird incoherent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztmJRegmCQ

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've never been the direct target of a weird meltdown before.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm unemployed rn. Staring at my bills like an unending swirling abyss that will send me to oblivion

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arrhythmia posted:

Are you having a dissociative episode?

No, are you? Do you want to?

----------------

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

...you ok man?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I prefer marijuanamancer's music links.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I've never been the direct target of a weird meltdown before.

Youre just a bad person, you suck, youre annoying. You confused you being awful with me being a bad poster.

I dont want to have to reply to you I dont want to know you.

----------------

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
While this doesn’t feel appropriate for the unemployment thread , it somehow does at the same time

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

immortalyawn posted:

Youre just a bad person, you suck, youre annoying. You confused you being awful with me being a bad poster.

I think I'm pretty alright immortalyawn.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I was unemployed for about 3 and a half months in 2017, got laid off from my previous job when they let the entire development team go so they could relocate down south and hire recent graduates and pay them less. between severance and unemployment checks I got by fine, but with another month or two of no work I would've been in trouble

anyway I usually spent 1-2 hours every morning doing job search stuff and then did housework and played video games for the rest of the day. it was actually pretty sweet at first, I started to get restless though after a while and was glad to go back to work.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

immortalyawn posted:

I'm saying with this all the love in the world, but have people ever described you as "unemployable"?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

immortalyawn posted:

Turn ur monitor on

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I've never been out a job for more than a week for the last 15 years, save for a couple months I was settling into school away from home. It isn't exactly saying much as I've only worked in food and automotive. But I am an excellent interviewee

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The government pays me to retard masturbate. I havent been to a job in like 2 years it rules.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

immortalyawn posted:

I don't know wtf is going on here but you need to chill out it appears.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

interwhat posted:

I've never been out a job for more than a week for the last 15 years, save for a couple months I was settling into school away from home. It isn't exactly saying much as I've only worked in food and automotive. But I am an excellent interviewee

Same, but that may be changing soon if things at work keep on the way they are going (e.g. layoffs). I suck at being interviewed as well so yah me!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I've been self employed with a couple different business most of my life and those went pretty well until I got bored. Took a regular sales job for a bit and got laid off when the company overextended itself. Spent a year and a half dodging job offers because due to some mathematical quirks in the system my unemployment was pretty good so I took an unethical vacation. Spent the time sleeping in, playing video games, and when I would get bored I'd travel around visiting family (No not couch surfing) and doing some local community volunteer work. It was a nice break and I highly recommend it.

Now I work in the public sector, which is a lot like the whole getting paid for doing nothing unemployment gig, but with killer benefits.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Graduated right when the last recession hit my area and there were no jobs in my poo poo town so I was unemployed for like six months.
The first few weeks felt like a vacation but as savings dried up and bills piled up that feeling went away pretty quick.

The only other time I've been unemployed longer than a week or so in-between jobs that I had already lined up the time off for was a few years back. Right from the get to I was like, "aw gently caress not this again."

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Same, but that may be changing soon if things at work keep on the way they are going (e.g. layoffs). I suck at being interviewed as well so yah me!

Sorry burt. That sucks. I think you need to get a forklift cert though.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Work a lovely dead end job but at least its fulltime and with dental benefits :shrug: and the student loans are done for.

Didn't have any long term unemployment since maybe highschool, just a series of lovely part time work lol

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
ive been with this place part time for like 2 years now. i really dont want to leave because i really really dislike disrupting my routine/changing it, but i think i really want to move back out of my parents house. it's cool and all but no i want to smoke weed and be judged by people i don't know

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What's so bad about not paying rent?!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This thread feels like a trap.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gaunab posted:

It was for me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaunab posted:

Mass banning of the unemployed incapable of contributing to the spine fund begins at midnight

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I was unemploymed for 6 years after I got out of prison but luckily my broke brains allowed me to get disability, and then recently I was unemploymed for 2 months and goons helped me pay my bills thank you guys and then I now I work at value village taking in donations and I really love it it's nice to feel like I'm doing something good for the world while also getting paid. A guy from the OFCP (Ontario federation for cerebral palsy) brought in a young man who has cerebral palsy two weeks ago to speak to us and he just won silver in karate at the PanAm games and it was really inspirational

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got laid off once and smoked a buncha weed and watched the entire series of The Wire in like 3 days.

then i got a new job

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

immortalyawn posted:

i think this was just answered by who took issue.

