Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

The Glumslinger posted:

Atleast someone in this country has the balls to impeach an executive

After they impeach their governor, they should impeach their president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mahoning posted:

Link to the press conference which should be starting any minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCbwK1Ad3ZQ

This summer: Impeachment is so off the table they've removed the loving table too!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

The Glumslinger posted:

Atleast someone in this country has the balls to impeach an executive

I should note this is only happening because the governor's own party disavowed him almost immediately and joined the calls for resignation, then eventually threatened impeachment. The opposition party has favored impeachment but had way less direct power or leverage on this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RepKatieHill/status/1154130671704690689

I honestly, think the Dems should campaign on this nationally if this dies in the Senate. These robocalls piss everyone off

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Better feed of the PR press room, via facebook for those with accounts:

https://www.facebook.com/108679513654/videos/2358019697774039/

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Mahoning posted:

Link to the press conference which should be starting any minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCbwK1Ad3ZQ

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/1154131253630816256?s=19

Interesting.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Arturo Ui posted:

Murder is generally not a federal crime so no.

Pretty sure he can't be indicted on state charges either, because NY definitely has plenty on him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This gently caress Mueller literally said in front of congress that Trump lied to him and he did jack poo poo about it lol.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

God knows, maybe someone is tying a broomstick to Pelosi's spine.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Just as well. Duelling press conferences with the PR thing would have been bad.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeah i'm still not expecting anything, there hasn't been enough time for polling data to appeal to those in The House who are terminally addicted to polls to decide on holding impeachment proceedings.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

loving DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOMY

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

All the rules, practices and structure of America's political system completely undermined by a guy just saying "lol no"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nail Rat posted:

Pretty sure he can't be indicted on state charges either, because NY definitely has plenty on him.
It's not so much "can't" as it is "won't threaten the stability of the entire nation by sending New York State Police to Washington DC to arrest the President, during which time they'll have to shoot their way through the secret service".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile

https://mobile.twitter.com/business/status/1154129783892172800

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/1154133602071961600
This is my shocked face :geno:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

I should note that there are a lot of hurdles to clear to enter a class action suit- it's very complex and difficult. This appears to indicate that most but not all of those hurdles are cleared.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"DOJ refuses to prosecute boss" is not news!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Any weed news for the weed page?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

theflyingorc posted:

It's not so much "can't" as it is "won't threaten the stability of the entire nation by sending New York State Police to Washington DC to arrest the President, during which time they'll have to shoot their way through the secret service".

And that would probably still hold true even if he did murder a guy on 5th avenue.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

Bout to pry myself out of this hammock and go indulge.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Zotix posted:

Is anyone else worried about the fact almost all voting is done on an electronic voting machines now? I find it even more worrisome going into 2020 than I did back in 2016.

The new voting machines being used here print out a little receipt that the voter gets to see behind some glass, and then drops that receipt into a metal box.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ugh. I could see this as either a good sign or a bad sign. My guess is though that more than half the caucus supports impeachment now.

The iron is loving SCALDING, strike already!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oh yeah i heard that trump university adjacent stuff was ongoing but wasn't up on the current status, sweet

next step is to take it to court

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
My prediction is they’re going to vote on impeachment inquiry AFTER the August recess. Then they’ll all go back to their districts and see how people react.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

Why don't they just seize all his property and accounts in NY state and charge it with a crime since that is a thing you can do in America?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Push El Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/RepJerryNadler/status/1153814442737487874

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This loving dude is really delusional lol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mahoning posted:

Ugh. I could see this as either a good sign or a bad sign. My guess is though that more than half the caucus supports impeachment now.

The iron is loving SCALDING, strike already!

That and they have cover now. They have no real excuse now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Good money is on them demanding further investigations, which will probably carry forward into the election cycle and give them more talking points.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah barring some smoking gun coming out, there will be no better time than right now to support impeachment. You can use “I was waiting for Mueller to testify” as your excuse as to why you didn’t support it until now, but waiting makes no sense.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
We'll see where this poo poo show goes, but I've got my reservations about how impeachment proceedings would play out. Don't get me wrong, this dickhead had at least a dozen impeachable offenses under his belt before he finished the oath of office (which he's also broken), but I don't know that today's proceedings are enough to get the American people on board.

Almost Smart fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 24, 2019

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I called McAdams and told them to begin impeachment investigations, so don't worry y'all, I did it, mission accomplished.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bob “Blunts” Mueller

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Good money is on them demanding further investigations, which will probably carry forward into the election cycle and give them more talking points.

Sounds about right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Almost Smart posted:

We'll see where this poo poo show goes, but I've got my reservations about how impeachment proceedings would play out. Don't get me wrong, this dickhead had at least a dozen impeachable offenses under his belt before he finished the oath of office (which he's also broken), but I don't know that the today's proceedings today are enough to get the American people on board.

The point isn't to actually impeach him. It's to have hearings every week that are embarrassing to him and keep his crimes in the news from now till the election.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Almost Smart posted:

We'll see where this poo poo show goes, but I've got my reservations about how impeachment proceedings would play out. Don't get me wrong, this dickhead had at least a dozen impeachable offenses under his belt before he finished the oath of office (which he's also broken), but I don't know that the today's proceedings today are enough to get the American people on board.

Unless the caucus is threatening to revolt, Pelosi won't impeach. She clearly thinks that it is the better political move and is unwilling to change her mind on the issue

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The point isn't to actually impeach him. It's to have hearings every week that are embarrassing to him and keep his crimes in the news from now till the election.

This too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm not nothing mattersing but Pelosi seems hard pressed on decorum so I don't think impeachment will ever happen.

I desperately wish to be proven wrong, however