Basically all your posts in here seem to be coming from some dimension where I'm assuming they're tonally in line with the rest of the thread, or make some sense.
Because you've really been just out there on the dance floor doing ball room dancing at a disco and wondering why everyone's doing the :chloe: face at you.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

The Clowner posted:

I'm unemployed rn. Staring at my bills like an unending swirling abyss that will send me to oblivion

burn them for heat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grape posted:

Basically all your posts in here seem to be coming from some dimension where I'm assuming they're tonally in line with the rest of the thread, or make some sense.
Because you've really been just out there on the dance floor doing ball room dancing at a disco and wondering why everyone's doing the :chloe: face at you.

Topic please

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Gaunab posted:

it's a honey pot but not the good kind where you get sticky hand :'(

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I haven't worked all year but I stumbled into a decent amount of money so now I have zero motivation to be not unemployed and that frankly kind of terrifies me because eventually I'll spend it all and then be hosed. I should go back to school.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i would like to take an adult year off, is that a thing???

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

i would like to take an adult year off, is that a thing???

No

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

I was unemploymed for 6 years after I got out of prison but luckily my broke brains allowed me to get disability, and then recently I was unemploymed for 2 months and goons helped me pay my bills thank you guys and then I now I work at value village taking in donations and I really love it it's nice to feel like I'm doing something good for the world while also getting paid. A guy from the OFCP (Ontario federation for cerebral palsy) brought in a young man who has cerebral palsy two weeks ago to speak to us and he just won silver in karate at the PanAm games and it was really inspirational

I love you buddy. I'm glad you're doing better now! :glomp:

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!

Chomp8645 posted:

I wish I was unemployed. I have plenty of money saved. Barring unexpected emergency expenditures, I could probably live for close to two years maintaining my current lifestyle even if I weren't making a dime for that whole duration.

Really I think I just need a break for a few months. Like a sabbatical. But I'm American and not in education so I can't do that and if I leave there is no way my job is waiting for me when I come back. I just want a break.
Same. But my spouse already thinks I'm lazy even though I'm just severely burned out, so there's no way taking an unpaid break is gonna fly.

I just keep hoping I'm in the next round of layoffs. My spouse says I could just quit and get another job, but in the words of my hero Peter Gibbons, "I don't think I'd like another job."

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
2 months? I was a unemployed for 2 years! Gained 100lbs! Met the love of my life! Got a dog!

Then I got a job at Walmart and got fired 2 years in. Then I was unempolyed for a month or 2. Dad offered me a job at the ol' warehouse and I've been here every since. Also I got got married and lost like 85lbs.

All I do is post here and in the beer thread. Also drink alotta beer.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Duncan Hunters campaign paid me a 20,000 dollar consulting fee to advise him on the best things to put up his butt

e: sorry wrong thread

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

2 months? I was a unemployed for 2 years! Gained 100lbs! Met the love of my life! Got a dog!

Then I got a job at Walmart and got fired 2 years in. Then I was unempolyed for a month or 2. Dad offered me a job at the ol' warehouse and I've been here every since. Also I got got married and lost like 85lbs.

All I do is post here and in the beer thread. Also drink alotta beer.

you’re living the American Dream :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I was working a dece job and saving a lot of money. I eventually took a generous lump sum buyout and have been living of my savings and going to school debt free for the last 8 months and could keep going for at least a couple more years of I felt like it because my rent is cheap despite not having a roommate. Being unemployed owns bones and I have way more time to do stuff that I couldn't do before because I was always stuck working. I'm in my 20s